For People Who Transitioned From finasteride To dutasteride: How Is Your Hair?

NSix

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am buying dutasteride today and just wanted to both ask you all some questions.

1. How long were you on finasteride? How did you respond?

2. How did you transition from finasteride to dutasteride? For example, did you taper off finasteride while also taking dutasteride?

3. What is your dosage and how often do you take dutasteride?

Thanks!

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
what're your reasons for swapping to dutasteride? is finasteride not working?

NSix

Established Member
Reaction score
Norwood 2.5-3.

4 years on finasteride, losing ground.

Lost my left temporal peak over this summer. No idea why. Took Propecia 1 mg ED, not a generic.

Family history:
  • Dad is a NW6 now in his mid-60s.
    • He lost his hair slowly but at certain short time periods, would lose his hair rapidly in bursts.
  • Paternal uncle (dad's brother) is a NW3 with heavy recessed temporal corners but has retained temporal peaks.
  • Maternal grandfather was a NW3 in his 80s with diffuse thinning and no temporal peaks.
  • Maternal uncle is a NW6 but with diffuse loss on top (also has tons of health problems though: diabetes, rheumatic fever/open heart surgery, life-long smoker, high-stress job, etc.).

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Was on finasteride for close to a year, lost alot of ground, took dutasteride along with my finasteride for just over a month or so, just until i ran out of finasteride pretty much, i take 0.5mg in the morning have been doing so for 12 months now. Only sides i got were slightly lower libido and weaker orgasms, no mental sides.

Limbodo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not good. I'd taken finasteride for around a year with somewhat decent maintenance. After swapping to dutasteride, been nothing but shedding and miniaturisation.
I'm sitting at a nw1.5 now and beginning to thin in a diffuse pattern.

NSix

Established Member
Reaction score
Not good. I'd taken finasteride for around a year with somewhat decent maintenance. After swapping to dutasteride, been nothing but shedding and miniaturisation.
I'm sitting at a nw1.5 now and beginning to thin in a diffuse pattern.

whats your family history? age?

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to add a single dutasteride capsule to your daily Finasteride. That would be finasteride 7 x a week, and dutasteride 1x a week. Many have done this with good success.