Follow Up on LISTERINE for dandruff

need_hair04

Reaction score
Well I tried using Listerine for about 2 weeks since my last post and to tell you the truth it was only minimally effective, the main problem was that it never really stopped the formation of excessive sebum like I expected it to do, so basically I scraped it because it was ineffective overall and I DONT recommend using it since the menthol and alcohol contained in Listerine irritate the scalp and tend to dry it out more and more!!

As for my dandruff problem I went and bought some good conditioner called AUSSIE MOIST CONDITIONER (HYDRA).... this stuff is AMAZING, my scalp feels itch free and dandruff is mostly gone now with MUCH less shedding overall. This makes sense to me now since I used MANY medicated shampoos and all they did was dry out my scalp and make my problem worse. All I use now is NIZORAL twice a week and I'm good... so far its only getting better hopefully it'll stay this way!

By the way does anyone happen to have any other heavy moisterizing conditioners that they recommend?? any recommedations would be appreciated!

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
By the way does anyone happen to have any other heavy moisterizing conditioners that they recommend?? any recommedations would be appreciated!

Yes. Get "in the thick of it" Weightless Rinse (conditioner) by Freeman. Not sure if it's still widely available, though. I bought mine at Big Lots (a closeout store in the US) really cheap. This stuff really moistens the scalp. It's kind of hard to rinse out, which I suppose is a sign of a good conditioner. Check it out if you can.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Good to hear...I've been pushin for people to use a good daily conditioner. I feel it's made a world of difference in the health of my hair and scalp. This is the second post today that I've read that conditioner is helping with dry irritated scalp. Cool

BHD