Follica, Histogen, A&G all flawed

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
All these treatments are based on flawed initiative. They just grow the same DHT prone hair even if they are successful.

Intercytex takes DHT resistant hair from the back of the head instead of same old frontal hair. This seems the most worthy goal, maintenance free hair.

You will probably have to keep taking Propecia to keep the Follica hairs.. I guess if it gives me more hair either way, its good but I'll pay more to be able to get off finasteride.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think any of them will pan out.
ICX-TRC seems to be the subject of the most pessimism around here, while Histogen before the lawsuit garnered the most optimism.
I don't think (unless you're a scientist with intimate knowledge of all three procedures) you can say that Follica/Histogen will not work. I believe Follica is trying to create new hair follicles. Whether or not they would be subject to DHT remains to be seen. Theoretically, they are new follicles, so they may not be subject to DHT, they may be, and if they are, we don't know on what time line (i.e. are they new follicles that think they're new born baby follicles? If so, are they ok for 20 years or so?). I have no idea about Histogen. I think they were also trying to regenerate hair follicles, so who knows.