Folica Microneedling Process - Replicating With Derma Pen

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you people really spatting over this? FFS.

Maybe the follicles are standing up a little straighter or more uniformly after a needling session. That would be a skin effect, not an effect on the hair shaft itself. But it could give the impression of healthier hair. This would explain it just fine.

The scalp skin would be reddened after a needling session. That might look darker, which would visually imply denser hair coverage. Maybe that's a contributing factor too.
Makes sense as I assume muscles around hair shaft can get more erect due to secretion of PGD2

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FFS dude why are you arguing about this, get a life.

Think about why I was able to come up with explanations for the anecdotal report, and you couldn't.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You weren't. None of that makes hair thicker.

No sh*t. I never said or implied that the rolling could really cause healthier hair shafts. I suggested factors that could mistakenly cause that perception.

Work on your reading comprehension.

If anybody is tricked by the things you said that's their own stupidity.

Now who is insulting other people?

We aren't talking about optical illusions here, we're talking about thicker hair. Besides, the APM wouldn't make your hair stand up from dermarolling, and the scalp redness doesn't typically last for more than 24 hours and only makes the balding more obvious.

Were the original observations claimed to last more than 24 hours?

Direct quote from earlier in the thread:
I'm not talking about hair being thicker or suddenly sprouting all over... I'm talking about a temporary effect where my hair looks healthier immediately post rolling that I don't experience post needling.

Think about why you curse people for arguing about something, and then proceed to argue about it yourself.

Number of (previous) comments I've made in this thread that could be perceived as remotely abrasive to anyone in any way: Two.

The first one was a minor flippant thing, not directed at any single person, and followed by paragraphs of on-topic stuff.

The second one was in response to you directly attacking me.

Last edited:

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you people really spatting over this? FFS.

Maybe the follicles are standing up a little straighter or more uniformly after a needling session. That would be a skin effect, not an effect on the hair shaft itself. But it could give the impression of healthier hair. This would explain it just fine.

The scalp skin would be reddened after a needling session. That might look darker, which would visually imply denser hair coverage. Maybe that's a contributing factor too.

I wouldn't waste your time mate, but appreciate you at least taking the time to consider how this could feasibly happen.

Sadly there's too much negativity on here, and people not willing to accept annecdotal findings even if it's from multiple people... Their egos are too big to consider anything outside what they believe.

I never usually post on here, or even visit... Left years ago after having success on Dutasteride and didn't feel the forum really had much to offer other than bitching and people being not very friendly (not all but enough to not want to stick around).

I think a lot of people with success leave once they're on track for that reason too.

I know what to do regarding needling now, and rolling... I will just get on with it and see what happens, but I've got far more important things in life to focus on than dealing with some of the personalities in here.

Again appreciate you actually thinking about what I'd said in a more positive light, shame there's not more like you on here

And with that I'll pop back on in 5 years again to see what cures have fallen by the wayside, and what's supposedly coming out in the following 5

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
What a cry baby lol

"No one's agreeing that my hair looks better after needling so I'm leaving". If you can't handle opposing views then hair loss is the least of your worries man.

Don't let the door hit your *** on the way out.

Nothing to do with being a cry baby, just can't be arsed with immature internet warriors, and all your post has done is confirm my thoughts about some of the posters on here... Enjoy being a sad f*** trying to score points on an internet forum because that's all you have to make you feel good, I'm off to live my life.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste your time mate, but appreciate you at least taking the time to consider how this could feasibly happen.

Sadly there's too much negativity on here, and people not willing to accept annecdotal findings even if it's from multiple people... Their egos are too big to consider anything outside what they believe.

I never usually post on here, or even visit... Left years ago after having success on Dutasteride and didn't feel the forum really had much to offer other than bitching and people being not very friendly (not all but enough to not want to stick around).

I think a lot of people with success leave once they're on track for that reason too.

I know what to do regarding needling now, and rolling... I will just get on with it and see what happens, but I've got far more important things in life to focus on than dealing with some of the personalities in here.

Again appreciate you actually thinking about what I'd said in a more positive light, shame there's not more like you on here

And with that I'll pop back on in 5 years again to see what cures have fallen by the wayside, and what's supposedly coming out in the following 5

Thanks.

These 'new research' forums always stir up the sh*t. Following cutting edge research means having one foot in the tested/established science and the other foot in murky waters.

It's not unlike conspiracy theories. Lots of people get more emotionally invested in their opinions than the evidence justifies. It's the nature of the beast. It's all worthless bullshit except when some piece of it turns out to be 100% true periodically.

As for THE CURE, I've been surfing hair loss forums for many years. My gut feeling is that if the Tsuji operation doesn't start turning out something solid pretty soon (maybe 1-2 more years) then we are staying bald for the foreseeable future. I've also been a longtime Follica fan but this first round of product doesn't seem that impressive. I was hoping we would see more anecdotal success with it from forum members this year.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These new research forums also tend to attract people with scientific backgrounds who like our options and results evaluated as objectively as possible. It doesn't mean we're great at it but when people come along and suggest obvious physical impossibilities it goes against what many users in this forum stand for.

If someone wants to talk about how good they feel after needling because they're suggestible, there are simpler communities for that.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These new research forums also tend to attract people with scientific backgrounds who like our options and results evaluated as objectively as possible. It doesn't mean we're great at it but when people come along and suggest obvious physical impossibilities it goes against what many users in this forum stand for.

If someone wants to talk about how good they feel after needling because they're suggestible, there are simpler communities for that.

That's not the point, or at least not mine.

I get frustrated when "scientifically minded" people spend more time & effort to ridicule a strange observation than it would have taken to just think up a logical explanation for it. On a personal level it's childish/bullying.

It also demonstrates the wrong mindset for doing science. That attitude is all wrong for solving problems or making constructive progress of any kind. (You know what mindset is more scientifically useful? Being aware that an observation seems illogical, and reporting it to the community anyway.)

Last edited:

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not the point, or at least not mine.

I get frustrated when "scientifically minded" people spend more time & effort to ridicule a strange observation than it would have taken to just think up a logical explanation for it. On a personal level it's childish/bullying.

It also demonstrates the wrong mindset for doing science. That attitude is all wrong for solving problems or making constructive progress of any kind. (You know what mindset is more scientifically useful? Being aware that an observation seems illogical, and reporting it to the community anyway.)

I'd agree but the observation we're talking about has zero merit either way. It's not objective. Nor is it a strange observation. It's the same old bs that comes up over and over, it's really no different from "I've been on finasteride for 6 hours and my shedding seems to have slowed down" and it goes against all good reasoning.