My Regimen
Reaction score
valproic acid-encapsulated dissolving microneedles”

I wonder if Derminator sells :p

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we first wound, then apply VPA? If so, how many millimeters a day? And at what depth?

VPA can be very dangerous and I'm just worried that it will go systematic if I wound first.

Won't VPA penetrate enough in Ethanol/PG?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we first wound, then apply VPA? If so, how many millimeters a day? And at what depth?

VPA can be very dangerous and I'm just worried that it will go systematic if I wound first.

Won't VPA penetrate enough in Ethanol/PG?

Why don't you guys read the information that is provided for you?

This is literally copy/paste from the patent that have been linked to.

[0009] In some embodiments, the valproic acid composition is administered once reepithelialization is completed, or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, or 16 weeks after integumental perturbation. In some embodiments, the valproic acid composition is administered once reepithelialization is completed, or at least 2, 4, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, or 24 hours after integumental perturbation. In some embodiments, the valproic acid composition is administered once reepithelialization is completed, or at least 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 days after integumental perturbation. In some embodiments, the valproic acid composition is first administered 1 day after integumental perturbation. In some embodiments, the valproic acid composition is administered before and after integumental perturbation. In some embodiments, the integumental perturbation is performed after 24 or more hours of valproic acid composition administration

[0011] In some embodiments, the integumental perturbation penetrates the skin to a depth of 500 µιη to 2.5 mm.

more detailed information can be found in the patent.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't you guys read the information that is provided for you?

This is literally copy/paste from the patent that have been linked to.

[0009] In some embodiments, the valproic acid composition is administered once reepithelialization is completed, or 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, or 16 weeks after integumental perturbation. In some embodiments, the valproic acid composition is administered once reepithelialization is completed, or at least 2, 4, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, or 24 hours after integumental perturbation. In some embodiments, the valproic acid composition is administered once reepithelialization is completed, or at least 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 days after integumental perturbation. In some embodiments, the valproic acid composition is first administered 1 day after integumental perturbation. In some embodiments, the valproic acid composition is administered before and after integumental perturbation. In some embodiments, the integumental perturbation is performed after 24 or more hours of valproic acid composition administration

[0011] In some embodiments, the integumental perturbation penetrates the skin to a depth of 500 µιη to 2.5 mm.

more detailed information can be found in the patent.
So from I get from it is after wounding but they never mentioned the best time, just covered literally all times after wounding. The 2.5mm I guess is fine for every other week. Man, that's going to hurt like crazy.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So from I get from it is after wounding but they never mentioned the best time, just covered literally all times after wounding. The 2.5mm I guess is fine for every other week. Man, that's going to hurt like crazy.
No doubt, but it's better than the 5mm someone on here mentioned in another thread.

HairlossCurse

Reaction score
I am pretty sure in patents they shove as much stuff as they can get away with, who knows if valproic acid will actually work

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has there been any release of their phase 1 or 2 trial results? Or any sort of results?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has there been any release of their phase 1 or 2 trial results? Or any sort of results?

they have 3 studies on their website, about their approach to wounding.

Like it have been stated many times before in other research, humans have a strong imunesystem. where mice have a different one, so when mice are wounded some cells activate the regeneration of HF, and those mice apparently have those all over their skin. with humans we tend to create scar tissue instead and humans apparently doesn't have it all over the skin/scalp, so my theory to follicas approach is to enhance chose cells humans have to regenerate instead of creating scar tissue (of course) but also try to even out those cells across our scalp.

That is what I think

But i haven't found any studies that says anything about the human testing and how the success rate is.

But wounding as is, too me seems like they don't believe to work on its own on humans.

PhilQC281

My Regimen
Reaction score
they have 3 studies on their website, about their approach to wounding.

Like it have been stated many times before in other research, humans have a strong imunesystem. where mice have a different one, so when mice are wounded some cells activate the regeneration of HF, and those mice apparently have those all over their skin. with humans we tend to create scar tissue instead and humans apparently doesn't have it all over the skin/scalp, so my theory to follicas approach is to enhance chose cells humans have to regenerate instead of creating scar tissue (of course) but also try to even out those cells across our scalp.

That is what I think

But i haven't found any studies that says anything about the human testing and how the success rate is.

But wounding as is, too me seems like they don't believe to work on its own on humans.

Hi Medk ,

i cant find the 3 studies that your talking about , for the phase 2 of follica .

Did you find it on this site web ?

http://puretechhealth.com/puretech-...ve-biology-platform-for-androgenetic-alopecia

I just found some information about the proedure of follica , but not the results of the sutdy phase 2 .

Thanks if you can help me !