For those of you with receding temples and/or a widow's peak

kpat

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have receding temples but a widow's peak, growing your hair out and parting it in the middle can mask the recession pretty well. The lowest point of my widow's peak is at the level of a normal to low hairline, and since my hair is shoulder length, parting in the middle hides most of the recession of my temples. This might even work for people without widow's peaks, but I don't know. This solution is basically my best option right now as I'm a norwood 2.5 or 3 and my hairline is not getting lower anytime soon.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have receding temples but a widow's peak, growing your hair out and parting it in the middle can mask the recession pretty well. The lowest point of my widow's peak is at the level of a normal to low hairline, and since my hair is shoulder length, parting in the middle hides most of the recession of my temples. This might even work for people without widow's peaks, but I don't know. This solution is basically my best option right now as I'm a norwood 2.5 or 3 and my hairline is not getting lower anytime soon.

pictures?

Cincinnati Kid

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairline is around 2.5 as well, but I have always liked to comb my hair straight backwards when it gets a little longer. It's gotten much more difficult to do this since I noticed the recession. I don't like doing the part thing very much even though I know it does a better job of masking the hair loss. As always, though, wind and water are the enemy.

HighHair

Reaction score
I kind of agree with you. My hair is not the worst right now. I started with a naturally high hairline and then noticed thinning around the hairline. Photos over the last couple of years show that at the temples there has actually been a fair bit of movement though but really that's the only part where there's any issue at this stage. I'm not sure if it would work with someone with more thinning, depends how thick the hair growing in the middle is or more importantly how much of it there is i guess.

I tried the style (that I think) you are describing for about a month but the problem I had with it is that it's a style that is largely out of fashion. Were this the mid 90's in to the early 00's when every boy band had at least one "curtains" member and the women were going mad for David Beckham and Leo Di Caprio's floppy hair I'd have been happy but I felt I really stood out as "here's a guy with a haircut from 15 years ago when I wore my hair like that. Unless I was deluding myself though it really does mask your hairline like you say and I wasn't constantly having to check in the mirror in case that bit of skin where the hair on my temples used to be was suddenly shining through as with this style you can simply run your hand through it and be pretty confident it will fall well. Below is said floppy style, a nice pic of my hairline and my no.2 buzzed head which shows my hairline.

Snapchat.jpgsnapvhay.jpgsnaphar.jpg

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride not working??