For Anybody Thinking About Finasteride Results- Baseline To Current Pics

Top % of my result?

• Total voters

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I think a lot of older guys always used the merk brand finasteride, so they have a mental affinity towards it, and don't want to break the precedent. I couldn't imagine "real" propecia giving me better results than what I have now. Same with minoxidil.

If my hairline was really pushed back I'd be more for having a transplant in the next year or so. But it is O-K, and if it gets a little more dense, it gives the illusion of being lower as well. I have a feeling if I don;t get much more headway, I may get a slight lowering, like 1/8 of an inch, and some thickening of the area as well. We shall see. Both Joe n Spence don't think I need one, and I would tend to agree. But you never know how you feel after the results I've attained wain as far as my satisfaction is concerned. Just like anything else.
The average person will think you don't have a hair problem due to way you style your hair. I can see why you were told you don't need one at this point. I was told the same thing by anyone I consult with. I honestly don't think lowering my hairline slightly will make a huge impact on my life. If it gets worse, I might consider one in the future.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The average person will think you don't have a hair problem due to way you style your hair. I can see why you were told you don't need one at this point. I was told the same thing by anyone I consult with. I honestly don't think lowering my hairline slightly will make a huge impact on my life. If it gets worse, I might consider one in the future.
Actually the way I style my hair is worst for it. I'm thinnest at the front w a high-ish hairline, so it's certainly not doing me any favors. But it's whatever, tired of wearing it styled to play cover up.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I haven't updated this in a long time, and here's some pictures I took just now. Been on finasteride for 22 months now. I'd say progress has all but halted. I think I got a bit more since my last photo update, and at this point even with my hair longer it still looks pretty decent for the most part. I really don't have to put dermatch in anymore, although I usually put just a bit on the hair line hairs, but try to avoid the skin. I use so little, that my original campact still has 90% of it, despite it being nearly two years old and I used a lot more in the beginning.

My hairs length is right at my traps n just at my shoulders. I think it looks pretty good. I haven't cut it since Nov '19. Not going to for the foreseeable future. If I'm going out, I'll put some stuff in to puff it up a bit n give it some body- the bigger the f*****g better.

Speaking of going out, I get comments from girls, like 22, 25, 35 yrs old, doesn't matter, that "I love your hair!". It's a nice added bonus to something I haven't had in twenty years. Anyways, what everybody thinks might happen if they had hair has happened. So it's been a net positive for sure.

Still no sides for finasteride in nearly two years. Dick works just like always. No fog or whatever. Nothing. Min by itself, and maybe ultimately, did nothing at all. I still apply it once a day, and honestly, it's mainly because it gives my hair a nice full look when it dries and is teased out. Outside of that, I would've completely weened off by now.

1st pic you can see in bright natural light the hairline isn't thick by any means, and this is just out of the shower w nothing in it. Doesn't really bother me.

2nd pic is 5 seconds later w just a step back into neutral lighting, and it looks fine.

3rd n 4th are neutral and just showing the sides.

Overall it looks decent, especially for an old man like myself. Hairline's a little suspect in natural bright lighting, but outside of that, it looks pretty good and I'm in no rush to get a transplant. I just don't care enough. I think it passes above the minimum bar for personal acceptance.

Any questions ask

Attachments

• IMG_20210621_170435192.jpg
    IMG_20210621_170435192.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_20210621_170617600.jpg
    IMG_20210621_170617600.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_20210621_170843646.jpg
    IMG_20210621_170843646.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20210621_171020461.jpg
    IMG_20210621_171020461.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good. Glad your happy, ultimately that's all that matters. Peace of mind
That's the biggest thing. It was something that nagged at me that shouldn't have mattered one way or the other. I kept putting it off and giving it a shot was really all I wanted to do. And luckily enough for me it worked fairly well. If it hadn't, the razor was on stand by.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I haven't updated this in a long time, and here's some pictures I took just now. Been on finasteride for 22 months now. I'd say progress has all but halted. I think I got a bit more since my last photo update, and at this point even with my hair longer it still looks pretty decent for the most part. I really don't have to put dermatch in anymore, although I usually put just a bit on the hair line hairs, but try to avoid the skin. I use so little, that my original campact still has 90% of it, despite it being nearly two years old and I used a lot more in the beginning.

My hairs length is right at my traps n just at my shoulders. I think it looks pretty good. I haven't cut it since Nov '19. Not going to for the foreseeable future. If I'm going out, I'll put some stuff in to puff it up a bit n give it some body- the bigger the f*****g better.

Speaking of going out, I get comments from girls, like 22, 25, 35 yrs old, doesn't matter, that "I love your hair!". It's a nice added bonus to something I haven't had in twenty years. Anyways, what everybody thinks might happen if they had hair has happened. So it's been a net positive for sure.

Still no sides for finasteride in nearly two years. Dick works just like always. No fog or whatever. Nothing. Min by itself, and maybe ultimately, did nothing at all. I still apply it once a day, and honestly, it's mainly because it gives my hair a nice full look when it dries and is teased out. Outside of that, I would've completely weened off by now.

1st pic you can see in bright natural light the hairline isn't thick by any means, and this is just out of the shower w nothing in it. Doesn't really bother me.

2nd pic is 5 seconds later w just a step back into neutral lighting, and it looks fine.

3rd n 4th are neutral and just showing the sides.

Overall it looks decent, especially for an old man like myself. Hairline's a little suspect in natural bright lighting, but outside of that, it looks pretty good and I'm in no rush to get a transplant. I just don't care enough. I think it passes above the minimum bar for personal acceptance.

Any questions ask
Are you sure its not minoxidil, also are you using 1mg brand propeica or generic?
Same for min which brand?

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure its not minoxidil, also are you using 1mg brand propeica or generic?
Same for min which brand?
I was on min, costco brand for 2 and a half years with no regrowth. It may have slowed it, maybe.

Then I got on finasteride, also costco (ascend) brand, and within 2 and half months I noticed a big difference, as logged in this thread.

Now, could there be a synergistic response. Maybe. I still take min once a day, in between 1 and 2 mg at a time. but I wouldn't bet very much on it.

Last edited: