For People Who Switched From Topical To Oral Minoxidil

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been thinking about adding oral for a little while now. Today I was just feeling fed up with topical treatments for various reasons, and I am honestly feeling serious about making a full blown switch to just oral. I would likely take 1.25mg 2x a day(due to the short half life of oral)

I am looking for input from people who were long term topical minoxidil users and switched over to oral. My questions are:

1) How long were you on topical before making the switch?

2) Did you switch cold turkey? (just drop topical and immediately start oral) Or did you overlap use of them for the transition?

3) Did you have any noticeable loss of gains you made from topical minoxidil that you lost during or after the switch? (this is my biggest concern)

4)What is your dosage?

5) Are you satisfied with your decision to switch to oral?

I am mostly concerned about losing ground in the transition period, as I have made meaningful minoxidil gains over the last 2 years on the big 3, and have come to a place in which I am relatively comfortable with the appearance of my hair. Even if I were to temporarily lose some noticeable ground it would be stressful

Thanks guys

Last edited:

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been thinking about adding oral for a little while now. Today I was just feeling fed up with topical treatments for various reasons, and I am honestly feeling serious about making a full blown switch to just oral. I would likely take 1.25mg 2x a day(due to the short half life of oral)

I am looking for input from people who were long term topical minoxidil users and switched over to oral. My questions are:

1) How long were you on topical before making the switch?

2) Did you switch cold turkey? (just drop topical and immediately start oral) Or did you overlap use of them for the transition?

3) Did you have any noticeable loss of gains you made from topical minoxidil that you lost during or after the switch? (this is my biggest concern)

4)What is your dosage?

5) Are you satisfied with your decision to switch to oral?

I am mostly concerned about losing ground in the transition period, as I have made meaningful minoxidil gains over the last 2 years on the big 3, and have come to a place in which I am relatively comfortable with the appearance of my hair. Even if I were to temporarily lose some noticeable ground it would be stressful

Thanks guys

1. 10% OD for 8 years
2. I did because I had developed Seb derm and couldn’t tolerate it.
3. All I have done for the last month is shed, shed, shed - terminals too. My body hair - arms and eye lashes, however, have responded very differently.
4. 5mg-10mg / day.
5. I like the idea that you can pop a pill instead of applying that awful solution

Did you make the switch?