Foam F'ing rocks!!

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
Well as some of you guys know I ran minoxidil for 4 months from September-December and had mild diffuse thinning and thickened up my hair considerably in the four months and then not knowing sh*t yet, I quit thinking finasteride would keep my hair as I didn't want to have to keep up the minoxidil so I shed miserably for four straight months and got back on minoxidil(foam this time) around the end of March. My hair went so bad and was even way worse then when I started minoxidil back in September and it really pissed me off. I am now 3 months into minoxidil and the regrowth I am getting is unreal. I already had a good hairline at around a nw1.5 I was just diffusing behind it and I can notice a difference in thickness now and when I pull my hair back and let it fall forward it literally looks like a chia pet of regrowth coming in with the regrowth being about 1/2 inch and the rest of my hair being around 2". This hair is still not as thick as the rest of my hair but I expect it to thicken up in the next month or two and get the same length as the rest of my hair. I really should notice a huge difference in thickness in the next month or two I'm hoping. I am amazed at how much regrowth I can see coming in. It looks like I might make a full recovery. :)

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm happy for you man, I have encouraging results with the foam(been 3 months on it) either.

God bless the foam. I wouldn't have started minoxidil if the foam wouldn't exist.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You should take and post pics lucy and rec I also would have never have used minoxidil if it wasnt for the foam. I bought the liquid version one time and when I bought it I read the instructions and it said it would take few hours to dry and so I could not see myself doing that for the rest of my life. I held on to the liquid version trying to see if I could convince myself to do it, but I couldnt so I returned it and luckily either the foam coincidentally came out shortly after that or I just didn't know about it back then.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't really have any before pics and everyone says I'm not balding anyways because I still have a lot of hair and its just diffuse thinning, but I'll try to get a close up of the growth coming in. Like I said, its still thinner hair but I'm guessing it will thicken with a few more cycles maybe??

RaginDemon

Reaction score
foam restored my hairline as well....density is my main concern now.

good to hear the good news bro, I hope things will get even better for you!

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm with you on this one, brother! FULL recovery imminent.

Foam is unstoppable

Grows it back and without taking up hours of your day, might as well be weak hair mousse.

WOoo Hooooo!!!!

Best hair since I was a teenager.

G

you should buzz your hair down closer to teh regrowth length. if you think your regrowth can ever grow to match the length of your native hair then you are wrong. it will always be behind because hair grows at a set rate. match it so it doesn't look ridiculous to people

congrats on regrowth

i am also enjoying the FOAM

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
i must say foam has really been good for me 2 so far, at first i was not sure but now its clear that my temples are alot lower with hairs. they still need to thicken up a bit but for only 3 months im very happy, i think if you can regrow hair in 3 months you have a very good chance of turning those hairs terminal in less then 6. i think the key to filling in temples is for sure the big 3 catching it very early and being consistent with the foam. i think if you have had no hair on ur temples for a good 5 years foam will not do much but for you, younger guys in your 20s foam should be able to bring back alot of your hairline.

i also agree with jay once you see alot of regrowth with your hair line you should get a hair cut so your new hairs can be close to the same length as your other hairs so it doesn't look dumb. what also might help with new hairs on temples is msm should help thicken the hairs up a bit and grow quicker.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just shaving mine, and I'm going to buzz it here again tommorrow, but I haven't shaved it for a month, and the way it looks now is crazy great!

People are coming up to me and asking what's the matter with other people's hair, it happened today.

I promised myself though, that if I ever got my hair back to where it should be, and it looks to be in a matter of months, that I would never be an a**h** and would stick up for those lesser fortunate. I will always remember their pain.

On to the finish line!

Even if we don't get a cure in five years, I'll be perfect until then.

signed,

Happy again.

I never took real pictures but I think in six months I'll put together the best thread I can to show the difference. It'll be pretty startling, I guarantee it.

I'll find some old shots of me and take some fresh ones.

G

Finish line,

Starting foam is one of the best decisions I've ever made. I just know it's gonna do wonders for me because I've only been on it a week and my hair already feels thicker. Not lying. My hair already feels thicker and I feel like the hairs on top have thickened up. No regrowth but the hairs are definitely thicker. I can't wait to see where I'm at in 2 months.

And I swear I can feel tiny stubble coming in between the hairs on top. It feels all nice and prickly to my fingers touch. You guys may think I'm nuts but it just feels thicker than it did only a week ago. And it's not just Rogaine thickening it up cause it's mousse like or whatever, because I've been using it a week and I didn't feel this until today.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
man, it's the craziest feeling in the world, especially after already being on regimen for three years, and for balding slowly over 14 years. ( very slowly, but enough to be utter misery - diffuse thinners have it worse than receders, I think. receders just get it over with, however, diffusers grow it back!)

jayMan, if I could high five you, I would. This is vindication.

lucy923

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
you should buzz your hair down closer to teh regrowth length. if you think your regrowth can ever grow to match the length of your native hair then you are wrong. it will always be behind because hair grows at a set rate. match it so it doesn't look ridiculous to people

congrats on regrowth

i am also enjoying the FOAM

Jayman, what I mean is that it is at 1/2 inch right now and is growing faster and getting longer every day, so on my next haircut all the hairs should be at the same lenght. This is what happened on my last bout with minoxidil too. I could see the regrowth shorter until it grew out and I got a haircut to level them all off, then I could not see the shorter regrowth as they were all the same length. It's the process you will go through too as you start to see new regrowth. :D

Hairloss_in_bed

Reaction score
Just started on my 2nd can..... i've been using all sorts of topical over the course of 6 years since my hair loss started and i can say that foam is the most effective topical ever.... just one month in it and my temple hair are visibly and i mean really clearly thickening up... the difference of before and after foam is tremendous! and it's been just one month!!!!!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Hairloss_in_bed said:
Just started on my 2nd can..... i've been using all sorts of topical over the course of 6 years since my hair loss started and i can say that foam is the most effective topical ever.... just one month in it and my temple hair are visibly and i mean really clearly thickening up... the difference of before and after foam is tremendous! and it's been just one month!!!!!

the first 4-5 months seem to be the first response phrase, after that things slow down a bit.

Curly2bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I just did my 4th application today, I'm really not sure about this stuff(I'm a little worried about the possible extra shed) but you guys give me so much hope.:)

Hairloss_in_bed

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
Hairloss_in_bed said:

the first 4-5 months seem to be the first response phrase, after that things slow down a bit.

Well if i can get on with it for a year i can imagine pretty good regrowth all round.... i am still admiring my temple everyday wondering how those vellus hair turned thick in such a short period of time.

bathtbgin

Reaction score
I used the foam for around 4 months a while back and have begun using it again. While the results are fantastic, its dries quickly, and its incredibly easy to apply, there is still one problem that makes me want to stop using it again. The smell, i can't stand the foams scent. I dont know if its something they add to it or if thats just the way that the chemicals end up smelling but its almost too much for me. My girlfriend cant stand it and makes me switch to the liquid whenever i'm around her.