Foam or liquid ?

badday

Reaction score
I want to start with minoxidil.Which is more effective foam or liquid ?

Thanks !

redtan

Reaction score
Their exactly the same solution, so technically they should be the same. But there are other factors that influence their effectiveness. Some say that foam dries too fast and doesn't get absorbed into the skin as much as liquid (which takes like 2-3 hours to dry completely). So by that, I would say that the liquid will get absorbed better into the skin.

Tho I've never seen a study as to how much is absorbed in each application percentage wise between the two, so go with what's more convenient for you. If you can afford to put on liquid twice a day and wait around for a couple hours for it to dry (and don't mind your hair being greasy for that time) then go for that, it will work better. But if you don't have that kind of time, then go with the foam, it won't make a huge difference.

badday

Reaction score
thanks for the answer redtan. I have very short hair so its easy for me to use the liquit.The point is if there is a study to approve the foam is better than liquit and vice versa

for now i think i will go with the liquid which is cheap (kirkland)

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
I was on the liquid for years, I switched to foam and lost alot. I am now back on liquid and things got alot better. I will say there are some here that switched to foam and got great results. Everyone responds different.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
You are right, foam is way easy. I loved using it and wish I responded better to it. It sure beats having liquid on my headfor hours. lol

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm loosing out big style now after making the switch to foam about 6 or 7 months ago. I will be switching back to liquid asap. I always had my doubts though. If this product was so good why don't they sell it in the uk!?

Where do people buy their liquid from?

Cheers

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
They sell Member's Mark, it is the same as Rogaine brand at 5%. It's a club store so you have to be a member. You can also get it at Walmart, it is $18.00 or 19.00 for 3 month (not as good of a deal).