Foam not for receding??

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Crap!, just noticed this on a rogaine site about the foam.

Do not use if your amount of hair loss is different than that shown on the inside of this label or your hair loss is on the front of the scalp. 5% minoxidil topical foam is not intended for frontal baldness or receding hairline

Sh1t!! so what can we use to try and get the temples back? Any advice?

kaner529

Reaction score
the foam

It works...I was skeptical at first cause it made no sense to me that it would say not for frontal baldness and or receding hairline, yet people on here have seen positive results from it. Well you can add me to that list. The only advice I can give to you is that the shed from using the foam in the front is no worse than just using it on the crown, but it is MUCH more noticeable. Dont let that get you down though because there is no scientific reason that minoxidil would permanently destroy the hair follicles. The hair comes back thicker and new hairs are growing on my hairline as we speak.

kolaios

Reaction score
Me too... At first I did shed a bit in the hairline and I did freaked out!!!!

But now I am growing a lot!!!!

I am very exited about the FOAM!!!! Works much better!!! smels great and it acually works as a mose... for styling.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm using Spectral DNC only on my hairline and so far still losing hair although the hair that is there is darker and thicker. Only been a month, just wish it wold hurry up and get a thicker hairline back. becuase its topical it should work anywhere there are hair follicles. The Spectral info recommends it for frontal use as the best way to get hair going..

kolaios

Reaction score
Nick4441 said:
I'm using Spectral DNC only on my hairline and so far still losing hair although the hair that is there is darker and thicker. Only been a month, just wish it wold hurry up and get a thicker hairline back. becuase its topical it should work anywhere there are hair follicles. The Spectral info recommends it for frontal use as the best way to get hair going..

Waht is Spectra DMC????

I have never heard of it!!!!

please tell me abou it/

G

LOL. Don't trip out man! Use the 5% foam. I have been on minoxidil for almost 3 years and I only use it on my temples. My temples were receded and thinning and they filled in nicely after a several months on minoxidil.

I got hair growth from regions that were almost slick on my temples and thin regions turned thick. Overall it was a great cosmetic improvement. I can't wait to finish up my bottle of liquid minoxidil and use the foam, it will be much easier on the temples since it doesn't drip down all over the place.

Good Luck!

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I wish my orders would arrive!, there is a problem with the post service in my area the last few months. Bills have gone missing etc.. Just want to get started asap

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The only reason why they put the disclaimer regarding the frontal region is because no studies were done at the temples, only on the crown but like a few posters have said before me, you can get a positive result if applied to the frontal region. IT's not scientifically backed up.