Follow My Major Hair Transplant Repair

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently put together a slide show of my repair with Dr. ******** that involved 4 very small procedures over 5 years. Photobucket changed it's policy so my pictures can no longer be viewed on hairlosshelp and this was the alternative. Maybe some repair patients might find it helpful so I'm posting it here. I had approximately 1000 grafts taken from my face over all those procedures plus chest and a limited amount of head hair.

The video shows what is possible. It can never be perfect because the procedure itself is not perfect and the numbers are so limited once one understands it all. The limitations apply long term so guys that sign up for the short term with all the available information from sources like me will eventually run out of hair if the procedure was not planned properly and that usually involves front loading hairlines or starting at crowns.

I strongly advise most to stay away from the procedure unless they throughly understand the numbers and those numbers are very limited regardless of what some clinics seem to be promising. Something like 25% of your hair back long term for most with major hair loss over time and that is not a big number so it has to be done ethically.

There are only a handful of doctors that have a very, very large bodies of work that span years in my opinion. The marketers are constantly working the online viewers and if you are desperate enough you will take the hook. Understand the numbers and see a few dozen hair transplants in person.

For those that are repair patients your situation might have hope but it has to be done ethically with very low numbers over a long period of time in my opinion.

I have been observing this industry for 32 years now including 18 years online. I understand how the marketers operate and if you want to listen to them that's your choice. When a patient sits in my house and the marketers then decide they better give him all his money back and that's all it took then that's a sign. It's telling you something. If you are going to listen to these online posters then meet up with them in their home. Find out who they are and where the live and you are welcome to do the same with me.

My story can be viewed at

http://hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=87417

Short version

Last edited:

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ForeverLacey thank you.

Well the hairline was what was left of the transplanted hair but one then needs to ask what happened to the rest of it? We are talking close to 15 procedures I lost count and approaching a cost of 6 figures over 32 years. At one point I was working 78 hours a week. Was all the hair that was transplanted over the years lost to DHT too? Many of the original plugs that destroyed my hairline at 23 were slowly all transected by doctors placing more and more mini/micro grafts in the same area. A blessing and a curse I suppose. The plugs slowly faded but how much hair was wasted? Too many guys out there practicing even today. I now understand it all much better so I then ask myself why would these guys do this and the only answer I can come up with is they really didn’t care just making money. Everyone works differently. When I work everything has to be done to the best of my ability and it absolutely has to be done ethically. I don’t cut corners because I would not be able to sleep others don’t have that problem. Just because someone has a medical license doesn’t mean that they are going to act like a man. Many of the hair transplant doctors and the majority of the marketers are complete douche bags and a douche bag is a douche bag regardless of having some type of license to practice something. At least that has been my observation.

The hardest thing to do in hair transplantation is to work with a patient like me. How do you fix this and why should anyone even try. Why risk your reputation and any blowback from a repair patient. You have to be very confident in your abilities and absolutely highly skilled. If I would have gotten zero growth I would have been fine with it because it’s not the doctor’s fault at this point but I gotten something completely different even my wife was shocked. At one point she kept staring at my hair trying to figure out how it was even possible to have it grow back.

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I recently put together a slide show of my repair with Dr. ******** that involved 4 very small procedures over 5 years. Photobucket changed it's policy so my pictures can no longer be viewed on hairlosshelp and this was the alternative. Maybe some repair patients might find it helpful so I'm posting it here. I had approximately 1000 grafts taken from my face over all those procedures plus chest and a limited amount of head hair.

The video shows what is possible. It can never be perfect because the procedure itself is not perfect and the numbers are so limited once one understands it all. The limitations apply long term so guys that sign up for the short term with all the available information from sources like me will eventually run out of hair if the procedure was not planned properly and that usually involves front loading hairlines or starting at crowns.

I strongly advise most to stay away from the procedure unless they throughly understand the numbers and those numbers are very limited regardless of what some clinics seem to be promising. Something like 25% of your hair back long term for most with major hair loss over time and that is not a big number so it has to be done ethically.

There are only a handful of doctors that have a very, very large bodies of work that span years in my opinion. The marketers are constantly working the online viewers and if you are desperate enough you will take the hook. Understand the numbers and see a few dozen hair transplants in person.

For those that are repair patients your situation might have hope but it has to be done ethically with very low numbers over a long period of time in my opinion.

I have been observing this industry for 32 years now including 18 years online. I understand how the marketers operate and if you want to listen to them that's your choice. When a patient sits in my house and the marketers then decide they better give him all his money back and that's all it took then that's a sign. It's telling you something. If you are going to listen to these online posters then meet up with them in their home. Find out who they are and where the live and you are welcome to do the same with me.

Now I understand why you have always been on a crusade to make sure no one makes the same mistake you did.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Great result topcat! I'm glad you had lots of pics to show for it too.

Mid way through the video I noticed you had gotten like a taper fade on the sides and I couldn't find your scar. I think I saw it after about a minute but I wasn't even sure if it was your scar or just the light reflecting from your scalp. Did you address your scars as well? Or was that just a clever haircut?

Also when you said the plugs were gone in your comment, was the pitting from the plugs resolved as well or could you still see it in the mirror?

Thanks for sharing this as you already know my situation this really helps a lot!

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now I understand why you have always been on a crusade to make sure no one makes the same mistake you did.

Yes when I see what the marketers are up to especially online I ask myself what the F is wrong with you. Why are you misleading young men and potentially destroying their lives. My life was not destroyed by the marketers I got past it and my life was better but the majority will not be so lucky. Real men do not do what these little slime bag marketers do so I don't have a problem pointing it out.

I worked in the night club scene for close to 30 years. I was surrounded by lots of women and good times. I'm very healthy at soon to be 55 and I can't say the same about my peers and that is a direct result of my encounter with a marketer/doctor 32 years ago.

Did you address your scars as well? Or was that just a clever haircut?

Also when you said the plugs were gone in your comment, was the pitting from the plugs resolved as well or could you still see it in the mirror?

Tano I was not able to address the scars as it would require too much donor. I could go back I suppose but this is good enough plus the marketers are looking for any opportunity to somehow tie my monthly updates on a consistent basis over the course of five years with some type of promotion on my part. They couldn't understand someone honestly being excited and that person being discipline enough to consistently update. It not only helped me but it helped others. It keeps everyone honest because I'm not simply updating after 12 months providing everything has gone well. Instead you see it all in real time with nothing to hide.

Marketers then tried to turn things around and attack me and that is another red flag which I write about it. I didn't understand it at first but my updates must have been bugging the crap out them and I didn't even know it at first. They don't want someone working too hard and being too honest it's bad for their business. But I have always had that issue of working too hard............others that don't want to put in the same effort don't like it. Just like the doctors that were not putting in the effort with FUE 10-20 years ago. Just let the marketers downplay it and give the young men what makes us money. Who were those little a**holes? What were they saying and why?

I shaved the sides because it gives the illusion of more hair up on top and I wanted to show that I didn't have any visible scarring from the fue. On my 4th procedure I walked through the airport with no hat and the sides shaved just after having a procedure a few days earlier and it didn't get any second looks.

Yes I still have some cobblestoning and rimming at the hairline but the light has to be just right and if one can use a matte type of skin cream the reflection of light is reduced helping to conceal it. I look very normal as far as the hair goes and in reality no one really cares. It's all in our own minds and once you can get past that then you are free. But of course if you allow one of these marketers to mislead you and you now end up with something that looks disfigured in the mirror for most getting it out of your head becomes a very big issue.

Many of these marketers are now talking ethics but if one were to observe over time then they are simply words being put out there. What did they do as observed over years? No one gives a crap about what they are saying today. What did you do? What actions were they taking? They say what the have to say when it's needed not because it's the right thing but because they have no choice.

Last edited:

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to go down the same route as Aztec probably and then just move on with life. If I can achieve his result then I'll be set to actually start progressing forward with my goals instead of just sitting around waiting for a cure

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn you've been butchered so much you may as well be a sirloin steak.

The industry has vastly improved since your era however, close to natural results are the norm these days from most top surgeons.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The industry has vastly improved since your era however, close to natural results are the norm these days from most top surgeons.

I would probably disagree somewhat. It doesn't explain the hundreds and hundreds of experiences that are recent and with top clinics. These are only the ones we know about.

Yes highly skilled doctors are available but the number is very, very few and the procedure is very, very limited.

Recent example below:

I have never once been on medication for any psychological condition. Never been clinically depressed. I would deem myself mentally rock solid prior to this FUE hair transplant ! But seriously this FUE hair transplant has brought me to my f*ing knees mentally! I've never experienced anything that has shaken me like this.

I'm ashamed to admit but in my darkest hours I've even grappled with ridiculous notions of suicide. I know it's stupid, but I can't help the thoughts that pop into my head. What can say other than that since my hair transplant, I have become depressed. That's just the way it is right now for me.
I've never had such a demoralizing blow to my self imaging and right there on my face and forehead for the world to judge me!

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
The psychological trauma a bad hair transplant can cause is far worse then walking around with a balding head.

I can only imagine how it feels having gone through a hair transplant with good results but still becoming a reclusive emotional rekt

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
you know its a topcat post when

JAbDsgX.png