For How Many People Here Finasteride Wasnt Effective? What Did You Do Next?

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you guys take finasteride and at what point you gave up and realized it does nothing?

What did you do next after finasteride?

Did your next treatment help you anyhow?

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Used it for about 6 months. It made my hair much worse. I quit and for about 3 months my hair was stable. I've been off of finasteride for a little over a year now and my hair has gone to hell. I'm about to try dutasteride and RU

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Used it for about 6 months. It made my hair much worse. I quit and for about 3 months my hair was stable. I've been off of finasteride for a little over a year now and my hair has gone to hell. I'm about to try dutasteride and RU
Have you tried minoxidil? Im thinking to try it out before jumpin on duta, cuz duta is already a step up, some serious sh*t that can have strong sides like brain fog and other sh*t

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
on finasteride for 7 month. Turned my hair to sh*t. Im still shedding at least 200 hair a day and lost all my density. I will continue until the 1 year mark.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On it for 15 months. Maintained/slowed recession. Hair still feels the same. Will continue to use without intervention until 24 month mark.

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried minoxidil? Im thinking to try it out before jumpin on duta, cuz duta is already a step up, some serious sh*t that can have strong sides like brain fog and other sh*t

I've used minoxidil for about 2 years. You may get some slight initial growth from it but its certainly not a hairloss cure. It's a pain in the *** and your hair becomes dependant on it, so if you quit it you'll lose lots of hair. I would stay away from it. It also bloats my face a lot.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used minoxidil for about 2 years. You may get some slight initial growth from it but its certainly not a hairloss cure. It's a pain in the *** and your hair becomes dependant on it, so if you quit it you'll lose lots of hair. I would stay away from it. It also bloats my face a lot.

Maybe try a natural diuretic like dandelion root and see if that helps with bloated face, doubt it's as strong as prescribed meds but might help a little maybe, as for hair becoming dependent on minoxidil that applies to pretty much every med you take for hair loss so i don't see why that's a problem.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is my shedding from 2 min touching my head. If you have the feeling finasteride makes it worse. stop immediately. I shed double the amount of this every day. If you're lucky finasteride can help otherwise it can make your hair disappear within a year

Attachments

• PHOTO-2020-08-12-11-48-34.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-08-12-11-48-34.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is my shedding from 2 min touching my head. If you have the feeling finasteride makes it worse. stop immediately. I shed double the amount of this every day. If you're lucky finasteride can held otherwise i can make you're hair disappear within a year
brother, you wont believe, but this is EXACTLY my situation, EXACTLY. I think we have same hairloss. Only difference is that my hairloss was the same before i started taking finasteride. finasteride basically didnt do sh*t for me at all. Im on it for more than a year and no results at all. And kinda scared to pull the triger on duta, cuz that sh*t hits hard.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, i cant imagine the hell of having to apply minoxidil 2 times a day every single f*****g day. Sound like a nightmare life. Its like you have sex with girlfriend and then you are like oh, yeah, brb, i forgot to get minoxidil into my hair. And also having to wake up early to put that sh*t into your hair before work and get it dry somehow. f*****g bullshit. Only other option is duta i guess.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
brother, you wont believe, but this is EXACTLY my situation, EXACTLY. I think we have same hairloss. Only difference is that my hairloss was the same before i started taking finasteride. finasteride basically didnt do sh*t for me at all. Im on it for more than a year and no results at all. And kinda scared to pull the triger on duta, cuz that sh*t hits hard.
sucks to hear that. Do you have current pics of your status ?

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think minoxidil and finasteride hurt my hair more than it helped it. The shedding is just unreal. I dont even know how I have any hair left on my head seeing as I've been shedding 200 hairs a day nonstop for a year and a half. I think I would be like a nw2 with strong hairline if I never touched anything. Now im like a diffuse nw3 with a bald spot on the crown. For whatever reason finasteride absolutely raped my crown within a few months

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't get how you barely read anything about finasteride destroying the hair. Im constantly shedding 300 hair a day since month 2 on finasteride and got two huge bald spots. One one the crown the other one in the middle of my head. People saying its normal just bullshitting. its not normal to shed hair for more than 6 month. Once shedding starts you're doomed to go bald. not much you can do

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered why there is no mention of this happening in any of the studies (with thousands of men participating). I'm sure it's rare, but given the fact that there's plenty of anecdotal reports you would at least expect a couple of test subjects to experience it. Maybe they're just classified as non-responders without further explanation?

Then again, it also seems almost everyone gets watery semen when on finasteride (harmless I guess) but that's rarely mentioned as well.