For those of us who dont wanna use propecia...

Jm0311

Reaction score
Bryan said:
2tall said:
What should we use??????

Propecia gave me too many side effects, i messed around with some topical dutasteride but im looking for the best TOPICAL DHT med out there?

Why don't you try Prox-N or Proxiphen? Dr. Proctor has made the bold statement in the past that Proxiphen is "unquestionably more effective" than Propecia alone, and I have no particular reason to doubt his judgement.

What would be better? Xandrox or Prox-N, Proxiphen?????

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Proxiphen should be better than Prox-N, since it contains some additional prescription items that Prox-N doesn't have. Xandrox would probably be bringing up the rear.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
BlahBlah12 said:
if that were the case, i believe the big 3 would be the big 4 on most websites but i truly hear nothing regarding proxiphen/prox-n.

Relatively few people have tried his products, which is why they're not very well known.
if they really worked better than any other treatments, i would imagine we would have heard more anecdotes by users and they would have become more well known around the forums

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
BlahBlah12 said:
if they really worked better than any other treatments, i would imagine we would have heard more anecdotes by users and they would have become more well known around the forums

Oh, I imagine they're about as well known as could be expected, considering how expensive they are (frankly, they're probably TOO expensive), and how relatively few people use them nowadays.

There were more anecdotes about them back in the old alt.baldspot days, when Dr. Proctor was a regular contributor and more people were willing to try them, based on his posts.

Petchsky

Reaction score
BlahBlah12 said:
Bryan said:
BlahBlah12 said:
if that were the case, i believe the big 3 would be the big 4 on most websites but i truly hear nothing regarding proxiphen/prox-n.

Relatively few people have tried his products, which is why they're not very well known.

Take Xandrox for example. A few threads on that of late, and it seems like it's really popular, but Xandrox has been around for ages, and a few weeks ago before the threads on it, you would have thought the same thing of Xandrox as you are now with proxiphen.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
BlahBlah12 said:

Take Xandrox for example. A few threads on that of late, and it seems like it's really popular, but Xandrox has been around for ages, and a few weeks ago before the threads on it, you would have thought the same thing of Xandrox as you are now with proxiphen.
ive been on xandrox for 3 years..ive heard good things about it since i first started checking out this website over 3 years ago.

ive never heard anything good regarding proxn. i dont think ive ever heard anything bad, just nothing from it. i would rightfully assume it makes no difference for users

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
BlahBlah12 said:
ive never heard anything good regarding proxn. i dont think ive ever heard anything bad, just nothing from it.

Oh really? You've never seen any of my own favorable comments about Prox-N? I've talked about it on all the hairloss sites, including this one.

CCS

Reaction score
We all know propecia works well. Even the scariest estimates by people on here say 25% get side effects. With all the men out there going bald, why is so little propecia being sold? Minus the 25% I mean?

If not many people are taking some funky shampoo or topical, I would not worry about it. Fact is many people I know who won't take propecia are taking some $200 shampoo or other.

abidar

Reaction score
i start revivogen 5 years ago when first came out . i was desperate to save my hair and as a founder is from same country as i am i contact them and ask them for more detail . overall i have to say i definitively maintain my hair that for sure but not much on regrowth as a long term user i can say that . recently i start to use proscar 5mg 4 time a week i respond very good is like magic for it is working very good with revivogen plus minoxidil ( i have to mention ) now am positive and looking forward to see more hair on my damn head :hump:

male 28
i have hair loss since i was 22

Petchsky

Reaction score
This adds weight to my theory that Revivogen is maintenance only product.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
After i got sides from finasteride :(, will be my next try. I've done little search on hair loss forums and there are actually posstive comments for people who used it

Petchsky

Reaction score
From what i've read it works, you can buy it made up, or you can buy the powder and make it yourself, though i think you have to be careful with the temperature, if it gets to hot it can destroy the batch.

abidar

Reaction score
i believe Revivogen is only for maintain not regrowth unlees you are very lucky to do that . but drug like propecia and proscar plus avodart it can help you to regrowth .

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Toyboy said:
Bryan you are obviously a shill for proctor.None of his products work.

lol

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
We all know propecia works well. Even the scariest estimates by people on here say 25% get side effects. With all the men out there going bald, why is so little propecia being sold? Minus the 25% I mean?

Where did you get your data on how much propecia is sold every year ?

Don't forget to add in all the people who use Proscar for hair loss.

25% get sides ? I see you have been drinking Mew's punch, lol

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
CCS said:

Where did you get your data on how much propecia is sold every year ?

Don't forget to add in all the people who use Proscar for hair loss.

25% get sides ? I see you have been drinking Mew's punch, lol

Well it's not 2% get sides like Merck said, it's effective treatment for hairloss but some users have to choice between libido and hair

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I think finasteride is making me depressed; I was on it from Jan-June of this year, and then got off it because I blamed it for making me depressed, but my doctor convinced me otherwise, and advised me to get back on it this month.

So I started taking it again a couple weeks ago, and I've become extremely depressed at times, dwelling upon bad thoughts, physical imperfections... I even became worried about this girl that that I was interested in and scared her off by flooding her inbox with texts about the future of our relationship... I have never done that before! Being depressed makes you do stupid things.

So, I'm debating on jumping off finasteride (haven't taken any in the past few days, and I haven't fell into that mood recently). It's a shame, because I'm only 21 and my crown is looking alot thin, and my temples are running for the hills.

I did take Saw Palmetto last year, but not long enough to notice any differences.

Does anyone have any success with SP? If so, in what dosages?

Currently, without propecia, my regimen is 600 mg of Biotin daily and Nizoral every third day, but I haven't been on a regimen long enough to know what works.