Foods that help/hurt hair loss?

Likewise

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Completely agree. No food will help if you have too much stress. When you have too many things on your shoulders you need to find a way to delegate or solve them as soon as possible. That is exactly what i did , when i found dissertation services UK https://ukwritings.com/dissertatiоn-services. Why would i waste my time on something i hate doing if i can do things which i am good at and which are great for me?

Last edited:

DanzlCarry

My Regimen
Reaction score
Totally get your hair game concerns, my friend! Well, I suppose diet and lifestyle somehow affect the hair loss.

IsacCornish

My Regimen
Reaction score
When it comes to locks, what you put in your body matters. Foods rich in biotin, like eggs and nuts, are your hair's BFFs. Plus, chow down on spinach and salmon for those omega-3s.

Now, the no-gos? Sayonara to super greasy fast food can mess with your scalp. And ease up on the sugary stuff. Too much ain't doing your hair any favors.

If you're still on the hunt for info, I've got a suggestion. Consider checking out Releaf for a cannabis card. I got mine from them, and it's been a game-changer. Check 'em out at https://releaf.co.uk/medical-cannabis-card if you're curious.

Last edited:

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While there isn't one magic food that guarantees hair growth or prevents hair loss completely, certain dietary choices can support healthy hair and potentially minimize hair loss. Here's a breakdown of foods that might be helpful and those to approach with caution:

Foods that might promote hair health:
  • Protein: Hair follicles are primarily made of protein, so ensuring adequate protein intake is crucial. Include lean meats, fish, eggs, beans, lentils, nuts, and seeds in your diet.
  • Iron: Deficiency can contribute to hair loss. Good iron sources include red meat, poultry, fish, dark leafy greens, lentils, and fortified cereals.
  • Zinc: Plays a role in hair growth and cell division. Include oysters, red meat, poultry, beans, nuts, and seeds in your diet.
  • Biotin: Supports hair growth and metabolism. Eat eggs, avocado, sweet potato, mushrooms, and almonds.
  • Vitamin D: Deficiency can be linked to hair loss. Include fatty fish, eggs, mushrooms, and fortified milk.
  • Omega-3 fatty acids: Support scalp health and inflammation. Opt for fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, and sardines.
  • Antioxidants: May protect hair follicles from damage caused by free radicals. Eat fruits, vegetables, and nuts rich in antioxidants.

Foods to approach with caution:
  • Excessive processed foods: High in unhealthy fats, sugar, and refined carbohydrates, which can contribute to inflammation and potentially impact hair health.
  • Excessive sugar: This can contribute to inflammation and hormonal imbalances, potentially affecting hair growth.
  • Crash diets: Restricting calories and essential nutrients can negatively impact hair health.
  • Foods you're intolerant to: If you have food intolerances, they can trigger inflammation and potentially impact hair health.

Remember:
  • Individual needs: What works for one person might not work for another. Consult a doctor or registered dietitian for personalized advice based on your specific needs and any underlying health conditions.
  • Holistic approach: While diet plays a role, hair health is influenced by various factors like genetics, stress, and medical conditions. Address these factors for optimal hair health.
  • Consistency is key: Incorporating these dietary recommendations consistently is crucial for potential benefits.

By focusing on a balanced diet rich in essential nutrients and limiting processed foods, you can create a foundation for healthy hair growth and potentially minimize hair loss. Remember, consulting a healthcare professional for personalized guidance is always best.

Michael Harrop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on microbiome research, it will likely vary from person to person due to each person's unique gut microbiome. So the best way to figure it out for yourself would be to try an elimination diet. You'd have to be very particular, and keep a detailed food & symptom diary.