Follicum Has Very Interesting Results From Its Clinical Fas2a Trials

Shining

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I have followed the Swedish company Follicum and they have presented a clinical trial where people got their unique peptide tested on the legs. Despite it is much slower growth on the legs, with only 3 applications a week (Rogaine/minoxidil has a optimal frequency of 14) they showed that FOL-005 was able to stimulate more percentage of the patients hair growth then Minoxidil have shown and they have not even optimized their dose yet. This looks truly promising.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you any link to study cited?
Altough hair leg is diferent to scalp hair, must be interesting read about it.
TIA

Shining

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like this forum docent allow links. This is what the CEO said on Follicums pressrelease (you can find it on their website) :p

"– It is exciting to see that we can show a good effect despite that we have not yet developed a final formulation nor have finalized the dosage. In published studies on existing products it has been reported that an increase in the thickness of the hair in an order of magnitude of 4-14% after daily, or in some cases, twice daily, treatment. The result in our study shows an average increase of 8%, a difference which is also statistically assured compared to growth before the treatment. We assess that it is likely that the effect we have seen in our study can be further improved with continuous dosing and with a new formulation, CEO Jan Alenfall continues."

Shining

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes Tracksterderm, they made some remarkable discoveries along the way. Here is the latest presentation in Swedish, maybe you can use subtitles.

abcdefg

Reaction score
This is good news though I mean anything new even if it grew 5 hairs would be better that what we had the last 20 years. Beggars cant be choosers.

Shining

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes its very good news. Patients that uses Minoxidil have a low respons rate, 38 percent. Follicums candidate has 73 percent and the candidate is not even dose optimized.

The Phase2a trials was made with injections, a very bad way to reach the cells inside the hair sack. I think this will be a HUGE blockbuster abcdefg.

resu

Reaction score
Don't they have two formulations? One for inhibiting hair grow and one to promote hair regrowth. If the first works imagine how many people would lose their jobs because blades, waxes, lasers and beauty salons wouldn't be needed anymore! And I'm glad they would! f*** body hair, having an itch on my shoulders and chest because of body hair is as annoying as the scalp itch due to hair loss.

Shining

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't they have two formulations? One for inhibiting hair grow and one to promote hair regrowth. If the first works imagine how many people would lose their jobs because blades, waxes, lasers and beauty salons wouldn't be needed anymore! And I'm glad they would! f*** body hair, having an itch on my shoulders and chest because of body hair is as annoying as the scalp itch due to hair loss.

This is the interesting part. They have seen a clock wise effect. It seems that the same peptide FOL-005 have an optimal dose where the hair is stimulated and on the upper end with the highest dose they say that it had the opposite effect.

Minoxidil has an optimal respond effect when applied 14 times a week. FOOL-005 was not dose optimized and only applied 2 times for 15 persons and 3 times for 15 other persons. They saw a higher effect with 3 times a week so its highly likely that this peptide is something very extraordinary. The best of all is that the market cap for this company is still under 10 million dollar :)

Shining

My Regimen
Reaction score
The top text by google translate:

"It's all about a human protein, osteopontin. This protein is considered to be involved in bone tissue growth. Follicum isolated a portion of this protein and partially modified the amino acid sequence, which generated Follicum's drug candidate FOL-005. In early trials, FOL-005 was shown to stimulate and inhibit hair growth. So far, the company has been investing. Now, Follicum has filed a patent application in the diabetes field. The application concerns substances modified from human proteins. The discovery was made in preclinical studies conducted by Follicum to investigate the mechanism of action of existing substances. The studies showed a positive effect on insulin release. The question is whether the company is focusing on curing diabetes or stimulating hair growth?"
http://aktieps.se/nyheter/551.php?id=eb76c035d5d0a2bd2a0d0834b93c9c26