Follicum Phase I/ii Clinical Data Showed 8% Increase In Hair Growth

CharAblaze

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A new press release states that they expanded their research to diabetes treatment as well because of findings during their trials. I think that is really interesting considering Dr Brotzu was researching diabetes treatment when stumbling upon hair growth benefits.

http://follicum.se/follicum-utokar-forskningsarbetet-till-att-aven-omfatta-diabetes/
Well, entering a new market means another 10 years of research, here we go again.
Now, that you mention diabetes I've been consuming insane amounts of sugar since I was like 5 years old, but I still don't have diabetes.

When the hell is this gonna get released anyway?
It is pointless to ask when something is going to be released, when it is still in R&D stage.

Last edited:

Shining

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its a protein where they took the most efficient peptide that they discovered by accident when doing other research that stimulates the hair sack.

Follicum starts to be a big thing in Sweden now even if the market haven't spotted this company yet, only a few very interesting big investors. Their research is highly interesting in many areas.
http://aktieraketer.se/2016/09/02/follicum/

You guys are missing a lot of interesting angles here as well:
1: The trial was made on the legs with very slow growing hair
2: The trials were not doze optimized with injections that docent reach the hair sack efficiently enough
3: This peptide is showing enormous hair growth on rats
4: The percentage of people responding is nearly twice as high already as minoxidil
5: According to the latest presentation I heard a professor in the audience express his amazement.

I do really think that this is a very hot discovery and that Follicum has a exceptional competent team. Look at the experts they have in their panel and they hade chosen one of the best Universities in Europe for their trials.
http://follicum.se/en/about/scientific-advisory-board/

resu

Reaction score
Yeah I'm highly optimistic about it, specially because it was discovered by accident and you know what that means when it comes to hair loss drugs.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why the f*** are they trying it on the leg?

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Super interesting! Will be even more interesting if it ever reaches phase 3...

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It says that the 8% is not even an effecacy trial an that using more days would give you more? I also read 14% there. So the next trials when they optimize it with the target of actually regrowing a large amount of hair we might see more than 8%.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
At least this Jan Alenfall fella has hair.

Seriously though, I'll curb my enthusiasm. An 8% increase in leg hair isn't saying much when it's the DHT ravaged wasteland that is the balding scalp that needs tending to.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At least this Jan Alenfall fella has hair.

Seriously though, I'll curb my enthusiasm. An 8% increase in leg hair isn't saying much when it's the DHT ravaged wasteland that is the balding scalp that needs tending to.

Didn't Histogen showed something like a 70+% change from baseline after one year (vs -15% in control group)? +8% of leg hair seems like a little bit when you have big players like Histogen and Shiseido/Replicel coming to market in 2018-2022.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it was discovered by accident and you know what that means when it comes to hair loss drugs.

Fidia CEO be like
1oyxx2.jpg

like what they did with brotzu lotion, they bought it and kept it in the drawer.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't Histogen showed something like a 70+% change from baseline after one year (vs -15% in control group)? +8% of leg hair seems like a little bit when you have big players like Histogen and Shiseido/Replicel coming to market in 2018-2022.

I think just about everything is too little, too late. Hair multiplication may end up beating all of them to market. Some of these treatments could prove to be cheaper options to hair multiplication, but they won't really be needed anymore. The only thing that I'm optimistic will actually be available before hair multiplication is Shiseido.

Shining

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why the f*** are they trying it on the leg?

Well, they started out with pre-clinical trials on mice. There it grew a lots of hair. When they then transplanted skin from the face to the mice they saw the opposite effect. Therefore they didn't knew how this peptide would react on humans so they took the safe road and tried it on the leg. When they saw that the effect was dependent of the doze with both effects visible altho the growing effect was the dominant part they now have to optimize the doze, the transport system for the peptide so it can penetrate the hair sack efficiently and then move on to the phase 3 trials. I would guess that by the mid 2018 it will be a large phase 2B trial and after that we know how good effect FOL-005 has on the skalp.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think just about everything is too little, too late. Hair multiplication may end up beating all of them to market. Some of these treatments could prove to be cheaper options to hair multiplication, but they won't really be needed anymore. The only thing that I'm optimistic will actually be available before hair multiplication is Shiseido.

I thought Histogen injections were coming to Mexico and China in 3rd Q of 2018?

That's a pretty good treatment as long as you have vellus hairs.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought Histogen injections were coming to Mexico and China in 3rd Q of 2018?

That's a pretty good treatment as long as you have vellus hairs.
Histogen said they were about to finalize a deal with a partner in Mexico, but they never said anything about it. I don't think they have even begun trials in Mexico, and I won't be surprised if they never do. Last year they were talking about it being available around this time, and we still haven't heard from them. The way they drag on, I'll be surprised if they aren't late to the party too, even in China.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Histogen said they were about to finalize a deal with a partner in Mexico, but they never said anything about it. I don't think they have even begun trials in Mexico, and I won't be surprised if they never do. Last year they were talking about it being available around this time, and we still haven't heard from them. The way they drag on, I'll be surprised if they aren't late to the party too, even in China.

It's frustrating of course, man i've been waiting for so long i've been seeing the name Histogen for like 9 years now with no actual product in sight. But make no mistake, their clinical trials are promising and i'm very pessimistic about hair loss treatments nowadays starting out as a receding hairline 16 year old getting comments about it from everyone and now a bitter 28 year old guy who has seen nothing but empty promises throughout the years, but to be honest histogen and shiseido/replicel excites me.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's frustrating of course, man i've been waiting for so long i've been seeing the name Histogen for like 9 years now with no actual product in sight. But make no mistake, their clinical trials are promising and i'm very pessimistic about hair loss treatments nowadays starting out as a receding hairline 16 year old getting comments about it from everyone and now a bitter 28 year old guy who has seen nothing but empty promises throughout the years, but to be honest histogen and shiseido/replicel excites me.

What good is a working treatment if they refuse to accept any partnership because they think a broke company can dictate terms? They need to accept any deal they can to prove it works, and start generating cash flow. Why should they care if they don't get the best deal in Mexico? It's a small market, and peanuts compared to the US and Europe. Time is more of an enemy than a bad deal with a partner in Mexico. They are going to shop around for investors until an actual cure is available.