Follica - Good News!

Orin

Established Member
Reaction score
By way of a similar forum:

http://www.3gchemist.com/product_detail ... hp&pID=349

generic Gefitinib (don't know if it's the Indian "GEFFY" or something else) - 30 pills, 250 mg for 320 dollars or so. Apparently does not require prescription, unlike all other sites I've looked at.

Seems legitimate for the price, though it is by far the cheapest I have found. As a concentrated topical, it should probably last quite a while, even if you need 10 pills for each batch. That's still just 100 dollars per sesson.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
Orin said:
*Harold*

I think you're right, and I would like to add that (though as bold as it may be) that it's really, at this point, about us (or me in any case) starting to implement things. I grew about 30 hairs give or take a few, on ONE run of dermabrasion with only some hard-to-solve lithium (orotate) in, quite frankly, gin of all alcohols.

Hardly ideal, but there you go :)

I do would like to ask you something, and that is if you think lithium (in any composition I guess) signals "the right kind" of WnT. Again, don't know much about chemistry and all that, but I do seem to remember someone posting that a certain WnT-signal (or is it a protein? Anyway, you know what I mean), I think called WnT-10 is the one WnT-signal in the skin that actually governs, or atleast strongly influences hair-generation (and surely regrowth also).
What are your thoughts on how lithium targets this specific signal? Lithium is talked about in broad strokes, and it's used because we really don't have anything more precise readily available. Perhaps it ups all WnT-signaling, but I recognize the danger of over-simplifying something as complex as the human body.

OK. Lithium mimics wnt7a. This is one of the wnt ligands that stimulates the "canonical wnt pathway". This means that it acts to increase the stability and hence the production of beta-catenin. So its effects are mediated via beta-catenin. (lithium is actually a GSK3-beta inhibitor and since GSK3-beta degrades beta-catenin thats why you get the build up of beta-catenin with lithium) The "non-canonical pathway" acts independently of beta-catenin and off the top of my head I dont know much more than that.

I have seen a coupe of studies that claim that wnt10b is the most important ligand for at least some part of the hair maintenace/induction process. However I also know that of the ligands tested that were ineffective/less effective wnt7a was not one of them. At any rate I dont think there is too much to be gleaned from it beyond that though I will post the relative abstracts below so people can make up their own mind.

Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008 Mar 7;367(2):299-304. Epub 2007 Dec 26.Click here to read Links
Wnt-10b, uniquely among Wnts, promotes epithelial differentiation and shaft growth.
Ouji Y, Yoshikawa M, Moriya K, Nishiofuku M, Matsuda R, Ishizaka S.

Program in Tissue Engineering and Department of Parasitology, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo-cho, Kashihara, Nara 634-8521, Japan.

Although Wnts are expressed in hair follicles throughout life from embryo to adult, and considered to be critical for their development and maturation, their roles remain largely unknown. In the present study, we investigated the effects of Wnts (Wnt-3a, Wnt-5a, Wnt-10b, and Wnt-11) on epithelial cell differentiation using adult mouse-derived primary skin epithelial cell (MPSEC) cultures and hair growth using hair follicle organ cultures. Only Wnt-10b showed evident promotion of epithelial cell differentiation and hair shaft growth, in contrast to Wnt-3a, 5a, and 11. Our results suggest that Wnt-10b is unique and plays an important role in differentiation of epithelial cells in the hair follicle.

Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007 Aug 3;359(3):516-22. Epub 2007 May 29.Click here to read Links
Effects of Wnt-10b on hair shaft growth in hair follicle cultures.
Ouji Y, Yoshikawa M, Moriya K, Ishizaka S.

Program in Tissue Engineering and Department of Parasitology, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara 634-8521, Japan. oujix@naramed-u.ac.jp

Wnts are deeply involved in the proliferation and differentiation of skin epithelial cells. We previously reported the differentiation of cultured primary skin epithelial cells toward hair shaft and inner root sheath (IRS) of the hair follicle via beta-catenin stabilization caused by Wnt-10b, however, the effects of Wnt-10b on cultured hair follicles have not been reported. In the present study, we examined the effects of Wnt-10b on shaft growth using organ cultures of whisker hair follicles in serum-free conditions. No hair shaft growth was observed in the absence of Wnt-10b, whereas its addition to the culture promoted elongation of the hair shaft, intensive incorporation of BrdU in matrix cells flanking the dermal papilla (DP), and beta-catenin stabilization in DP and IRS cells. These results suggest a promoting effect of Wnt-10b on hair shaft growth that is involved with stimulation of the DP via Wnt-10b/beta-catenin signalling, proliferation of matrix cells next to the DP, and differentiation of IRS cells by Wnt-10b.

From Wnt-dependent de novo hair follicle regeneration in adult mouse skin after wounding
"We discovered that hair follicle neogenesis following wounding paralleled embryonic follicle development at the molecular level. The regenerated hair follicles expressed KRT17, Lef1, alkaline phosphatase, Wnt10b and Shh (Fig. 1i–o), which is analogous to embryonic follicles10."
"We then asked whether overexpression of the secreted ligand, Wnt7a, in KRT14-Wnt7a (which targets the epidermis) transgenic mouse epidermis (Supplementary Fig. 6), would enhance hair follicle neogenesis following wounding. Wnt7a has been shown to maintain the hair-follicle-inducing capacity of cultured dermal papilla cells25. The overexpression of activated beta-catenin, an intracellular Wnt effector, in epidermis induces new hair follicles26, 27, and exogenous Wnt promotes formation of cysts with hair follicle differentiation28; however, to date, there has been no evidence that extracellular Wnt ligands can promote actual hair follicle neogenesis in adult skin. Wound closure (time to re-epithelialization) was normal in KRT14-Wnt7a mice. However, the transgenic mice developed over twice the number of hair follicles within the wounded area compared with controls (Supplementary Table 1, Fig. 4i, j, l, m). The increased hair follicle number was due to a larger area within the wound that developed follicles (18 plusminus 4% in controls versus 40 plusminus 15% in KRT14-Wnt7a mice, P = 0.05) at the same density as controls (Supplementary Table 2). Thus, excess Wnt in combination with wound healing potentiates regeneration of hair follicles, perhaps by altering cell fate and increasing the number of cells competent to produce hair."

Regarding my own experiments... I will probably do both temples, and a line all along my hairline where I do not have hair left, or have very wispy hair. This is just in case something with the TCA goes wrong - which I also of course will try out in different strenghts on other parts of my body, and perhaps in my sideburn or something, to see what an area with thick scalp hair looks like after treatment, and if it leaves the hair unharmed.

I won't pluck the hair beforehand; not because I don't think it helps, I know it does (it's scientific fact now, I suppose). But I'm trying to do this as painfree as possible, and given how I would look if I had to pluck the hair from the treated areas beforehand, and at the same time continue to exist inconspicuously in society, I'm willing to sacrifice whatever effect it has as of now. I remember reading something of a ten-fold net-gain, but that's in rats, so who knows.
For all we know, some deep needling all over the scalp might produce a similar effect, so that's probably what I will do - just in case. In the end, I'm willing to go through an additional 3-4 treatments to get the same results as someone who went ahead and plucked their whole scalp. As long as there's a steady gain, I don't mind.

When I get the chance I am going to try and look and see if there is a method of anagen induction that is less traumatic than plucking. I suspect I may have read something on this and forgotten it. But the whole 11 fold difference does sound nice.

I'm thinking about doing one temple with high-grade EGCG + lithium in an alcohol mix, and the other temple with EGCG mixed in water (or alcohol, I haven't decided. There is a question of absorbation into the skin). I think this is as "scientific" as it can get, since I am my own experimentation-ground and I don't have the luxury of dealing with "virgin-scalp", as both my temples have by now have gone through one pass of dermabrasion.

So it's possible, that if I get good results, that it can also be because I am on (at that time) my second dermabrasion, and the phenol-study showed that dermabrasion on average takes 3 passes (without any additives) before you get substantial - or "excellent" - results.

So yeah, it's all a mess really..lol. It's truly a home-grown thing, but given the circumstances, I think this is the best we can do. At this point, it's really about getting results to begin with, and THEN, if that goes well, we can get into the headache of trying to make an optimized walkthrough or guide or something, for those that are just about to jump into this. Anyway, that's months away, and I'm over-thinking, as per usual.

If I would allow myself to make any predictions, based on semi-substantiated data, and backed up (albeit not entirely) by the two Follica patents, I'd think this is the way things will pan out:

* Dermabrasion alone gets the (comparatively) worst results

* Dermabrasion + lithium gives better results.

* Dermabrasion + lithium + caffeine gives better results.

* Dermabrasion + lithium + caffeine + some manner of EGFR-inhibitor such as EGCG gives better results.

* Dermabrasion + lithium + EGCG + caffeine + minoxidil (if they don't cancel eachother out) gives better results.

* Dermabrasion + lithium + EGCG + caffeine + minoxidil + DMSO (if the "no disinfectant thing" doesn't hold water) gives better results.

I think caffeine is going to be largely ineffective. (I hate to say that as I know you bought a whole bunch). EGCG should theoretically be helpful. I think minoxidil will be quite helpful when combined with wounding. What ever factors that it upregulates that prolong anagen seem to predispose to the creation of more hair follicles. I dont think DMSO will have any effect though it might make everything else, particularly lithium and EGCG penetrate better and more effectively.

If I had to guess, I think that is the order of effect, but I'm fully aware of how wobbly that 1+1 logic is, and there are probably a myriad of ways each chemical interacts with eachother. But as a very, very rough game-plan, I think that will suffice for now, and right now I'm at stage two, with meager, but clearly visible, non vellous hair as a result. The results, if any, on my right temple which I treated with lithium + caffeine (stage 3), should come in at about 3 weeks from now.

I shudder to think of the color that final potion will be though - pure witch-doctor.

I am interested if anyone canthink of a better way to wound/dermabrade areas that still have hair than using a brush with very fine bristles and possibly a metal brush that i have acquired (for cleaning BBQs :) ). Sandpaper and nail files are gonna take off hair also while these will at least let hair (I have buzzed it recently - very glad I did btw) move around the bits as they scrape at my poor suffering scalp. Might try a peel type thing later.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
harold said:
I think caffeine is going to be largely ineffective. (I hate to say that as I know you bought a whole bunch). EGCG should theoretically be helpful. I think minoxidil will be quite helpful when combined with wounding. What ever factors that it upregulates that prolong anagen seem to predispose to the creation of more hair follicles. I dont think DMSO will have any effect though it might make everything else, particularly lithium and EGCG penetrate better and more effectively.
Caffeine activates shh, which plays an important part in hair regeneration, I would definitely stick with caffeine if available.

The hedgehog (Hh) family of intercellular signaling proteins is intricately linked to the development and patterning of almost every major vertebrate organ system. In the skin, sonic hedgehog (Shh) is required for hair follicle morphogenesis during embryogenesis and for regulating follicular growth and cycling in the adult. We recently described the identification and characterization of synthetic, non-peptidyl small molecule agonists of the Hh pathway. In this study, we examined the ability of a topically applied Hh-agonist to modulate follicular cycling in adult mouse skin. We report that the Hh-agonist can stimulate the transition from the resting (telogen) to the growth (anagen) stage of the hair cycle in adult mouse skin. Hh-agonist-induced hair growth caused no detectable differences in epidermal proliferation, differentiation, or in the endogenous Hh-signaling pathway as measured by Gli1, Shh, Ptc1, and Gli2 gene expression when compared with a normal hair cycle. In addition, we demonstrate that Hh-agonist is active in human scalp in vitro as measured by Gli1 gene expression. These results suggest that the topical application of Hh-agonist could be effective in treating conditions of decreased proliferation and aberrant follicular cycling in the scalp including androgenetic alopecia (pattern hair loss).

superhl

Reaction score
Can someone respond with links to all the meds we need to do this. I would love to try but not sure about where to get these items. I know everyone is testing so nothing is concrete but a list would be helpful. thanks

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Orin said:
By way of a similar forum:

http://www.3gchemist.com/product_detail ... hp&pID=349

generic Gefitinib (don't know if it's the Indian "GEFFY" or something else) - 30 pills, 250 mg for 320 dollars or so. Apparently does not require prescription, unlike all other sites I've looked at.

Seems legitimate for the price, though it is by far the cheapest I have found. As a concentrated topical, it should probably last quite a while, even if you need 10 pills for each batch. That's still just 100 dollars per sesson.

Interesting. :bravo: That is by far the cheapest. The site seems unlikely to be a scam purely based on the weird range of products they sell. Tetley Tea Bags?

joemadrid

Reaction score
I think I am not going to use ARAVA due that I have read is a PARTIAL EGF inhibitor, so I think I will go to buy Gefitinib pure. My question now is the dosage of a mix using minoxidil and Gefitinib... what dosages can we use? What % of ethanol. purified water and propylene glycol is better?

Also would like a tip about WNT thing. Lithium doesn't convince me. Is any drug that touch the correct WNT to increase beta catenin?

Also I am thinking in take Arava orally and use Gefitinib topical, but do not know if this can be bad.

We need to rethink a bit the process until try. I can easy access to drugs and chemicals, but would like to chat a bit more about the dosage, because we all know the theory, but is not the same than prepare the chemicals and mix it.

My plan is to try at the end of this month, because I will be home alone all next month.

chain

Reaction score
joemadrid said:
I think I am not going to use ARAVA due that I have read is a PARTIAL EGF inhibitor, so I think I will go to buy Gefitinib pure. My question now is the dosage of a mix using minoxidil and Gefitinib... what dosages can we use? What % of ethanol. purified water and propylene glycol is better?

Also would like a tip about WNT thing. Lithium doesn't convince me. Is any drug that touch the correct WNT to increase beta catenin?

Also I am thinking in take Arava orally and use Gefitinib topical, but do not know if this can be bad.

We need to rethink a bit the process until try. I can easy access to drugs and chemicals, but would like to chat a bit more about the dosage, because we all know the theory, but is not the same than prepare the chemicals and mix it.

My plan is to try at the end of this month, because I will be home alone all next month.

Would you please describe how exactly do you intend to go with the procedure step by step.

Thnaks in advance.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
first said:
harold said:
Caffeine activates shh, which plays an important part in hair regeneration, I would definitely stick with caffeine if available.

Shh is definitely a good thing - can you make the link between cafeine and Shh though? Have never heard this before.
OK I guess it comes from this.

Caffeine induces sonic hedgehog gene expression in cultured astrocytes and neurons.
Sahir N, Evrard P, Gressens P.

INSERM E 9935, Hôpital Robert Debré, Paris, France.

Caffeine affects early in vivo murine brain development by accelerating the evagination of the primitive neuroepithelium into telencephalic vesicles. In this model, caffeine induces the expression of the regulatory subunit alpha of protein kinase A (PKA RI alpha) and of Sonic hedgehog (Shh). The understanding of the molecular mechanisms linking caffeine and neural gene expression would benefit from a reproducible in vitro model. Accordingly, the present study aimed to determine whether caffeine modulated the expression of these genes in primary neuronal and astroglial cultures derived from developing murine neocortex. Using real-time PCR, the results showed that caffeine induced robust overexpression of Shh mRNA in both cell types without significantly modifying PKA RI alpha gene expression.

I dont think we can conclude from this study what effect caffeine will have on hair and skin follicles in terms of Shh release. I'm real iffy on caffeine as a helpful substance. That study about testosterone and caffeine was not very reassuring in terms of the dose response effect ie more caffeine is worse than less caffeine. IIRC the higher doses may have been worse than no caffeine at all.
hh

Orin

Established Member
Reaction score
God. I accidently pressed control + R and deleted a wall full of my jabbering.

Oh well, no big loss really I suppose :)

To summarize - the results of my second dermabrasion are slowly coming in. Their lenght suggest they started growing almost immediately after skin-distrubtion. This just confirms that disturbing the skin (scalp skin) will force hair out from a resting phase, into an active phase. I will monitor this area closely in the next week, and the week after that. If I get any new hair, they should present themself at that moment in time.

The new hair (about 15 or so) grow exacly after my old hairline, and not down towards the area where I have never had any hair before. To put it short - I don't think lithium does much. I don't think caffeine does much.

Or rather - I think the absolute most important thing in creating NEW hair, is an EGFR-inhibitor. I got my salary today, and on monday I will order a peel-agent and some high-grade EGCG. I very much doubt it works as great as Gefitnib (and variants of it) do, but it's worth a short. It's cheap enough that it has to be tried. It would be incredible if it works though, as it is both cheap, and not a "controlled substance " (for people in countries such as my own, whose customs are notoriously diligent. There is absolutely no way that I can get Gefitinib unless my doctor prescribed it).

I have some before-photos to go after, and if in my endeavours I actually grow some cosmetically significant hair, I will absolutely keep you guys posted. But yeah, I think lithium, caffeine, minoxodil and similar substances are of significantly less importance than the key - the EGFR-inhibitor.

based on what I've got so far, I will definately try to find a way (hopefully through a scalp peel) to dermabrade my scalp and do this every third month or so. It's a small gain, but for the time you put into it, it's worth it. Atleast in my book. And if you hold the studies to be true, the hair awoken from their resting phase, will stay in the "active" phase longer than usual if they were awoken by wounding the scalp-skin.

Oh, and this might be of some interest to you - I seem to have gotten similar results this time around with my dermabrasion, but this time, I didn't go nearly as deep. Conveying depth of dermabrasion is almost impossible on a forum, and because everyone is different, you just have to experiment for yourself. But my first dermabrasion (done 2 months ago) I can still see a faint outline, whereas my last dermbrasion (done a little over two weeks ago) bear no trace.

So if you're just going after the "forcing hair into an active phase " - you only need to lightly damage your scalp. Aim for a severe sun-burn, or border-line second-degree burn. The difficulty in my conveying just how deep to go, is one of the reasons why I think it is so important that we find a dermabrasion acid of adequate strenght. I sand-papered the area enough to look really irritated, and the whole thing started flaking on the fourth day. Day 2-3 I got a crust.

If anything, I would actually discourage people from using sandpaper - unless you've already gained some skill in using it on other parts of your body - it is very, very easy to go too deep and leave a mark that will last you for months. The first time I did it, I did it on my arm, and I stopped when I saw microscopic traces of blood. This was over half a year ago, and the area is still very visible. I wouldn't be surprised if it will last me a couple of years untill it fades.

Not trying to scare you off, but rather keep you informed of the realities of what you (might) be doing. Forcing sleeping hair into an active-state demands very little disruption. Hopefully the creation of entirely new hair-follicles doesn't demand any more.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
Orin said:
If anything, I would actually discourage people from using sandpaper - unless you've already gained some skill in using it on other parts of your body - it is very, very easy to go too deep and leave a mark that will last you for months. The first time I did it, I did it on my arm, and I stopped when I saw microscopic traces of blood. This was over half a year ago, and the area is still very visible. I wouldn't be surprised if it will last me a couple of years untill it fades.
I tried it on my arm first as well. It didn't help much though to try it there though, as the skin on my arms is much thicker than the skin on my head.

I think as long as you go deep enough but do not cause any blood shed, you are on the right track.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score

Its worth noting that there are various typse of sendpaper. Dont use light coloured sandpaper that carpenter would use on wood.

the best to use from my knowledge would be the finest grade of "wet and dry" sandpaper. its is generally black in colour and is what people use to touch up their car's body work before re-spraying... its pretty smooth to touch unlike traditional sandpaper where you can feel big lumps of glass glued to the sheet.

Orin

Established Member
Reaction score
I used a very smooth/fine kind of sandpaper. Anyway, this is all a moot point, as you can only mechanically dermabrade areas where there is no hair. Unless you shave your head at every session, in which case it's fine, but it demands a dedication few - and certainly not me - can tolerate.

Even if you get some hair after the first try from slick bald, you've already backed yourself into a corner that prevents you from dermabrading and adding topicals in a stealthy fashion. Depending on how much hair you can get/want, this shaving your head every 2-3 months could take well over a year; especially if we find a way to mimick the creation of entirely new hair, that need that probably need to cycle atleast once, which in itself takes about a year unless I'm wrong.

I understand why we use sandpaper right now; it's for experimentation on a small, controlled area. But I'm trying to think ahead. It would be better to find a way to dermabrade your scalp while keeping your hair growing during the process. Not only is it more convenient, and gives you a chance at something other than a buzz-cut look, but dermabraded scalp is very easily concealed with longer hair. Nobody seemed to notice when I dermabraded either of my temples - I just shifted hair-style accordingly.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
joemadrid said:

Why doesnt lithium convince you? I dont know of anything else that has been shown to increase beta-catenin. Certainly not something so relatively easily obtainable.
hh

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
Orin, did you look into peels? I'm strongly against sand papering...I don't know who originally came up with this idea but I would never do it. Don't you think there is a reason why spa's use dermabrasion & chemical peels instead of going on someone's face with a sandpaper? By nature it's uneven, which could lead to micro-scars thus ruining the scalp to begin with.

Again, I'd strongly recommend a chemical peel like Salicylic Acid (10%), they're gentle and effective. Also, the peeling wouldn't last more than 3-4 days, and shouldn't damage any hair either (i'm researching that).

As of lithium, there is host of research showing lithium activates WNT signalling, maybe the way you're applying it is not effective or getting enough into your skin.

Orin

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup, I'm probably going to order some TCA (50%, to be halved when I apply it) tomorrow, along with high-grade EGCG (Teavigo seem to be highest, and the one supposedly used in many green tea research experiments).

Sandpapering was an idea some other forum invented back in April, after Follica's patent was first released (I think it was April). Because the patent was vague and mentioned a lot of different dermabrasion-techniques, someone argued that a felt wheel can be substituted with sandpaper - and voila.

It was (hopefully) never thought of as a tool to use for anything but the smallest of areas, like we're doing now. For testing and such. I will look into other peeling-agents, but TCA at about 20% seem to be (from photos and down-periods) at the correct level of damage. My only concern is how TCA, and indeed all peeling-agents, react to scalp hair. Don't want to accidently lose any of what I already have.

I don't know if you caught my long-winded last post on page 37, but I spoke of the results from my second dermabrasion (with sandpaper) that I did very gently. Basically, it was completly healed after 10 days, and I see no trace of it now (two weeks after), where as I can still see a vague shadow of my original temple-dermabrasion, which went deeper (and was made almost 2 months ago I believe).

The point I'm trying to make is that hair are starting to come in (about 15 of them), and that it appears as if you only need to lightly disturb the skin for it to shake some life into sleeping hair.

Even if we completly fail - and surely hope we won't - to approximate a method of creating entirely new hair, we can always fall back on the effect disturbing the skin has - preferably through a peel. From what I can tell it alone seem to be a regrowth-method that rivals, if not surpasses, minoxodil, which is great.

And if you have any left, you can just throw it on your face and get rid of some fine lines :)

first

Established Member
Reaction score
How is the TCA peel? Is it liquid or more gel-like? As if it is liquid it may be very difficult to apply it in the correct area.

Orin

Established Member
Reaction score
As it can be dilluted, I'm pretty sure it is in liquid form. It shouldn't be any harder to apply than when I applied lithium. I didn't just pour it all over, I lifted my hair in sections and applied with a Q-tip between hair. TCA "frosts" after a few minutes, as it is a self-controlled peel.

As long as you don't apply more than one layer at a time, you should be fine in doing the scalp bit by bit, avoiding areas that are already frosted, and thus no longer actively peeling. That's as far as I know, as I'm browsing around for a good place to buy it from, and perhaps some other peel. Still don't know how it fully interacts with hair though, which is a concern.

EDIT: It seem glycolic Acid in about 70% strenght counts as a medium peel, atleast if used several times, which might not be ideal. The whole thing about Follica is not about gradually getting better quality of skin, but to make a wound in the skin that sets off stem-cells.

Don't know about the strenght of salicylic acid. Scalp peels on some other forum used both acids, but at about 15% strenght, which is very superficial. This was way before the whole Follica thing, and was basically substantiated by nothing at that point. However, it should stand to reason that these two acids will not burn off your hair, hopefully regardless of their strenght.

I also have to once again complain about the complete nonsense that is the peel/"beauty"-part of the internet, in terms of sellers. There seem to be no end to miss-information; not to even say anything about the avalanche of contradicting statements WITHIN each site. TCA can apparently come in technical, pharmaceudical and reagent grade, and there seems to be no clarity which each company is selling, as some of these grades have additives in them that are carcinogenic. Instead, they keep using words like "purify" and "beauty" and "flush out toxins".

God - people who don't know what they're talking about, and despite that continue to blabber on irritate me to no end. At the moment I'm torn between TCA and some very high concentrations of Salicylic/Glycolic acid. The latter are about half the price in terms of volume, but again.. don't know if it removes enough of the skin to get a light wound. I'm not looking to superficially "unclog my pores so the toxins can come out".

Gah!

joemadrid

Reaction score
Chemical peels are the way to go. I have use my dremel tool in my leg and its is impossible to obtain a clean abrasion without tons of blood.

EDIT: Also... does anyone know about liquid nitrogen? I think they use it to kit skin marks.