For A Picture :(

rexd

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just not sure what to go with-a hair piece or a wig...I need to have a picture taken, I have the kind of hair with the scalp showing in a circle pattern on top. My hairline in decently far back/receded. If I cut my hair real short, would there be a place to find a wig that would allow for the see thru scalp to not be so visible, and not make my hair line look so fake? In other words, a wig that the hair isn't too thick and the hair line comes down too far. I would like it to give the impression that I have hair, except it is decently thin but not absolutely see thru on top, and the hair line is still receded somewhat. Is there a such thing as a short wig that won't look fake and obvious? If you have any recommendations as to what type/style exactly or who to contact, let me know. Thanks

Rex

Noah

Reaction score
Rex

To try to answer your questions:

Hairpiece or wig: You should use as much of your natural hair as you can, so if you have decent sides and back hair, you should just buy a hairpiece which fills in the weak top. Full wigs are more difficult to fit and more difficult to achieve a natural look with, especially at the back of the neck. You usually have to have a longish shaggy style.

Can you get a hairpiece that makes you look like you are receding and thinning?: Yes, you can get a hairpiece made in any shape you want, and it is a very good idea to design it with a realistic degree of recession. You can also have one made in pretty much any density you want, and again, the best and most realistic hairpieces tend to have lower density. Think of the pieces worn by Bing Crosby for example. The only limiting factor is that at very low densities you may not be able to use tape to attach the piece, because the shine of the tape is too visible through the piece. You would have to use glue instead.

Attached are a few examples from the Coolpiece website [attachment=0:19f1deoa]melonaid 3.jpg[/attachment:19f1deoa]of a hairpiece worn by a guy who posts on another forum by the name of Melonaid. In reality he is slick bald on top. A very realistic look, I think you would agree.

Attachments

• melonaid 1.jpg
    melonaid 1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,922
  • melonaid 2.jpg
    melonaid 2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,943
  • melonaid 3.jpg
    melonaid 3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,910

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you can have a natural look even with a full wig!

Attachments

• php4AfYJZAM.jpg
    php4AfYJZAM.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 315
  • phpOCfQcqAM.jpg
    phpOCfQcqAM.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 325

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Rex

To try to answer your questions:

Hairpiece or wig: You should use as much of your natural hair as you can, so if you have decent sides and back hair, you should just buy a hairpiece which fills in the weak top. Full wigs are more difficult to fit and more difficult to achieve a natural look with, especially at the back of the neck. You usually have to have a longish shaggy style.

Can you get a hairpiece that makes you look like you are receding and thinning?: Yes, you can get a hairpiece made in any shape you want, and it is a very good idea to design it with a realistic degree of recession. You can also have one made in pretty much any density you want, and again, the best and most realistic hairpieces tend to have lower density. Think of the pieces worn by Bing Crosby for example. The only limiting factor is that at very low densities you may not be able to use tape to attach the piece, because the shine of the tape is too visible through the piece. You would have to use glue instead.

Attached are a few examples from the Coolpiece website [attachment=0:19f1deoa]melonaid 3.jpg[/attachment:19f1deoa]of a hairpiece worn by a guy who posts on another forum by the name of Melonaid. In reality he is slick bald on top. A very realistic look, I think you would agree.
I saw an interview with bing crosby recently I was amazed at his piece, it was flawless. The I read that he only wore a crown piece but that doesn't seem true as there are many pictures of him with very little hair on his hairline. Incredible that all that time ago you still could get a flawless look. Of course I'm sure he had the best and make up artists to make it look so good but still..impressive.