for diffuse thinners using minoxidil

bombscience

Reaction score
When you apply your minoxidil with a dropper do you...

a) run rows on your head with dropper and then let the minoxidil absorb without massaging
b) run rows on your head with dropper and then rub it in with your fingers
c) part your hair to expose the scalp on the balding areas, apply the minoxidil and let it sit without massaging
d) part your hair to expose the scalp on the balding areas, apply the minoxidil and then massage it in

Please let me know what method you use and if you have noticed any regrowth.

I'm wondering if when i massage my scalp more minoxidil ends up up on the remaining hair, or when I run rows on my hair and let it dry, if i dont get a good coverage.

Thanks...

Big_Billy

Reaction score
I usually apply it all over the scalp, then rub it in vigorously, for about 10 min., I have had some good regrowth with it.

G

bombscience said:

a) run rows on your head with dropper and then let the minoxidil absorb without massaging
c) part your hair to expose the scalp on the balding areas, apply the minoxidil and let it sit without massaging
d) part your hair to expose the scalp on the balding areas, apply the minoxidil and then massage it in

I'm wondering if when i massage my scalp more minoxidil ends up up on the remaining hair, or when I run rows on my hair and let it dry, if i dont get a good coverage.

Thanks...

More (b) but it depends on how short your hair is?

Mine is a number 2 all over. I rub 6ml all over the top.

Yes it gets on the hair too, as I havent got a "bald spot" it's just diffused like you mention.

I just rub it in, god knows if I'm effecting it by putting some on the hair in the process, but it's the only way I can do it.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Gunner said:
bombscience said:

Thanks...

Yes it gets on the hair too, as I havent got a "bald spot" it's just diffused like you mention.

I just rub it in, god knows if I'm effecting it by putting some on the hair in the process, but it's the only way I can do it.

6ML is far too much Minoxidil.

I do B bomb, and I have noticed a shed so it must be working.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I agree that 6 ML is way too much. After a certain point adding more and more minoxidil will not be beneficial. I think that 2ML should be plenty if you are diffuse. 2.5 tops. 6ML must take 12 hours to dry!

Anyways, I apply different ways. If I apply and rub into my entire head it gets on my hair and takes a substancial amount of time to dry also a lot of the sh*t gets on my hair and less on my scalp where it needs to be. For the most part I try to gently rub into the thinner areas and leave the rest alone.

I have noticed slight regrowth in the crown and slight regrowth in the very front and temples. I have a minefield of small white hairs on the right temple but none on the left... weird. Been on the big 3 + folligen for 3 months exactly.

G

Stinger122 said:
Gunner said:
bombscience said:

Thanks...

6ML is far too much Minoxidil.

I do B bomb, and I have noticed a shed so it must be working.

Do'h. Yeah, I meant 1ml twice daily.

Major typo.

Cassin

Reaction score
I am not a diffuse but..........

As far as rubbing it in goes, I rub it in with the dropper. For me anyways, this seems to greatly lesson the amount I get in my hair. I just lay the dropper flat and run it back and forth.

NilesTilden

Established Member
Reaction score
I do A, I've never been a rubber. I've been on it 11 months and been a very good responder with regrowth in front and thickening all over. I don't even use a full ml per application. I just use about 1/10ml in the dropper at a time so as not to use it all up before I cover every area.

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
bombscience said:

Thanks...

I do B. After that I put minoxidil on the most balding places again (temples and crown) and let it there without rubbing. Then I go through my wet hair with fingers and rub this mixox which is on fingers to above ears area and to the back area.

Karch

Reaction score
I first put the minoxidil in rows and concentrate on areas where i'm losing more hair, and I tend to rub the minoxidil in the areas where I noticed more thinning and loss of hair. The rest of the scalp i just let it soak in there.

The Fluke

Reaction score
i do B because it just feels right.

i wish A was the way to go as it gets less in your hair but i'm just not confident that its spreading to all the follicles.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
I normally brush my hair back and then do B, rubbing it in with my little fingers to minimize the amount I get on my hair.