newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jealous newdutuser, can you share a bit more about your regime:
Which dermapen?
How Frequent and what depth?
How often do you apply minoxidil?
How long did it take until you saw results?

Cheers and keep the good work up

I'm not shoving it into my scalp but just rolling in order to get red skin. I'm doing 10 vertical and 10 horizonal twice. I'll start with my crown and dermaroller 10 times vertical and 10 times horizontal and come up to my hairline, temple points and temples and then do this exact same thing again, so a total of 2 times all over the head. I apply minoxidil immediately after. The depth is irrelevant and I'm going for light to medium pressure with the aim of getting red skin all over my scalp. I'm seeing results very quickly and I started this in November 8th, 2019

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not buying this anymore. I believe that Follica has something up it's sleeve but I'm already getting amazing results on my temples using everyday or every other day microneedling. As I said before in this thread and the other dermarolling thread that I would continue experimenting with high frequency needling and I upped this routine to three times a week with a dermapen and the next week I'll go 6 times a week with a dermaroller and I'm seeing rapid regrowth in my temples and no those shitty pussy wispy hair but dense dark hairs.

I now personally believe that Follica's style of microneedling is not possible at home and I was wrong about a lot of things so I'll share my personal experience with you:

1. The idea that you have to use a 192 needle dermaroller because the one with 520 needles isn't exactly are real dermaroller is false. This more needles the better for me personally.
  2. It still stings me when I apply minoxidil immediately after and just like Rachita Dhurat's study my target has been mild erythema. I think this form just increases the absorption of minoxidil and makes it more potent.
  3. There are too many people out there who have had almost magical rapid improvement with a higher frequency for us to not try this for 4-5 months to see if it works or not. Of course, you cannot expect it to work for everyone but it is definitely worth a shot.

Dislike this post all you want but I'm starting to doubt that we can do Follica at home.

For the next few months I'm going with that big *** dermaroller with 1200 pins to see what happens.
I was doing daily but with the intention of doing daily plus follica style but takes like 5 days for my head to stop hurting after so i not really tried lol did love that early morning day 0.25 itch scratching feeling

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not shoving it into my scalp but just rolling in order to get red skin. I'm doing 10 vertical and 10 horizonal twice. I'll start with my crown and dermaroller 10 times vertical and 10 times horizontal and come up to my hairline, temple points and temples and then do this exact same thing again, so a total of 2 times all over the head. I apply minoxidil immediately after. The depth is irrelevant and I'm going for light to medium pressure with the aim of getting red skin all over my scalp. I'm seeing results very quickly and I started this in November 8th, 2019

What type of balding pattern do you have and with what depth are using high frequency needling, 0.25?

I'm merely diffuse. I had my hairline rebuilt a year ago. Thus without a bald spot I may have some room to experiment with dermapen use, but on the other hand I'm already 'experimenting' a bit by not using minoxidil, let alone finasteride, instead going with EO/caffeine.

(I am a pretty weak responder to minoxidil but I think it messes with my eyes, and I think it accelerated facial wrinkles whereas I have always had a baby face. And aside from my frontal recession which I fixed with surgery, the rest is just a mild diffuse thinning on the overall crown, which I have had no trouble maintaining density and reducing scalp visibility over the last 4 years. For this reason I believe in my case rosemary and caffeine can preserve the non-transplanted density equally well as minoxidil does. This blend has the circulatory benefits of minoxidil plus androgen/inflammation/ATP/nutrient delivery, which minoxidil lacks. If the EO blend doesn't work so well, then I'll just go with Zix. Mixing up Zix every two weeks and going to the fridge to apply it to my head twice a day is less appealing than just massaging in EO's, or simply rolling it on with a stick when I'm in a hurry)

Last edited:

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost everything you've read is based off of the Dhurat microneedling study, and subsequent copycat studies from years ago. The reason people say to follow that protocol is because it works, and until recently we have had no other studies to go by.
Good info, thanks. I'm going to purchase a dermapen, but before finding this forum a few days ago had no idea which to plump for.

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Working out in the gym every 2-3 days produces good results. Doing it every single day does not work better.

Follica says a 2-week interval works better than wounding more often. I'll take their word on that.
It depends on intensity and volume. Olympians workout everyday.

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
If he's only thinning at the hairline then there's no point in him doing the rest of the scalp, but he should be needling 2cm into the adjacent healthy hair. The point of this is because those healthy hairs send out signals that recruit stem cells when they sense damage. There's no point needling where there's never been any hair.
Is it any good on where there was once hair, like the hairline?

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have minor bleeding / scabbing? I'm using .5 MM on the Derminator 1 (on a shaved head). Perhaps im going over the same area too many times?

That sh*t kind of hurts too when doing it for several minutes in a row lol.... But if its once bi-weekly then i can manage this...

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ha! Based.

The reason I was so hyped for RCH-01 is that wounding with lasting results is basically the ideal treatment. A combination of the two would be perfect.

If you could just go to an office, get your scalp stabbed, and then have better-than-transplant results that will last forever and you don't have to take pills, that'd be a way better and more-affordable option than hair-cloning and sh*t.

f*****g cringe using based if you think it’s in anyway funny to have a forum that propagates anti semitism. Grow up you weirdo. You don’t even know where the term based comes from.

Ivo Shandor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, if you want hair there again. You aren't going to grow much though unless you have some healthy hairs within a couple centimeters of the area.
Thanks man. I'm new to this. I'm buying a dermapen, a search for the best dermapens led me to this place. What is the best regimen for micro-needling in your estimation?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not buying this anymore. I believe that Follica has something up it's sleeve but I'm already getting amazing results on my temples using everyday or every other day microneedling. As I said before in this thread and the other dermarolling thread that I would continue experimenting with high frequency needling and I upped this routine to three times a week with a dermapen and the next week I'll go 6 times a week with a dermaroller and I'm seeing rapid regrowth in my temples and no those shitty pussy wispy hair but dense dark hairs.

I now personally believe that Follica's style of microneedling is not possible at home and I was wrong about a lot of things so I'll share my personal experience with you:
  1. The idea that you have to use a 192 needle dermaroller because the one with 520 needles isn't exactly are real dermaroller is false. This more needles the better for me personally.
  2. It still stings me when I apply minoxidil immediately after and just like Rachita Dhurat's study my target has been mild erythema. I think this form just increases the absorption of minoxidil and makes it more potent.
  3. There are too many people out there who have had almost magical rapid improvement with a higher frequency for us to not try this for 4-5 months to see if it works or not. Of course, you cannot expect it to work for everyone but it is definitely worth a shot.
Dislike this post all you want but I'm starting to doubt that we can do Follica at home.

For the next few months I'm going with that big *** dermaroller with 1200 pins to see what happens.

If you are derma-ROLLING then you're not doing Follica's wound. Not with any amount of needles or frequency. The rolling action causes a lot more lateral damage to the skin per needle hit. Follica decided that going straight down & back up was more effective.

I suspect that guys who do recreate Follica's wounding, will not be talking about doing it multiple times a week. It will be obvious that the skin hasn't recovered in only a few days.

Whatever you are doing with the rollers & tight intervals may be working for you. I don't know. Knock yourself out. More power to you. I'm just saying you aren't duplicating Follica's wound right now, and you aren't making a full effort to attempt it. You're doing something else. Whatever you learn about it may not be applicable to Follica's protocol.

Last edited:

Gokusan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys one question but off topic..i use roller now and i wanna buy a dr pen from china..but im afraid for corovirus..is there any problem to buy it from there?

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else have minor bleeding / scabbing? I'm using .5 MM on the Derminator 1 (on a shaved head). Perhaps im going over the same area too many times?

That sh*t kind of hurts too when doing it for several minutes in a row lol.... But if its once bi-weekly then i can manage this...

The only way I can make .5 really hurt is to 'burn' the skin via something approximating the Follica method.

Even 1.5 doesn't hurt on my face, so the discomfort there only comes from the sunburn effect. Much of it all with needling is squeamishness...there's a strong mental aspect here which you will get over, or should mentally focus on getting over.

Needles only definitely hurt me on areas with both higher nerve input and with shallow bone. I think there's a reverberance effect of the cranium that increases sensory feedback. Though weirdly I have no pain still on the skin of my forehead or above the cheekbones.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The only way I can make .5 really hurt is to 'burn' the skin via something approximating the Follica method.

Even 1.5 doesn't hurt on my face, so the discomfort there only comes from the sunburn effect. Much of it all with needling is squeamishness...there's a strong mental aspect here which you will get over, or should mentally focus on getting over.

Needles only definitely hurt me on areas with both higher nerve input and with shallow bone. I think there's a reverberance effect of the cranium that increases sensory feedback. Though weirdly I have no pain still on the skin of my forehead or above the cheekbones.

I have a good pain tolerance, this sh*t is defnitely like getting pinched 25 times a second, i have quite low bodyfat and maybe thin skin/scalp. But the next day it has the sunburn look so i think im doing it right, did over 100k wounds on my head lol

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a good pain tolerance, this sh*t is defnitely like getting pinched 25 times a second, i have quite low bodyfat and maybe thin skin/scalp. But the next day it has the sunburn look so i think im doing it right, did over 100k wounds on my head lol

So if you're doing just a 6x6 cm area (such as a lateral hairline bald spot) how long will you spend on this area and how many passes?

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How in the world does 1.5 not hurt your face? I hate doing my face far more than my scalp. I use 1.5 at 25hz on most of my face, and the pain is insane.

No idea. The area of the hair just above the sideburns literally feels like nothing at 1.5.

I do feel the needles on my face, more so on the forehead, but even that area doesn't bother me. It doesn't cause a sharp nerve response that makes me wince. Of course all the really important areas of the scalp do these things.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So if you're doing just a 6x6 cm area (such as a lateral hairline bald spot) how long will you spend on this area and how many passes?

36cm2x1600 wounds.

about 4-5 minutes with 9 needles on a derminator high setting. it'd probably have to be 3 passes total.