Folexen - Month 3 pictures

Gee

Reaction score
These are my pictures from day 75 of using folexen.

• 2 caps morning and evening as directed
  • Nizoral and Minoxidil also used
  • Age 33

Baseline
B-Line 4.jpgB-Line-2lr-Optimized.jpgB-Line 3-(2).jpgB-Line 1 (2).jpg

Month 3
Month 3-4.JPGMonth 3-3.JPGMonth 3-2.jpgMonth 3-1.JPG

Subjective thoughts
  • Hair seems to be thicker - especially on top of head - perhaps small improvements to Vertex - less scalp visible
  • More "good hair days"
  • Can't be totally certain though - improvement could be psychosomatic maybe.

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
wth? this seems to be actually working, i have a 4 month unused supply, now im tempted to get on this

Gee

Reaction score
Improvement small but definitely seems to be "real".

Now just need to sort out the greys...

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
i don't mean to dampen morale but it looks the same to me, just his hair at the front looks longer. would've been better if you had taken a photo when your hair is wet and of your hairline from the front/side.

Gee

Reaction score
Yes - it's minimal. Slight thickening perhaps.

Took the photos at work as the lighting/location is always the same (no natural light). ...but hence not much scope for wetting hair - might look a bit odd!

Sparky4444

Reaction score
The jury is still out for me...I have been taking Equol since mid-late August....I have lost hair in front, absolutely -- the fine hairs that were destined to jump anyways...new hairs have not popped up in its place...it would seem some of hairs have gotten darker, but at this point I am uncertain...

...I do agree, though, I have had less bad hair-days -- I'm wondering if some of my healthy hair has gotten that much more stronger, maybe?? I don't know..gonna ride it out....I think with DHT blocking, you need to go at least 6 months...

Gee

Reaction score
Sparx4444 - I've not seen any new thick hairs. No regrowth that I can tell - the only * subjective* feeling I have is of slightly thicker, "healthier" hair. But it's just on the cusp of being noticeable. Don't want to over-egg it too much or bias people's opinions - hence I try to only post minimal information and let people make up their own minds based on the photos.

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
Good results but hard to say where they really came from. nizoral alone can give those results and so can minoxidil, let alone combining the 2 together.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Gee, the best way to tell if improving, cut the hair back to the same length it was before usage. That way you can tell if you are getting regrowth or not. The scalp would be less visible.

Gee

Reaction score
Hi there rwhairlosstalk

I've keep my hair the same length for the last couple of months, so hopefully next month will be a more accurate comparison.

Hello Azuri

I was maintaining on nizoral/minoxidil anyway - so only very gradual shedding in the baseline. However hair was definitely getting thinner and more "unhealthy" feeling over time as I'd been suing nizoral/minoxidil for over 10 years now. I didn't experience a noticeable shed on Folexen - maybe it happened and I just wasn't aware of it.

At the moment I'm just using as directed and trying to think about it as little as possible -trying to be as objective as I can be about it as don't want to fool myself or get placebo results!

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
folexen is now defunct.

if u want to continue this i have pure equol powder, 30 grams.

im not currently using it because im using dutasteride because im too neurotic to risk losing more hair on unproven treatment, and i see no point in using equol with dutasteride because i know dutasteride works.

it would be good to see what 100-200 mg could do for you over the course of a few months. it would be good for us to know if equol has potential vs Androgenetic Alopecia and someone not using another antiandrogen is the ideal person to test it on.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
So far, after over 3 months, Equol has done nothing for me at all...not even slowed down ....over 20mg/day, lately 30 mg/day...non lavora ...

abcdefg

Reaction score
Anyone can make a new account on a forum and post 10 or 20 quick replies so they can make a credible story with pics trying to show their product works. Pictures do not prove anything at all someone can say they used this but really used propecia or countless other things to regrow hair. These kinds of things are kind of meaningless because its not proof of anything. Use the proven treatments first and if that fails use the next most proven things in this case maybe topical spironolactone, dutasteride or something like RU. This would be pretty far down the list in terms of likely to work

Gee

Reaction score
Hi abcdegf

"Anyone can make a new account on a forum and post 10 or 20 quick replies so they can make a credible story with pics trying to show their product works"

Well... er... yes they could. Except it's not my product - and given that the producers of Folexen have ceased to trade it'd be a slightly odd, and rather pointless thing to do, wouldn't it?

I make no claims about Folexen (in fact I would point out that it hasn't achieved any regrowth for me that I can detect) - I'm simply posting pictures with the bare minimum of information so that people can make their own minds up... Or not.

It's my - admittedly belated - attempt to inject an empirical approach to the Folexen debate which was raging a couple of months ago. Nothing more, nothing less.