Follica - Good News!

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
that's an unknown amsch.

I heard someone connected to Follica say they expected the hairs to be DHT resistent but we can't know for sure yet.

diffuse propecia

Established Member
Reaction score
If the case is that the follicles are not DHT resistant, I have heard some people say that we could receive the treatment every 6 years ( example) and constantly have a fresh batch of hair on our head, but i doubt that would be possible, would not creating new sets of follicles again and again leave no space for any new ones, would not the scalp skin get congested with all the new and dead follicles every time the procedure is repeated?

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
that's a good question. skin is always turning over though. i believe i've read that many years after a follicle has miniaturized, it disappears entirely.

there's also always ASC-J9, which should be out before too many more years, which supposedly will desensitize androgen receptors.

between the two, we may have something.

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
jakeb said:
that's a good question. skin is always turning over though. i believe i've read that many years after a follicle has miniaturized, it disappears entirely.
there's also always ASC-J9, which should be out before too many more years, which supposedly will desensitize androgen receptors.

ASC-J9 WON'T be out for at least 2 years! They have just finished phase-II and NEED to do a phase-III, which means it will take at least 2 years before we see it in the market.

Also, ASC-J9 is NOT the holy grail of anti-androgen because it just degrades the receptor faster than it naturally would. Also, the receptors are continously being created in the body so applying ASC-J9 compound would Not completely eliminate the effects of androgens, just reduce it like finas/dutas.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how do we know those are new hair?

jay2k8

Reaction score
wtf is going on?!?!?!?! 71 pages. I cant go through all those pages Im going to loose all my hair reading them. In a simple form of explanation can someone explain this new drug??????

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
If you ask me...this can freely be news for local TV station....
I mean...look at these front hairs...if they weren't there before...
:bravo:

first

Established Member
Reaction score
I've obtained some of the EGF(r) inhibitor Follica uses themselves experiments mentioned in the patent (AG1478 compound). However I'm a bit hesitent to try it, since to my knowledge it has never been tested on humans.

Anyone with some further insight on the drug?

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the website (follica inc bio?) states that they should have some kind of an update next year, 2009. We probably won't hear anything until summer 2009.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
It haven't been the results that people where hoping on, but Baccy had some growth(at least thats what was said and it looked like he had some growth, but its impossible to be sure from pics)

I have more faith in the researchers and the tests they are doing at Harvard. After seeing an exciting documentary on Discovery about organ/body part regeneration it seems like researchers have entered a new mystical world of biology, and as many people have said: The immune system plays a MAJOR part of the regeneration process.

prewareq

Reaction score
Hello ,I'm new here.I have a tip concerning sanding."Pumice stones" are often used in beauty salons during the pedicure process to remove dry and excess skin from the bottom of the foot as well as calluses.The main advantage of using this instead of the sandpaper is the fact you can actually do a dermabrasion with no pain.All you have to do is to use it wet.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
prewareq said:
Hello ,I'm new here.I have a tip concerning sanding."Pumice stones" are often used in beauty salons during the pedicure process to remove dry and excess skin from the bottom of the foot as well as calluses.The main advantage of using this instead of the sandpaper is the fact you can actually do a dermabrasion with no pain.All you have to do is to use it wet.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

The bottom of the feet has a THICK layer of epidermis, and it can easily withstand pumice stone. Sclap has a thin layer of epidermis and it will hurt a lot, possibly bleed as well.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Do anyone know when/if they are releasing the results from their experimenting at Harvard?