Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's considerably more painful, and requires great patience. If you have a trusted person who can perform it on you that would definitely be a lot easier. It helps to have something flexible yet rigid that you can lay across your scalp to use as a guide for keeping your passes straight. This helps you minimize gaps and overlap.
lol a scalp jig for solo, indeed second person would be better so you can zone out. all i can say is after today's attempt is (insert fry gif) " shut up and take my money " follica lol

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t believe I can’t find the fcuking paper yet. From the little I remember, the guy behind it is a scientist and the paper said that microneedling in the long run causes sort of an aggressive inflammation. For a fact I know guys in my life that have tried 1.5mm and ruined their hair while others did 0.5 and claimed a positive result. Back when I was solo trying to needle, I did grow a lot of baby white hair but nothing more until I got bored of it and stopped it. A moron called me troll but I promise u I’m not. The paper exists and the guy behind it even has a web page, it’s surprisingly informative and makes absolute sense. I WILL keep trying to find it, this wasn’t a google search, it was far deeper.

You’re a pathetic loser troll, everyone here can see it, just because you say you’re not doesn’t make it true, your pathetic actions of commenting negatively on anything hair growth positive is proof.

I’ve been microneedling for close to 7 months now and my hair has only gotten better. Dipshit.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every decent and well known peer reviewed article should be able to be detected be Google scholar. If you can't find it that way, then it was probably an obscure piece of information that hasn't been formally published and is therefore unreliable. That is what your "far deeper" actually means. Not trying to argue against you, I'm just inviting you to consider that whatever you read back then wasn't probably a good source of it's that hard to find.

Or maybe he’s trolling the forum and you’re gullible enough to believe him and feed him.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea but with 25hz derminator that's like 1/5 speed of follicas plus i was sloppy every one has a plan till they try to needle their head 288000 times
I always use the medium setting because the high setting on the Dermanator 2 is torture for me, even at only .5mm. I can't imagine lasting 30 minutes with that. I may have to take some pain killers beforehand and maybe apply some numbing cream.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
@pegasus2 or @benjt2 have either of you read up on quorum sensing enough to know if a hair transplant would help areas that were previously unable to benefit from the concept?

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always use the medium setting because the high setting on the Dermanator 2 is torture for me, even at only .5mm. I can't imagine lasting 30 minutes with that. I may have to take some pain killers beforehand and maybe apply some numbing cream.
yea i used medium when first got d2 i found fast sound frightening/intimating and the sensation was like it was raking pulling my skin but i got use to it. im going to see what the general consensus on the best pen to buy to cut that time down it is not fun or relaxing anymore

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont pay attention to this norwood11 guy.

He is the typical propeciahelp shitposter, he even said avodart blocks testosterone once.

That kinda say it all.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been argued that a percentage of transplanted hair growth is really damage-induced regeneration. Meaning, the transplanting process has a worse success rate than we realize. But as the recipient area heals up, it contributes more growth (and/or helps heal damaged grafts) than we realize.

AFAIK there is no hard data on this. But I suspect there is truth in it. And I wouldn't be surprised if the presence of transplanted hairs helps cause more regrowth than would be achieved by simply hacking up the recipient area without implanting anything.

If all this is true then there is probably a sweet-spot for that effect. I mean the amount of transplanting density per session. There would be some point where you get maximum wounding-induced gains per donor graft, and going more dense (in that session) gives diminishing returns.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
There is no research specifically on that, but based on how it works transplanted hairs should absolutely send the same recruitment signals when wounding occurs. One of Follica's patents actually lists hair transplant recipients as candidates for treatment.

I noticed that as well, but it seems like it made mention of the donor area exclusively as a beneficiary of it specifically? Maybe I misread it though.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think i read somewhere that high density hair plucking causes hair follicle neogenesis via quorum sensing.

Somebody quote me on this though

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no research specifically on that, but based on how it works transplanted hairs should absolutely send the same recruitment signals when wounding occurs. One of Follica's patents actually lists hair transplant recipients as candidates for treatment.

I had an FUE hair transplant a couple of years ago, and only started microneedling about a year after and I can definitely say that it helped increase density, visually to the eye and also up close, as I used a usb microscope and noticed after 3 months of microneedling, that new thin-fine hairs were sprouting and growing from within stronger thicker transplanted hairs and likely due to the possibility the needle hit the hair graft and induced new hair(s) to form due to the better blood supply, and the possibility of new hair growth from the proximity to hair transplant hairs, so I think Follicas method in conjunction with a previous hair transplant could be very productive. Would be great to see a patient example from them regarding this to confirm it.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont pay attention to this norwood11 guy.

He is the typical propeciahelp shitposter, he even said avodart blocks testosterone once.

That kinda say it all.
Wow, when did he say this?

yea i used medium when first got d2 i found fast sound frightening/intimating and the sensation was like it was raking pulling my skin but i got use to it. im going to see what the general consensus on the best pen to buy to cut that time down it is not fun or relaxing anymore

I will have to get used to it myself too, I guess.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had an FUE hair transplant a couple of years ago, and only started microneedling about a year after and I can definitely say that it helped increase density, visually to the eye and also up close, as I used a usb microscope and noticed after 3 months of microneedling, that new thin-fine hairs were sprouting and growing from within stronger thicker transplanted hairs and likely due to the possibility the needle hit the hair graft and induced new hair(s) to form due to the better blood supply, and the possibility of new hair growth from the proximity to hair transplant hairs, so I think Follicas method in conjunction with a previous hair transplant could be very productive. Would be great to see a patient example from them regarding this to confirm it.
That's cool man glad it is working for you. I just beg Cots and Follica to hurry.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When it comes to any kind of beauty/rejuvenating procedure, if there is a way of taking it to extremes then it's been done before. Guaranteed. There are millions of people out there who would sell their souls to look a year younger.

Microneedling is superficial skin damage, like dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. It's not exactly the same procedure but I see no reason to think the damage from microneedling would be worse.

It's new to us. It's not new to the entire human race.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's cool man glad it is working for you. I just beg Cots and Follica to hurry.

Thanks!

I actually get the impression, from all these “leaks” of information and photos about Follica, is due to them seeing that the type of diy microneedling that people like myself are doing and getting very good results is forcing them to kick their process-to-market into high gear, and no doubt they have reps reading these forums, they’d be stupid not to.