Foam bumps?

u120

Reaction score
I have been using the foam for 2 wks now and just noticing lots of tiny bumps on the front hairline scalp. Anyone else have this effect, and any reccomendations? They were itchy during the night.

Cassin

Reaction score
Thats a common side effect of nizoral from over use and since your using revita....that extra problems since both have keto. Thus the bumps. Your slamming your scalp with too much medication.

u120

Reaction score
gotcha, thanks....I assume while I am inflamed with this condition I shouldnt apply the foam?

Cassin

Reaction score
u120 said:
gotcha, thanks....I assume while I am inflamed with this condition I shouldnt apply the foam?

Yeah I would go ahead take a break from everything for a few days. It won't hurt your progress.

In my opinion keto should only be used twice a week since it is so hard on the scalp and the hair follicle. So if you use Nizoral Monday then use Revita Thursday and then Monday again with the Nizoral and so forth.

Going over board with treatments will get you nowhere as you are seeing. Too much and you simply go backwards.

Also, its always good to follow a keto based shampoo with a nice conditioner to re-hydrate the scalp and follicles.

I have had this a few times over the years, no worries. Just take it easy. The tenderness of the bump goes away fast but the bump stays for quite sometime in my experience.

Best of luck.

u120

Reaction score
Just to make you guys aware since corresponding with Cassin, I have figured out what caused these inflamed pimples on my scalp. I used Revita and Nizoral 2% on back to back days....DONT EVER DO THAT!

u120

Reaction score
Just an update on my situation...As Cassin reccomended, I did nothing for 3 days...total clear up of bumps and itch...thank God! Back to the Foam today.

canton province

Reaction score
Hi, I have this problem and was wondering what else people are doing to cure it. I'm 100% positive it's the rogaine foam rather then over using Nizoral in my case. I get severe itching and raised bumps on my scalp. I never had an itchy scalp before I started hair loss treatments. I stopped using Nizoral for about 3 weeks, while continuing the foam. The problem only got worse.

Has anyone managed to cure this or should I drop the foam? I've been on it for about 4 months, along with finasteride for about the same length of time.

Thanks

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral

Does this mean I should always use a conditioner after using Nizoral? I currently never use conditioner and I only use Nizoral once a week. Does everybody use conditioner after Nizoral?? Later