Folligen

Pal

Reaction score
Not sure whether to use Folligen or Tricomin..have heard that Folligen is a more improved product...however it is not as aaproved on this site as Tricomin???
Any suggestions

hairybastard

Reaction score
Folligen has actually stained my head a goldish color and it doesn't seem to be going away!! Anyone else had this?

whirlen

Reaction score
pal,

i use both folligen and tricomin. i can afford it, so i figure, why not? i use tricomin in the morning because it doesn't mess up my hair and then i use folligen at night. i have only been using folligen for about 3 weeks so i can't comment on its impact on my hairloss. many people at this site think folligen is the superior product over tricomin in terms of SOD treatment. folligen does have more SODs, this is a fact....but tricomin allegedly has a better delivery system for its SODs. so who knows? the best way to find out is to use both! i even used prox-n from dr. proctor for awhile.....i liked the product but tricomin and folligen are cheaper per use (i like to really use a lot of the topicals because i know a lot gets on my hair even with the dropper). if i could afford it i would be on tricomin/folligen/proxiphen but the latter is really expensive.....

hairybastard,

so far (3 weeks) i have not had this problem.

StoneCold316

Reaction score
whirlen:

Is it possibel to put too much Folligen/.Tricomin on your scalp? I use it once a day in the morning but I find that if I dont apply it at night after my other topicals (namely 5% spironolactone and minoxidil) that I wake up with an itchy scalp...most likely due to the spironolactone.

PolarBear

Reaction score
Hi!

I have recently ordered a Folligen lotion from Skin Biology, mostly due to their claims (and claims of some people on the forums too) that Folligen can enlarge follicule's diameter and thicken it. They say that results are usually obtained after 4 months or so.

Any comments, experiences? Thank you.

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm not a salesman, i'm not anyone special. in fact after 15 months of finasteride i havne't grown or maintained tha tmuch i think. however, folligen rules. it doesn't grow shiet i think. it doesn't maintain. but my hair does grow faster, the ones that haven't gotten thinner. my hair has always, since i was little taken ages to grow. now, its growing rapidly.

buy this product.

don't be a cheap *** like i was and beatch about adding another thing and all that shiet. its worth it even if it doesn't regrow or maintain. it makes if feel good and in my case, my hair seems to be shinier and longer.

PolarBear

Reaction score
RecedingBoy said:
don't be a cheap *** like i was and beatch about adding another thing and all that shiet. its worth it even if it doesn't regrow or maintain. it makes if feel good and in my case, my hair seems to be shinier and longer.

Thanks, RecedingBoy.

I don't have exactly that much money so I can buy everything on the market, but I think some good products are worth trying.

The trouble with my hair is that it is not receding, but overall thinning, especially from the middle of head to front. I look quite nice with hair buzzed down to 4mm (0,16"), but if I let my hair grow longer than 1 cm it really looks like sh*t, without Dermatch. And now, summer is coming to Europe... 8)

I use some topicals (natural herb extracts) which did a fine job in stoping my male pattern baldness (or at least slowed it to bare minimum, I don't know yet). So, I am satisfied at that point. But I need something to improve my thinning hair, and I will search till I find one, no matter how many years should I try. I'm considering finasteride as the last option I should pull out, minoxidil also - because of their side effects which scary me. I am only 22, and have been figthing this for 2 yrs.

The reason I ordered Folligen is only because I thought it could improve my thin hair to some thickness. My scalp was never iritated and always feels good with these herb topicals, but - that is not my aim. What's the use of scalp feeling good if your hair is poor? (OK, for minoxidil users that is maybe another story).

Thanks for replying and pardon my English... :wink:

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
no problem. I think Croatia probably gets pretty hot about this time. I'm 24. I understand your concerns about side effects and age, they are valid. i went thru the same thoughts and still go thru them.

i don't know if you use it already, but i think nizoral has made my hair shafts thicker. also look for volumizing shampoos or shampoos designed for thin hair on those days you don't use nizoral. Good luck

Follicle

Reaction score
Polar Bear-I want to be a believer in foligen but after four months-nothing positive with the lotion and spray. No improvement.

-pipo-

Reaction score
All,
Folligen is the best SOD product out there imo....Ive tried both Tric and folli, not together, and I can say that my scalp fell apart after 3 months on Tricomin, and is now 100% great after starting Folligen again...this is not coincidence bc I used Folligen before and got the same great results. You dont have to take my word for it, and maybe its not for everyone.
But to anyone who has evr had scalp irritation in general, OR from minoxidil, Folligen alleviates this completely for me. This in turn allows minoxidil to grow hair, and grow it fast...(bc less DHT intervention from Finast and spironolactone)

Folligen makes hair look like sh*t....so I use it at night.
I will be posting pics soon bc theyre so damn good...I can honestly say that a little more time and my "balding" problem is cured to the point that Im happy with my results to the point I would quit products if it werent for the "maintenence" problem.

Regimen:
AM shampoo----doesnt matter anymore, pick any, unless you have a specific problem that is specifically addressed by nizoral....otherwise, I USE NANO, LOREAL, TGEL, Or whatever's there...IMHO (which may be meaningless, shampoo is not a great savior)

am---minoxidil 5%
spironolactone cream after 20 minutes

Pop a quater proscar on way out the door

PM after gym shower----Folligen.....
1 hour later-----minoxidil+retin A

Before bed------Rinse off all that crap (at least 2-4 hours for the minoxidil to sit there, most advise at least 4 hrs, I go less than that often) Apply FNS-----note, FNS is temporary and be taken out if I dont find it to be benificial---so far its hard to tell.

Thats it......g' luck

PolarBear

Reaction score
RecedingBoy said:
no problem. I think Croatia probably gets pretty hot about this time. I'm 24. I understand your concerns about side effects and age, they are valid. i went thru the same thoughts and still go thru them.

i don't know if you use it already, but i think nizoral has made my hair shafts thicker. also look for volumizing shampoos or shampoos designed for thin hair on those days you don't use nizoral. Good luck

Yes, Croatia is very hot right now. Shaved head looks quite good on me, and no one even ask me why did I shave head. :)

Like you, I'm still going through the same thoughs like before 2 yrs *ALTHOUGH* it is much easier now - I think that this male pattern baldness cripples you on the one side and gives you strenght on the other. So, we should keep on fighting, that is the solution!

I have recently starded to use Nizoral 2% from netpharmacy.co.nz (pretty cheap) and my results are OK for now. It cleans scalp nicely and has a nice fragrance. I hope it will maybe stimulate some growth by the time because it is proved that in some cases it works as 2% minoxidil.

Good luck to you too, my fellow. I've seen your previous posts where you wrote that you didn't stop recession of your hairline. I hope you'll find something that works!

PolarBear

Reaction score
Follicle said:
Polar Bear-I want to be a believer in foligen but after four months-nothing positive with the lotion and spray. No improvement.

Who knows, maybe you need more time? Like finasteride: for some people it works within a few weeks maybe and for some maybe a year to catch the process.

People respond differently. But in my opinion, 6-8 months is a minimum to determine whether a products works for you or not, because of these 3-month cycles in telogen state that hair passes through.

rocky

Reaction score
Follicle said:

Dude, stick with it. Trust me on this...I gave up Folligen Therapy Spray for about 9 months to try Tricomin and some other products and I wish I hadn't. Now that I am back on it my hair is responding again and I can see and feel the difference it is making in my regimen. Give it 9 months consistent usage 4-7 nights per week...apply it with a dropper directly onto your scalp as you would with minoxidil. You may not be aware of the positive effects it is having on the condition of your scalp and hair, but I am confident that after 9 months usage, if you were to get off of it, within 3-6 months you would see a regression in the quality of your hair. Having said that, I would recommend that you supplement Folligen Therapy Spray with a more effective growth stimulator such as Dr. Lee's 5% minoxidil...my experience is that the two work together synergistically.

rocky

-pipo-

Reaction score
Right on Rocky.....I learned my sh*t from you...and its worked wonders...Cant stress the folligen enough bc you dont realize its benefits.....I used to give too much credit to Dr. Lee's formula of minoxidil for being responsible for my Propecia glycol allergy cure when it fact it was the folligen. People, Im not a rare case, I f you use Folligen, minoxidil and finast, youll get results....These 3 together are essential, whatever you add after is icing.
pipo

rocky

Reaction score
Pipo: I'm glad to hear that my recommendation of Folligen has helped your regimen. I've used a lot of stuff but like you I've found that the basic foundation of any regimen is finasteride/minoxidil/copper-peptides. Adding topical spironolactone to the mix only helps to enhance ones DHT inhibition.

rocky

Hairtoday...

Reaction score
So, is the concensus folligen over Tricomin? I was hoping of using Tricomin as an extra instead of folligen (don't like the idea of hair/head staining) and minoxidil although I realise it probably won't provide the same results. Didn't really fancy going through the minoxidil shedding phase either, would probably completely destroy the small confidence/hope gained recently through using proscar. Is it worth trying Tricomin at all and do any of the UK members reading know where it can be obtained in the UK? Cheers in advance.

Bluesmen

Reaction score
Hi guys,

pippo, rocky, anyone, have any experience using Folligen Spray more than once daily..... Maybe 2 or more times daily?.... Is there any problem if you use it many times.....?

Thanks

Bluesmen

rocky

Reaction score
Bluesman: You can use Folligen Therapy Spray as often as you like, but I found that even though it is a very effective product, it is also very messy and leaves my hair looking like The Incredible Hulk urinated on my head. I only use it in the evening after my minoxidil application dries (Dr. Lee's dries within 15 minutes). If you can pull off twice a day I say go for it...it will only help for sure.

rocky

colin

Reaction score
Rocky,do you think it's really neccesary to wait 15 minutes intil minoxidil dries to apply the folligen?Was that on Dr.Lee's advice?I usually rub in all the topicals at once before I go to bed or maybe 5 minutes between them.

Colin