Foods, quercetin, PGD2, and saving miniaturizing hair

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All

So just some lazy reading this morning has me wondering out loud fwiw... Firstly I'm wondering how many people consume foods specifically to naturally inhibit DHT (I know their effects would all likely pale with finasteride, etc.), and or consume foods specifically to decrease PGD2? They say you "are what you eat" and it is true.

I came across a study regarding coffee and Androgenetic Alopecia, regarding PGD2, PGE2, and others, and it seems that in some it increases PGD2 while in others it does the opposite- but having trouble finding it now. I generally drink strong coffee, but used to drink more green tea and am thinking of switching.

Also reading about quercetin and its effects on PGD2. What do people think about injectable, or at least liquid quercetin as a topical? It has a relatively short half life but could it potentially be effective with needling?

Something on quercetin here: https://www.hairscience.com/green-tea-hair/

Also another random tidbit. I was listening to Joe Rogan interview Hamilton Morris a month or two ago and Morris mentioned a website where someone, at some expense to themselves I think, made a site where essentially any scientific journal could be accessed for free. I went back through he interview for a while and couldn't find the time stamp- did anyone listen to that? Because Ive seen several people posting abstracts lately for want of the entire papers.

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe of some interest?:

2016 Feb 26.

'Sulforaphane promotes murine hair growth by accelerating the degradation of dihydrotestosterone'​

2018 Jul 26.

'Supplementation of the Diet by Exogenous Myrosinase via Mustard Seeds to Increase the Bioavailability of Sulforaphane in Healthy Human Subjects after the Consumption of Cooked Broccoli'​

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Time to do mustard hair masks? Sulphoraphane is created when broccoli is crushed or chopped up, so maybe blending it with water and mustard seeds would be the ticket.

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
Quercetin inhibits PGD2 by inhibiting COX2, which is needed for PGE2 (necessary for hair growth):

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
All theses stuff was tried during years....they are sh*t and to nothing.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Time to do mustard hair masks? Sulphoraphane is created when broccoli is crushed or chopped up, so maybe blending it with water and mustard seeds would be the ticket.
A hair mask sounds good,, I’ll add silken tofu as well.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
I buy bottles of quercetin, use a mortar and pestle to grind into powder, add milk of magnesia, mix into a viscous paste, use as lube to aggressively masturbate for maximum absorption, and then drench the sloppy mess with topical dutasteride as a chaser. Will report back with results.