Foam and liquid together?

1PunchBob

Reaction score
Hi, i know there has been a few posts already about people having difficulty apllying foam when they have hair. My hair is quite long but thinning at the crown and on top. When i apply i think most is wasted in my hair. So need to know how to apply better and also do you think if i used foam in morn before work and liquid at night, i still would get some good results? Thankyou for your time and any help :punk:

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes (BUMP!) good question, can anyone answer this?

I have been thinking of starting foam in the mornings and liquid at night. At the moment I'm just using liquid at night, but since I keep my hair fairly short and don't wear it in any elaborate style, the foam would probably be good for styling it before work. (and maybe grow more hair!)

Also, can you apply Rogaine foam onto wet scalp and hair?

Bryler

Reaction score
Maxpwr said:
Yes (BUMP!) good question, can anyone answer this?

I have been thinking of starting foam in the mornings and liquid at night. At the moment I'm just using liquid at night, but since I keep my hair fairly short and don't wear it in any elaborate style, the foam would probably be good for styling it before work. (and maybe grow more hair!)

Also, can you apply Rogaine foam onto wet scalp and hair?

Pfizer says dry scalp. That being said I tend to apply it right after a shower and towel-drying my hair....and have had no ill effect by doing so. I believe the dry-head thing is to decrease the chance of side-effects which may arise through too rapid of an absorption. This is just conjecture on my part, however.

I have embraced the residue left on my hair and use it as one part in a two-stage styling method. It actually adds volume because it attaches to your hair....but it can make for a puffy-fro when dry. After it dries I then apply a styling paste to my hair tips. I basically get a nice piecey-soft-spikey look (I really do get lots of random compliments) at the tips of the hair but since the part near the scalp remains in foam-fro-mode it hides my scalp and appears very full. I actually now prefer to have the foam in my stying ritual rather than not...which is good for treatment compliance.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my old regimen was Spectral DNC before bed and Foam after my daily shower.

I had fine results.... because of costs i just use all foam now and have for the past couple months.

Honestly i don't think it matters.... minoxidil is minoxidil.

I'd think you would want to apply to the scalp when it is hydrated but not soaking wet as a hydrated scalp absorbs more then a dry scalp. So like after you get out of the shower and towel off ... wait a few minutes and let it dry some. As far as your hair ... that really doesn't matter ... the goal is to get it to your scalp .. anything on your hair means nothing. So if you do it with wet hair your just going to get wet hair mouse results for styling.