Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

dm900

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1600 cm2 is a lot. I'm not going to try and achieve this on myself, but I am at least glad to hear that they are doing it in a way we haven't really been able to.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1600/cm² is probably more than anyone has done. I doubt that any of the Chinese pens actually operate at close to the rated specs, so if you're using those it's going to be hard to target within a specific range of 1400-1800/cm². The needles on the Derminator 2 needles are the finest at 34.5 gauge. The closest is the A7 at 34 gauge. I recommend sticking with one of those two. With the Derminator you will just have to move it slower, 2 passes at .75cm per second, to get the right density. It's not going to be easy to move that slow, and it's going to take more than 15 minutes to complete both passes if you're balding in a NW7 pattern.

This is a 100hz pen vs the 25hz Derminator 2:
View attachment 136570

I still believe that the best method may be dense/deep wounding every 2 weeks in conjunction with light .25mm wounding every day or two for increased absorption of topicals and release of growth factors.

Everyone please keep in mind that they have run trials since submitting these patents. Latanaprost can be bought under the brand name Xalatan for eyelash growth, but it's very expensive to buy enough to cover your entire scalp. It's basically the same thing as bimatoprost which is cheaper, but also very expensive.
When you mention using the Dermanator at .75mm, do you we use it at the low, medium, or high speed setting? Also, wouldn't using the depth of 1mm be better than .75mm? The Dermanator 2 doesn't have control for .8mm.

otann

My Regimen
Reaction score
With the Derminator you will just have to move it slower, 2 passes at .75cm per second, to get the right density.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that 2 passes at 0.75 cm/s would yield a resultant density of only 800 wounds/cm²; I believe that the correct rate is 0.375 cm/s. Regardless, pinpointing either speed (and maintaining it across the scalp) will be quite difficult and the main challenge in replicating this protocol.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, because the derminator 2 needle array is only .5cm across. Keep in mind that the cartridge is much wider than the needle array so instead of moving up 1 cm for each pass you will only move up .5cm for each pass. It's going to be tedious to do this with the Derminator. You may want to opt for the A7 if you are just purchasing a device. You can move much faster that, but I wouldn't trust that you're getting exactly the number of needle strikes that it claims, and I don't know how it is with tearing. It would be nice if we could all buy Follica's device right now, but for now these are probably the two best options available to us.
Do you think you can make a video of how you would do it with the Dermanator 2 in action? So we can get a feel of how fast we have to go.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you just do it once per two weeks. This is a joke, they are just a new Brotzu lotion. Save your money and visit Reddit there is a lot of information on needling. There are papers suggesting though that needling leads to more hair loss long term.
Please post the links to those papers. We need evidence for claims like those

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on you are not going to record yourself naked, it's just your bald head everyone here is bald.
Or even on a piece of meat bought at the butcher. Buy one of those pig heads and he can do it on that. They're very similar to humans.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am trying to find the paper, I do some thorough search and always forget to keep history cause I always use phone. There is a doctor who did this and basically explains how long term microneedling leads to a far worse reaction. I remember it was on Reddit and he has his own web page, it wasn’t some retarded paper. It was well done, I’ll look it up tomorrow as well. I also can’t find the paper that was talking about the enzyme in the body that is responsible for fat, which finasteride alters in the liver and that’s why users get fat, it isn’t the estradiol. Believe it or not, I had my e2 levels checked while on propecia and they were lower than before treatment because the pill suppressed my pituitary (less T, higher SHBG, so less e2). I really need to start keeping bookmarks
I also ask because I have thoroughly looked for needling research papers regarding hair loss since a year, and I usually do this every month to see if something new have been published regarding this issue. I think I have read almost all the available papers (which aren't that much anyways, no more than 10), and I can assure I have never bumped into one that claims needling causes more hairloss in the long term.
I just searched again in Google scholar and found nothing. If you happen to find it someday, please post it here.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also ask because I have thoroughly looked for needling research papers regarding hair loss since a year, and I usually do this every month to see if something new have been published regarding this issue. I think I have read almost all the available papers (which aren't that much anyways, no more than 10), and I can assure I have never bumped into one that claims needling causes more hairloss in the long term.
I just searched again in Google scholar and found nothing. If you happen to find it someday, please post it here.

This poster is a troll...trolls everything negatively , don’t feed the trolls.

pikthem

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am trying to find the paper, I do some thorough search and always forget to keep history cause I always use phone. There is a doctor who did this and basically explains how long term microneedling leads to a far worse reaction. I remember it was on Reddit and he has his own web page, it wasn’t some retarded paper. It was well done, I’ll look it up tomorrow as well. I also can’t find the paper that was talking about the enzyme in the body that is responsible for fat, which finasteride alters in the liver and that’s why users get fat, it isn’t the estradiol. Believe it or not, I had my e2 levels checked while on propecia and they were lower than before treatment because the pill suppressed my pituitary (less T, higher SHBG, so less e2). I really need to start keeping bookmarks

Do you have any references to those papers on microneedling causing harm? I'm really interested in them if there are any. Your post seems like you just wanted to spread negativity but if you're being honest and have seen something I'd really like to know because I just started needling

I haven't noticed anything with finasteride that makes me think it makes you fat. I'm slender and I don't think I've ever had an easier time in my life maintaining a low body weight than when I was on finasteride, and I've been on it 4 years now.

recedingdude123

My Regimen
Reaction score
can someone shed light on the derminator vs dr pen a6? I bought the A6, which can operate from 8000 to 18000 RPM, or 133 to 300 hz. It seems this A6, on its lowest setting, is good enough to match the device proposed by follica according to the patent. am i understanding this correctly?

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can someone shed light on the derminator vs dr pen a6? I bought the A6, which can operate from 8000 to 18000 RPM, or 133 to 300 hz. It seems this A6, on its lowest setting, is good enough to match the device proposed by follica according to the patent. am i understanding this correctly?

My understanding is the follica device is running at 120hz = 7200rpm so a6 at its claimed 8000rpm seems a match tho the thing i don't get is if a6 at slow speed is a match why has there not been more accidental success stories ? I may buy a a6 and do a side buy side test on a4 paper at 2cms/sec and see the wounding pattern compared to a Derminator.

recedingdude123

My Regimen
Reaction score
My understanding is the follica device is running at 120hz = 7200rpm so a6 at its claimed 8000rpm seems a match tho the thing i don't get is if a6 at slow speed is a match why has there not been more accidental success stories ? I may buy a a6 and do a side buy side test on a4 paper at 2cms/sec and see the wounding pattern compared to a Derminator.

thats a good question, but most of what i have read online about microneedling for hair loss seems to say it should be 1.5mm once a week (2x as deep, 2x as frequent) and as far as specifically for the dermapen, i saw it suggested to use it on the maximum speed. I just tried this supposed follica method last night, and it was definitely a much different feeling on the scalp compared to what i had been doing previously, and less blood

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thats a good question, but most of what i have read online about microneedling for hair loss seems to say it should be 1.5mm once a week (2x as deep, 2x as frequent) and as far as specifically for the dermapen, i saw it suggested to use it on the maximum speed. I just tried this supposed follica method last night, and it was definitely a much different feeling on the scalp compared to what i had been doing previously, and less blood

Indeed i tried the 2mm 1.5mm 4 or 5 pass last year thinking i was hero i rather enjoyed it 15mins after i was fine, this im 7 or 8 hours out from todays go after uping from 0.5 to 1mm from two previous trys follica style with less data and i feel it bruised/burned. even hurt my teeth grimacing have a feeling waking up in the morning will be fun pain wise. interesting i notice the cartridge was a bloody mess /tissue collection wheres as before twice the depth it was just pink at worse but normally clean.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Indeed i tried the 2mm 1.5mm 4 or 5 pass last year thinking i was hero i rather enjoyed it 15mins after i was fine, this im 7 or 8 hours out from todays go after uping from 0.5 to 1mm from two previous trys follica style with less data and i feel it bruised/burned. even hurt my teeth grimacing have a feeling waking up in the morning will be fun pain wise. interesting i notice the cartridge was a bloody mess /tissue collection wheres as before twice the depth it was just pink at worse but normally clean.
so what did you try ? 1mm for like 30 mins whole scalp ?

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so what did you try ? 1mm for like 30 mins whole scalp ?
yea 30mins or there abouts i tried whole scalp 0.75 but i have v shape richard e grant /dan akroid type hair loss been going slow for 20 years so have alot of hair in the way slowing me down so uped to 1mm if i see results im shaving and doing things proper. it was not the walk in the park my 5 or 10 mins 1.5mm to 2mm sessions were

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
yea i tried whole scalp 0.75 but i have v shape richard e grant /dan akroid type hair loss been going slow for 20 years so have alot of hair in the way slowing me down so uped to 1mm if i see results im shaving and doing things proper.
But how long did it use to take ? and how long does it take now ?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can’t believe I can’t find the fcuking paper yet. From the little I remember, the guy behind it is a scientist and the paper said that microneedling in the long run causes sort of an aggressive inflammation. For a fact I know guys in my life that have tried 1.5mm and ruined their hair while others did 0.5 and claimed a positive result. Back when I was solo trying to needle, I did grow a lot of baby white hair but nothing more until I got bored of it and stopped it. A moron called me troll but I promise u I’m not. The paper exists and the guy behind it even has a web page, it’s surprisingly informative and makes absolute sense. I WILL keep trying to find it, this wasn’t a google search, it was far deeper.
Every decent and well known peer reviewed article should be able to be detected be Google scholar. If you can't find it that way, then it was probably an obscure piece of information that hasn't been formally published and is therefore unreliable. That is what your "far deeper" actually means. Not trying to argue against you, I'm just inviting you to consider that whatever you read back then wasn't probably a good source of it's that hard to find.