Follica In Combination With Fue Hair Tranplants

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering. If you need relatively big wounds for Follica's method to work, wouldn't this be a nice addition to hair transplants? I mean, surgeons could potentially use the compound on the patient while performing FUE to recover some of the donor area, and essentially repeat indefinitely as needed.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about applying the compound to the freshly wounded area, not the scar.

phoca_thumb_l_donor%20area%20after%20extractions.jpg

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The FUE punch is too deep and will create scar tissue regardless if the compound is there or not on the wound.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's a good point Folliman. We cannot compare barbarian FUE from years ago to FUE nowadays.... FUE is evolving with smoother extraction. Who knows?
Any1? ; p

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
FUE is 3-4mm in order to extract the follicle, you are guarnteed to create scar tissue. Follica is not some magic solution that will prevent scar tissue being formed. Follica wounding is removing a very thin layer of skin via abrassion.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
The compound does reduce scar tissue though. I think this is at least worth a study just to see what happens.

I found this on the Follica patent:
In humans, dermabrasion was performed by planing to an approximate depth of 2 mm about halfway through the dermis of the facial skin and the formation of vellus hair follicles was observed (Kligman, 1956, J Invest Dermatol 27: 19-23). These findings have not been translated to clinical regimens for treatment of hair loss.

Last edited:

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a worthwhile idea but FUE extraction sites may close too quickly. What could be done is a strip harvest, and leave the donor site partially open and apply topical. Wouldn't recommendl it yet though...

Follica actually suggested this process in one of their patents.

Last edited:

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
The surgeon could have an assistant do it while he takes the grafts. If I ever go the hair transplant route, I'll ask for this as a special request.

KO1

Established Member
Reaction score
It's probably more worth discussing than Brotzu lotion, Replicel, Histogen or praying to Tsuji.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
Who knows, and is it even worth discussing? Are you going to do a study in your basement once Follica is released? People ask questions here as if researchers/doctors are cruising for ideas or gonna answer. No one here can answer your question.

Lets see if/when Follica even gets released before we talk about using it as part of a combination therapy.

Yes, it's worth discussing. You can learn a lot from discussions even if you don't get your original question answered, you just have to keep an open mind.

I'm not getting FUE anytime soon. I'm just throwing out the idea in case Follica gets released and someone gets FUE. Who knows? It may help them, and it may give us a better clue in understanding male pattern baldness wether it works or not.

I'm also putting it here in case we have a chance to interview another researcher and I'm not around at the time. Someone else could ask for me.