Foam application questions

judemc13

Reaction score
Please help:

Guys, I just have a couple of quick questions in regards to minoxidil Foam application:
1.) Does your hair have to be dry when applying?
2.) Can I apply it at night and then shower the same night before I go to bed? Mainly asking, does it wash out? Do I have to leave it in for an extended period of time for it to soak in and work, before showering or swimming or whatever?
3.) Does my hair have to be washed to apply? Meaning, say I put it on after my shower (w/dry hair) in the morning, THEN, I get home from work and don’t shower before I go out that night, can I apply it to hair that has product in it and hasn’t been washed since the first dose of minoxidil in the morning?

Your help is appreciated…just trying to get the most I can out of this product. finasteride already gave me man-yams

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you need to leave it in for 4 hours before washing your hair, it takes time to absorb into your scalp. your hair should be dry when applying it. your hair does not have to be clean to apply it, i wash my hair every second day so i have 3 or 4 minoxidil applications in there.

judemc13

Reaction score
re

Thanks for the response...genuinely

So 4 hours is the "for sure" time frame needed to absorb, correct?

Snoogans

Reaction score
i put it in with damp hair, my hair absorbs less this way

water in an ingrediant in rogaine so i dont see any harm

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
If your scalp is wet you may get more absorption into the blood stream and hence more sides.