flutagel vs fluridil

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
Which do you think would be more effective?
Are they have simmilar way of working?

are they 5a-reductase inhibitors or antiandrogens?

I am using fluridil at this moment but $120 for two months supply is little steep for me.
I am really satisfied with the way my hair looks like now. My temples have rounded up and everything has thicken all over. I use finasteride and fluridil which I thin is best way to stop hair loss. I am not talking about regrowth here I dont need that as my loss was recent and I got most of it back and it's still improving. Should I risk it and buy flutagel instead of fluridil or just keep with this regimen cause it's working so well?

JWM

Reaction score
Stick with what's been working with you.

Plus, have you ever considered the fact that your results are from the finasteride and NOT the Fluridil? When did you start both treatments?

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
I for one will be trying flutagel, If I was you I would wait a good 6 months to see what people say about the flutagel as it's very new and people still may get sides or just no results. If your doing ok now there is no hurry is there?

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
I started them almost at the same time so yeah I have no prove. I just based my regimen with fluridil on some very good reviews. I think I should stick with it cuz it's working really well but then again It may be just or mostly propecia doing its magic. I am looking for the best topical antiadrogen and I thought fluridil was the best, based on reviews. But now that Flutagel came out and it seems cheaper than fluridil and possibly stronger I might just try it. Damn I don't know.

dave25

Reaction score
Newbaldy84 : Unfortunately enough, I also think the results you got are from finasteride not fluridil...Theoretically you'd better have started using one product at a time.... because now you can't really tell which one is getting the job done.....
anyway on principle I would stay off systemic finasteride : it ain't worth messing up with your dht serum levels given the reflex hyperandrogenicity you'll get.... in short once you start finasteride you can't stop it and .........get used to popping a pill for the rest of your life ... of course unless you want to lose all your hair very rapidly ...........

dave25

Reaction score
I meant to say that propecia users should stick with finasteride... until something as effective as ascj-9 or RU is finally released....

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
dave25 said:
I meant to say that propecia users should stick with finasteride... until something as effective as ascj-9 or RU is finally released....

Flutamide is meant to be as powerfull as RU

abcdefg

Reaction score
a lot of treatments on paper should be very powerful and really male pattern baldness should be able to be prevented since we have known for decades androgens are the main cause.

rand21

Reaction score
The problem is more with the delivery, really. A lot of these drugs can inhibit DHT 90 % in the local area, but obviously they're not getting through.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
hairsucks said:
dave25 said:

Flutamide is meant to be as powerfull as RU

Sure, but that's not really the point. The point is that topical RU58841 has a powerful LOCAL antiandrogenic effect, and flutamide doesn't (at least according to most of the animal studies). The "local" effect is the key to whether or not an antiandrogen is useful for male pattern baldness.