for anyone using both minoxidil and copper peptides

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For anyone using both of these, which do you apply first? I've heard your supposed to apply copper peptides first then minoxidil but i've also heard the other way around . I'm on tricomin 1x daily right now and want to add minoxidil 1x daily as well. Which would be best to apply first? Thanks.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I always do Copper Peptides first, wait 5 to 10 minutes and then apply minoxidil.

Risugo

Established Member
Reaction score
Cp first (HS solution) 1 hour later minoxidil 5% and HS Cream (only for the hairline).

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
I do and have been great results but i do it tho other way around
i emailed dr.lee a while back and he said apply the minoxidil 1st then the copper peptides (i use tricomin) like 15 minutes later

and no i dont have the email to show u or even pics of my growth
sry

but think about y would u want to not but the main growth stimulant on 1st?
copper peptides make vellus hair stronger mostly

aladdin

Reaction score
You can view it in two different ways, depending on how you approach it:

1) If I apply product A before product B, I will increase product A's absortion since I will be putting it onto a clean scalp with no existing layer (of another product) to compete with for transdermal entry. So I apply first the product that I consider more important.

2) If I apply product A before product B, I will decrease product A's absortion since I will be washing product A off my scalp when I apply product B over it, thus rendering it less effective. So I apply first the product that I consider less important.

I wouldn't know which one is correct or if both is correct. I believe that timing is probably a key variable in order to assess the situation accurately. Applying one product and waiting an hour before applying the next would probably be the safest approach. Intuition tells me that it would be good to allow the first product to dry before applying the next if you want to err on the side of caution.

rcom440

Reaction score
aladdin said:
1) If I apply product A before product B, I will increase product A's absortion since I will be putting it onto a clean scalp with no existing layer (of another product) to compete with for transdermal entry. So I apply first the product that I consider more important.

2) If I apply product A before product B, I will decrease product A's absortion since I will be washing product A off my scalp when I apply product B over it, thus rendering it less effective. So I apply first the product that I consider less important.

This is nonsense.

aladdin

Reaction score
rcom440 said:
aladdin said:

This is nonsense.

And this (i.e. your reply) is ad hominem.

The fact that you don't understand it doesn't mean that it makes no sense.

rcom440

Reaction score
It's self explanatory.

Here is little correction to that post:

1) If you apply "product A before product B", it will NOT increase product A's absorption just because product A was applied onto a clean scalp.

2) If you apply product A before product B, it will NOT decrease product's A absorbtion since it will be washing product A off your scalp.

I don't know where did you get that info about washing things away with other solution or better absorption when solution is applied on a clean skin.
Or perhaps this is just your theory?

ANT1862

Reaction score
DAMN....who's the girl??....shes smokin!
arison said:
I do and have been great results but i do it tho other way around
i emailed dr.lee a while back and he said apply the minoxidil 1st then the copper peptides (i use tricomin) like 15 minutes later

and no i dont have the email to show u or even pics of my growth
sry

but think about y would u want to not but the main growth stimulant on 1st?
copper peptides make vellus hair stronger mostly

aladdin

Reaction score
rcom440 said:
I don't know where did you get that info about washing things away with other solution or better absorption when solution is applied on a clean skin.
Or perhaps this is just your theory?

Yes, it was just a hypothesis. I was just guessing what might happen in a situation or the other. In 1) I tried to give a reason why applying first the product you care about most might be benefitial. In 2) I tried to give a reason from the opposite perspective (i.e. why it might be benefitial applying it afterwards). As you say, I made these statements with no science to back them up, since with these kind of issues we are almost always left wondering what might happen. I probably should have made it more explicit that I was just guessing and little else.