Follica Pivotal Trail Is Now Recruiting

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the one hand, frustrating personally that it took so long but on the other hand, it's great its finally happening.

by 2019 end: Samumed, Follica, Breezula all in phase 3 trials? after years, suddenly things are happening all at once!

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pivotal trial : 12 weeks ?

Follica.jpg

https://www.skincarephysicians.net/content/uploads/2019/02/men-hair-loss-research-study.pdf

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
12 weeks? I knew their pivotal would be less than a normal pivotal trial but damn. If they get good data we could still see this in 2020!

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
12 weeks are really short. May be this whole thing could go faster than we thought

Yes it's very short :) Maybe they can make a short pivotal trial because of their ongoing optimization study.

Any idea where they are conducting the trial?
Yes one of site is here :
SkinCare Physicians
1244 Boylston St, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is their pivotal phase shorter because they are using already existing drugs? And if so is there going to be minoxidil and finasteride in the mix or just minoxidil?

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I called PureTech and didn’t get a hold of anybody but I left a message indicating I was interested in volunteering for the pivotal trial in Chestnut Hill.

Obviously even if I were to be selected, I’d probably be breaking a NDA of some kind by discussing the trial and could well end up in the control group, but it’s worth a shot. Will keep posted if anything comes of this.

OneDay_NW0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is their pivotal phase shorter because they are using already existing drugs? And if so is there going to be minoxidil and finasteride in the mix or just minoxidil?

I dont think they're using finasteride. It would be very pathetic, if they would use this prostate drug in 2019 for new treatments.

Last edited:

vinnievandall

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I called PureTech and didn’t get a hold of anybody but I left a message indicating I was interested in volunteering for the pivotal trial in Chestnut Hill.

Obviously even if I were to be selected, I’d probably be breaking a NDA of some kind by discussing the trial and could well end up in the control group, but it’s worth a shot. Will keep posted if anything comes of this.
Yeah true but no one will know your tue identity i guess

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
So are they going to finish this until 2020 and maybe start phase 3? As far as I remember they could maybe repair FUE/FUT scars, would be great though...what happened to Noisette?

orphanfunkhouser

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, can someone explain to me what this is? Some kind of microneedling device mixed with another chemical?

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So are they going to finish this until 2020 and maybe start phase 3? As far as I remember they could maybe repair FUE/FUT scars, would be great though...what happened to Noisette?
How do you know they're starting in 2020? I dont seem to find that information