Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
http://follicum.se/follicums-kliniska-studie-visar-stimulering-av-harvaxt/

the translated version -
10 April 2017
Follicums clinical study showed stimulation of hair growth

Open press release

Follicum AB ( "Follicum") is pleased to announce that the FOL - 005 in the study at the Charité Hospital in Berlin, Germany, demonstrated a stimulation of hair growth in the treatment of healthy volunteers. Follicum could already be in February 2017 to announce that the Company's clinical phase I / IIa study demonstrated a good safety of the drug candidate FOL-005 and no adverse effects of the treatment have been found.

- The results from Berlin are very pleased when our data in the limited number of individuals shows the stimulation of hair growth, approximately 8% increase compared to before treatment, at the of the doses that are closest to the dose that produced the best effects in our preclinical studies , says Jan Alenfall, CEO of Follicum.

Results show the increase in hair growth
results from Follicums clinical phase I / II trial conducted on healthy volunteers, showing a whole that hair growth is stimulated by an increase is statistically significant (p = 0.0038, not multiplicitetsjusterat) of about 8 % compared to before treatment. Data from the study further shows that dosing three times per week for clearer effect than twice weekly, suggesting that a more frequent administration than that used in the study can provide further better effect. The corresponding effect of placebo is a decrease of 2% in hair growth (p = 0.4613). The study shows that there is considerable variation in the response, which was expected. Although the recent study is a limited study, which FOL-005 has been injected in the front of the thighs, shows Follicums substance, however, the efficacy results that are in line with what is published in the Phase III trials of existing drugs on the market. Important to note is that the study was not primarily designed to study efficacy. The FOL-005 in the first clinical study still showed significant effects are very interesting and could mean a shortened time for development. This is partly due to the doses in future clinical studies should not give any side effects, which could potentially lead to faster recruitment.

- It is exciting to see that we have a good effect, even though we have not developed a final formulation and not have a finished dosage. In published studies on existing products reported an increase in hair density in the range of 4-14% for daily or sometimes twice daily treatment. The results of our study show an average increase of 8%, a difference that is also statistically significant compared to before treatment. We believe it is likely that the effect we see in our study can be further improved with more continuous dosing with a new formulation, continues CEO Jan Alenfall.

The study tested four different doses - the lowest dose showed a weak effect, two dose showed the best effect and the two highest doses had three dose specific effect while four dose showed no effect. Such a differential response is not unusual (and called for the bell-shaped dose / response). The variation among the data is great which is to be expected of a study in this early stage of development and the limited number of subjects included in the clinical phase I / II study. Follicum now awaiting data from the monitoring period which are for three months after treatment.

Marketplace for preparations for stimulating hair growth
Unwanted hair loss (alopecia), commonly referred to as "pattern baldness" affects one third of all men between 20 and 50 years in the Western world. For men over 50 years, the percentage of hair loss is even higher, about 50%. Overall, a very extensive market for an effective and safe hair stimulating drugs. Existing products on the market, for example, Rogaine and Propecia. Only the market for these drugs is estimated at about 3 billion USD annually (1). Compared to existing drugs can Follicum probably offer other benefits- such as fewer side effects - which indicates good prospects for Follicum.

Past performance of the candidate drug FOL-005
Follicums drug candidate FOL-005 showed significant stimulation of hair growth in mouse experiments. In subsequent experiments on human skin - partly in test tubes and partly grafted on mice - showed FOL-005, however, inhibition of hair growth. In light of these results is varying preclinical phase I / II study is very important. The company is now awaiting data from the three-month follow-up in order to gain a more thorough understanding of the effect. Final report of the clinical phase I / II trial is expected to occur after the summer 2017.

In summary, Follicums recent clinical phase I / IIa trial has given the company well positioned to continue the development of FOL-005 and to quickly launch additional clinical studies.

- We look forward to continuing the development work for a Phase II trial with a more user-friendly formulation to optimize, dosage and duration. Our focus now is to create the best formulation of our preparations. We already have a number of parallel tracks at once that will determine whether there will be an ointment, cream, gel or even FOL-005 in the form of nanoparticles. As soon as we have a good formulation, the goal is to launch a more comprehensive impact study on the scalp, called a Phase II clinical trial, which we expect to gain further clarity in effect and where the hope is to confirm and improve the results of the completed clinical study gave concludes CEO Jan Alenfall.

(1) Global Data: Alopecia Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017

For further information, please contact:
Jan Alenfall - CEO, Follicum AB
Phone 046 - 19:21 97
E-mail: info@follicum.com

Mikael Theander, Communications & PR
Phone: 0764-263542
Email: info@follicum.com

This information is information which Follicum is required to disclose under the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was provided by the above contact person's Secretariat, for publication on April 10, 2017.

If Follicum AB
Follicum was founded in 2011 by two researchers in Lund, Anna Hultgårdh and Pontus Dunér, based on research on a human protein , osteopontin. This protein is considered among other things, be involved in the growth of bone tissue. Follicum isolated part of this protein and modified partially aminosyrorsekvensen which generearde Follicums drug candidate FOL-005th In early attempts proved FOL-005 both to stimulate and inhibit hair growth. Company completed its first clinical phase I / II study in 2016/2017. Follicum is based in Lund, Sweden and listed on AktieTorget 2014.

The interesting part is that they have two drugs for hair related disorder -

1. Hair Inhibition (I am sure we don't want that) - http://follicum.se/en/projects/hair-growth-inhibition/

2. Hair Stimulation - http://follicum.se/en/projects/hair-growth-stimulation/

Earlier, pre-clinical data showed only 2-3% increase in hair growth.

Preclinical results
Today Follicum is carrying out preclinical studies, in mice where significant stimulation of hair growth has been demonstrated, even at low doses.

The initial short term toxicological studies have shown no negative effects.

The preclinical efficacy studies in mice have primarily been performed at a contract research laboratory in India (Dabur Research Foundation). Dabur have previously performed similar studies with minoxidil (the active ingredient in Rogaine®) and in preclinical comparable studies Follicum’s compounds stimulated hair growth much faster and produced hair growth over a much larger area than minoxidil.
follicum-graph-en-01.png

In short, good days are coming, mates.
Within 3 - 5 years max, something is going to be released in the market for sure.

Last edited:

Ikkaku

Established Member
Reaction score
The thing is that their patent is approved in Japan and Russia. So it's approved in Europe too.
But they do trials again and again.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like it's going to take a "kitchen sink approach" to get hair back. 8% here, 10% from SM, 14% from Replicel etc.

Agreed and that's the problem. These companies won't want to spend the resources to bring a single product to market of the results are lackluster because they assume the demand won't be high enough. But really, having a few treatments like replicel, SM, histogen working synergistically is the best bet.

8 percent growth certainly doesn't constitute a cosmetically impressive result. Maybe if you're staring in the mirror for two hours a day it will look better but to the neutral observer you look almost exactly the same.

resu

Reaction score
Which is amazing because snake oils that don't do anything are being flooded to the market all the time yet clinically tested drugs because they don't reach a more substantial regrowth percentage are just shelved.

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed and that's the problem. These companies won't want to spend the resources to bring a single product to market of the results are lackluster because they assume the demand won't be high enough. But really, having a few treatments like replicel, SM, histogen working synergistically is the best bet.

8 percent growth certainly doesn't constitute a cosmetically impressive result. Maybe if you're staring in the mirror for two hours a day it will look better but to the neutral observer you look almost exactly the same.

8% regrowth + maintenance is the difference between me being able to pull off my favorite hairstyle vs. looking like a receded twat. I'll take that.

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With all those 5 year claims over and over again i know exactly that even in 5 years from now I'll be stuck with finasteride and minoxidil...

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
With all those 5 year claims over and over again i know exactly that even in 5 years from now I'll be stuck with finasteride and minoxidil...

Guess that's better than oxygen and a wheelchair in store for us older guys that have been waiting forever already.

Cody1212

Established Member
Reaction score
My god at this point something just making it to market with 8% regrowth and maintenance is massive. If it can get us off finasteride and restore our test levels while maintaining is a win.

Yet we have no idea when, where or how much.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bulletproof maintenance is a game changer for anyone less than NW3. What a peace of mind to know no matter what your hair loss is at least not going to get worse... I can't even have that with current treatments.

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8% regrowth + maintenance is the difference between me being able to pull off my favorite hairstyle vs. looking like a receded twat. I'll take that.

I actually prefer my twats bald :p. So what are you, like a Norwood 1.5?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually prefer my twats bald :p. So what are you, like a Norwood 1.5?

Haha, I'm between 2 and 2.5. I was a 2.5, moved back a bit, I was also a 2 but lost some since then. I have diffuse loss as well though, and my frontal hairline is shredded, so if I could just regain some back in that area it would be a solid hairstyle. With the wispy thin crap at the front there's not much you can do with it to make it look good even if the hair behind it is still holding together.

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel like it's going to take a "kitchen sink approach" to get hair back. 8% here, 10% from SM, 14% from Replicel etc.

It's tempting to think that way but it's also interesting how most treatments are expected to yield about 10-15% regrowth.

Isn't it possible that percantage simply represents the extent of reversible damage? Even estrogen, which seems to give excellent regrowth, can't regrow temples entirely in higher Norwoods.

Maybe treatments cap off at that point not because they're not strong enough but because that's all they've still got to work with. If that's true, cumulative results would be out of the picture. No matter what you throw at it, the treatments would all be affecting the same 15% and everything else is just dead and wasted.

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will Norwood 7 give her hair?

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score

What do you mean finasteride is 10% increase lul.