Foolproof way to attach with liquid adhesive?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I took off my poly system because it was too tight on my scalp and I had a lift. I want to put it back on with some Ghost bond. I am sticking with Ghost Bond to start because of the ingredients and all. I know the instructions about putting a thin coat on the system and 4 coats on the scalp but mainly I am wondering how I handle the positioning etc. I'll draw on my hairline with some Dermmatch but if I put it down and it's too far forward or back or off to the side, is it game over and do I have to apply C22, clean the system and do the whole thing again the next day? You have to wait 7 minutes for the 4 layers of Ghost Bond to go clear and be ready. If I put the system on before the 7 minutes, will I be able to adjust and all before the adhesive is strong?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took off my poly system because it was too tight on my scalp and I had a lift. I want to put it back on with some Ghost bond. I am sticking with Ghost Bond to start because of the ingredients and all. I know the instructions about putting a thin coat on the system and 4 coats on the scalp but mainly I am wondering how I handle the positioning etc. I'll draw on my hairline with some Dermmatch but if I put it down and it's too far forward or back or off to the side, is it game over and do I have to apply C22, clean the system and do the whole thing again the next day? You have to wait 7 minutes for the 4 layers of Ghost Bond to go clear and be ready. If I put the system on before the 7 minutes, will I be able to adjust and all before the adhesive is strong?
Layers of ghostbond is for lace to sink in, and disappear. They are not needed with poly.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't usually do a full removal/refit - instead I do half/half so that the positioning isn't ever lost.

Occasionally I will want to remove completely. When refitting in this situation, I place the UTS on my head and get the position correct (note that it will never be in 100% same position anyway) and then flip the back half up and bond that down, then I do the front half. I never draw with a pen, just don't see the point.

I only use one or 2 coats. The hold is around 10 days and clean up is so much easier.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't usually do a full removal/refit - instead I do half/half so that the positioning isn't ever lost.

Occasionally I will want to remove completely. When refitting in this situation, I place the UTS on my head and get the position correct (note that it will never be in 100% same position anyway) and then flip the back half up and bond that down, then I do the front half. I never draw with a pen, just don't see the point.

I only use one or 2 coats. The hold is around 10 days and clean up is so much easier.
Interesting. I will give it a try next time.