Folligen

Chris23

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this with any results on the hairline? I just started propecia today and I also use nizoral, I dont want to get on minoxidil, it's just to inconvienet & with no guarantees , I just saw the folligen lotion is made for the hairlines, has anyone used it there with any actual regrowth? My hairline isnt bad yet it's getting thre pretty rapidly espically over the last month, do you think the Folligen is worth a shot?

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
sometime silence can mean no. i think minoxidil can give you a better chance and to me it is easier to use. at least it won't make you look angry and is turning green with muscles.

luvyababygirl

Reaction score
i enjoy using the folligen and have had some mild success with it (i use the cream). also- it lasts a REALLY long time so it is worth the money and also very easy to use. plus- it doesn't contain any irritating essential oils like peppermint or menthol (which supposedly are "stimulating" your scalp when in reality it is just your skin being irritated). It's def worth trying it and I feel it's a great addition to any regimen.

Britannia

Reaction score
Why not try Tricomin? It contains the same active ingredient (copper peptides) and comes as an easy to use spray. Lots of success stories around regarding its use.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I believe folligen uses a more potent version of copper peptides. Tricomin is an easier version to use and much less messy to use, but I thought that folligen was the far better of the products, I believe dr. pickard has stated this in the past also. I have used both products and also folligen for blondes (a cream form) along with emu oil which I am using currently.

luvyababygirl

Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
I believe folligen uses a more potent version of copper peptides. Tricomin is an easier version to use and much less messy to use, but I thought that folligen was the far better of the products, I believe dr. pickard has stated this in the past also. I have used both products and also folligen for blondes (a cream form) along with emu oil which I am using currently.

that's very true- tricomin also cost about 20$ more and you get less product. the folligen is very gentle and comes in both the spray and cream forms. best of luck :)

Peter2

Reaction score
luvyababygirl said:
ShedMaster said:

that's very true- tricomin also cost about 20$ more and you get less product. the folligen is very gentle and comes in both the spray and cream forms. best of luck :)
Tricomin contains Triamino Copper Nutritional Complex, folligen doesnt. Triamino Copper Nutritional Complex is clinical proven to regrowth hair, even more than minoxidil. So, I believe folligen is a wrong choise because there is no clinical data.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[quote="Peter2]
Tricomin contains Triamino Copper Nutritional Complex, folligen doesnt. Triamino Copper Nutritional Complex is clinical proven to regrowth hair, even more than minoxidil. So, I believe folligen is a wrong choise because there is no clinical data.[/quote]

Peter2 - To be honest they are great for scalp health but I do not feel either will regrow hair on its own. I have used both products and actually allternate them at this point. BTW Tricomin has been in phase II of FDA trials since 1998 I think. I doubt the product ever performed to the level they had originally hoped for.

MJT82

Reaction score
I bought a bottle of Folligen Cream and Lotion. So far I haven't seen any positive results, in fact it causes flaking. If I try it again I will try the cream "for blondes" that I see people mentioning. It stains your skin a Bluish/Green color until you wash it off, you don't have to be blonde to have this problem, probably just caucasian to notice it the most. The Lotion rubs in easily and the color just kinda blends in to the skin.

powersam

Reaction score
i've always wondered exactly why did they develop a copper peptone solution when the tin peptone solution performed so much better? i have no idea who i mean by they but i think it was proctor. wish i bookmarked everything i read.