Attachments

• Screenshot_20190727-120922.png
    Screenshot_20190727-120922.png
    363.7 KB · Views: 966

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of what I've heard about follica has been kind of vague info. Does anyone have an edjucated guess how much this will actually do? Could it half hair loss + maybe add some new stuff?

MrJolly16

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Then I hope they can make it, because we need something new. Besides they have never given up and they haven´t released any crappy product so far.

FDA filling in 2020? What does it mean? Can it even be sold in 2020 or 2021? What do you think?

Last edited:

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of what I've heard about follica has been kind of vague info. Does anyone have an edjucated guess how much this will actually do? Could it half hair loss + maybe add some new stuff?

It’s all in the press release, just not spelt out explicitly.

If you read the press release, they claim the following:

“Follica device has shown significant therapeutic advantages in scalp treatment versus commercially available skin disruption technology”

Let’s assume that the other commercially available products are dermapens and rollers. What they are claiming here is that follicas device is better than them, however they haven’t ruled out that the head to head comparison yielding a better result for follica is due to chance. This might be because their sample size was too small, poor research design or maybe the follica results weren’t substantially better. I suspect it’s the latter.

Based on this, I would guess the device would be similar, and maybe slightly better than Needling.

If you look on the needling thread, you’ll see some insane results for some people. Follica will probably be suited for those who aren’t comfortable needling at home due to Infections/lack of knowledge/queasiness and prefer the comfort of a doctors clinic. This probably applies to most consumers including myself.

Meanwhile, they are also working on compounds that will improve on their treatment, which I think will be released at a later stage. I’d be more excited by this..

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So this means its not just minoxidil after all?

They mention having tested "next generation compounds" and multiple IND's? I would guess minoxidil at the very least, and that an improved protocol and regimin of new drugs is in the works.

Last edited:

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
They mention having tested "next generation compounds" and multiple IND's? I would guess minoxidil at the very least, and that an improved protocol and regimin of new drugs is in the works.
The exact bullet point in the slide is:
Identified and tested next-generation, proprietary compounds
So this is not minoxidil. However Identified and tested might mean they were only tested in vitro or mice... And they have yet to be tested in humans...

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
So this is not minoxidil. However Identified and tested might mean they were only tested in vitro or mice... And they have yet to be tested in humans...

Exactly. NOT MINOXIDIL.

I highly doubt it’s only been tested in mice based on the phase they are on. Jeez.

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They've been saying this, but there's no evidence they've started, or close to starting, their pivotal study, so their timeline likely won't hold up.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Their micro-abrasion device has been tested with various compounds in three previous clinical trials, meaning human trials, all of which showed they are inducing neogenesis (new hair follicles).

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is awesome news! Cassiopeia also updated their website and are initiating Phase lll for Androgenetic Alopecia 1Q 2020. Follica Samumed and CB sounds like a plus 1/2 norwoods and maintenance

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is awesome news! Cassiopeia also updated their website and are initiating Phase lll for Androgenetic Alopecia 1Q 2020. Follica Samumed and CB sounds like a plus 1/2 norwoods and maintenance
Well it depends on "how slick is the targeted area".Many will see an improvement while others will not.
All in all in some cases that treatment will lower the cost in some cases of a hair transplant.
What is great is that many people will achieve a "functional" cure this way