For all revita/alpicen users out there.. interesting

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
Caffeine is being used as an ingredient in some hair loss shampoos. The reason for this is that an in-vitro study was done where follicles were treated with a caffeine solution and it was found that caffeine blocks the effects of a DHT, the hormone that causes Male Pattern Baldness and damages the hair follicles

Dr Fischer, who conducted the first trial, took scalp biopsies from 14 men in the early stages of hair loss. He extracted the hair follicles and then placed them in test tubes with solutions containing different levels of caffeine. The follicles that were being treated with caffeine saw their average growth increase by around 46 per cent and the life cycle of the hair extended by 37 per cent, when compared to the control group.

This study prompted some manufacturers to add caffeine to their hair loss products.

In this study, researchers in Germany wanted to see if topically applied caffeine could be delivered to the follicle when being part of a shampoo.

According to their study they were able to prove that after 2 minutes of shampooing, the caffeine in the shampoo was able to penetrate into the scalp via the hair follicles and stratum corneum (the outermost layer of the skin).

This proves that shampoo is an effective delivery vehicle for caffeine, provided that it’s left on the scalp for 2 minutes or more.

--- boiled coffe grounds massaged in topicly anyone???? think that would work?

Format

Reaction score
BH 90 NWtwo 10 said:
Dr Fischer, who conducted the first trial, took scalp biopsies from 14 men in the early stages of hair loss. He extracted the hair follicles and then placed them in test tubes with solutions containing different levels of caffeine. The follicles that were being treated with caffeine saw their average growth increase by around 46 per cent and the life cycle of the hair extended by 37 per cent, when compared to the control group.

The hair grew after it was extracted? Is that possible?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
is it possible to buy caffeine and mix it with something like baby shampoo? would it be able to penetrate the skin?

yes. people have been doing that for a long time. 1 - 2 teaspoons per 8 oz shampoo

I added caffeine to organic ACV and rubbed that into my scalp before shampooing. I pretty much dropped that since I've been using Revita.

http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=748

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
where can you even buy "caffine" ? what does it look like, what form does it come in?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
BH 90 NWtwo 10 said:
where can you even buy "caffine" ? what does it look like, what form does it come in?

see my link to bulk nutrition in the post above. you can buy it in pills and caps, but this stuff is a powder - the best for adding to shampoos to other liquids.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
just out of curiousity, what exactly would be the carrier for the caffine...I mean if i mixed in in baby shampoo how is it supposed to penetrate my scalp?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
just out of curiousity, what exactly would be the carrier for the caffine...I mean if i mixed in in baby shampoo how is it supposed to penetrate my scalp?

caffeine is water soluble (sp?). It dissolves & mixes well w/ any liquid.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":f8cf5]just out of curiousity, what exactly would be the carrier for the caffine...I mean if i mixed in in baby shampoo how is it supposed to penetrate my scalp?

caffeine is water soluble (sp?). It dissolves & mixes well w/ any liquid.[/quote:f8cf5]

r u saying that if i just mixed it with plain old water and put it on my head for a couple minutes it would penetrate my scalp?

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
[quote="hair_tomorrow":e2b98][quote="hair today gone tomorrow":e2b98]just out of curiousity, what exactly would be the carrier for the caffine...I mean if i mixed in in baby shampoo how is it supposed to penetrate my scalp?

caffeine is water soluble (sp?). It dissolves & mixes well w/ any liquid.[/quote:e2b98]

r u saying that if i just mixed it with plain old water and put it on my head for a couple minutes it would penetrate my scalp?[/quote:e2b98]

That is bull$hit. Do you think really think shampoo and water absorbs into your head? Skin is designed to repel water, you have to have some kind of carrier to get the ingredient where it is needed.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
The "standard" shampoo will be the carrier then ? 8)

This study from Germany, did anyone have a link to it?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Whyatt said:
The "standard" shampoo will be the carrier then ? 8)

This study from Germany, did anyone have a link to it?

I think Alpecin's web site has it available.