FLURIDIL ...............

THFC

Reaction score
Why is it that on hairsite there are like 50 pages worth of topics on fluridil and peeps experiences, and on this..hardly any..well yeh there are some, but dramatically less then on hairsite.com ........ why is that?...... is hairsite.com regulated?....but anyways on hairsite there seem to be so many more positive views on fluridil..obviously some not so great, but alot of positive ones........was just wondering why not so many peeps talk about it at such lenght on this site?

DaPlaya

Reaction score
THFC said:
Why is it that on hairsite there are like 50 pages worth of topics on fluridil and peeps experiences, and on this..hardly any..well yeh there are some, but dramatically less then on hairsite.com ........ why is that?...... is hairsite.com regulated?....but anyways on hairsite there seem to be so many more positive views on fluridil..obviously some not so great, but alot of positive ones........was just wondering why not so many peeps talk about it at such lenght on this site?

easy,...different sponsors for different sites :lol: :lol:

Petchsky

Reaction score
DaPlaya said:
THFC said:

Don't know if that's a joke but it's wrong. Can a corporate sponser stop you making a post on this forum saying Fluridil is sh*t, or Fluridil is the bomb.

The answer is no, not on this site. I wouldn't post here otherwise!

Most people on this site use the big 3 and advocate using the big 3 to newbie's. Hence, most posters on this site don't use Fluridil unless propecia didn't work for them or they want to go a different route.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DaPlaya said:
THFC said:

yes,...i agree...HairLossTalk.com has to support Nizoral propecia and Rogain... i'm sure that if they pushed the greatness of fluridil there would be more users.

i would say the ratio of happy users of the big three to non happy users of the big three (on this web site) side more towards the negative reports.

compared to other sites that promote fluridil i would say that from those who are regular guys trying it out the ratio would side more towards positive reports.

i would like to see what would happen if HairLossTalk.com started to give good reviews to fluridil.

Petchsky

Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
i would like to see what would happen if HairLossTalk.com started to give good reviews to fluridil.

Simple. Instead of people trying different things after propecia they would try Fluridil before say, Revivogen or spironolactone, due to reading good reviews. *probably*

I don't see any reviews of Fluridil on here, negative or positive, except people's own experiences. I'm not sure about it personally...Not heard enough about it. Didn't you use Fluridil?

Petchsky

Reaction score

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have been using it for a week and a half straight now...i am not going to say that things are going well because i have done that in the past with propecia, revivogen and right after things get crappy. i will say this though....it is the easiest topical to use. takes me like 5 mins.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
anyway...what i'm trying to say is if HairLossTalk.com was sponsored by mens pharma or who ever sells fluridil i think there would be a lot more posts about fluridil since HairLossTalk.com would be pushing it on us more...as for now HairLossTalk.com's opinion on fluridil comes under "experimental" and is no where near proven treatments like minoxidil and propecia and revivogen. We see posts about the 'big three' and revivogen because those are the products that HairLossTalk.com is sponsored by.

other sites like Hairsite.com has links on their page to a fluridil site. I think it's more likely that these hair loss product sites sponsor Hairloss forum site and the forum sites listen to their reasoning why thier product works and then start to promote it on their site.

maybe once the guys at eucapil start to publish some studies on their product...maybe HairLossTalk.com will catch on and start to promote it....which would lead to more posts about Fluridil...!

so far it seems pretty promising...my only complaint is that if i stay out in the sun too long my scalp goes a little yellow :? ...i notice it because i shave my head with the number 1 setting

1derphull

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont go out in the sun with your head exposed after using that stuff, the turning yellow effect has long been known. Just wear a hat if you're gonna be out there a long time.

Anyway, aside from the joke, I've been using fluridil for a little over 2 months and it stopped my loss. I was losing hair like a madman before that.

As to regrowth, I cant say because I started minoxidil again and Retin-a and some of Dr Proctor's products.

THFC

Reaction score
yeh i read on the other site, llots of good responses on it..when i say good i mean stopped hair loss...not a great deal of sucess with regrowth..but hey stopping hair loss is a good thing..n once u can stop that, then u can work on regrowth......n thanks every1 for their opinions...i never knew some sites were sponsered by propecia/nizoral/minoxidil....informative

1derphull

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone who knows about hairloss knows that an antiandrogen won't give u lots of regrowth. Just think of them as a way to prevent further hairloss.

A

Administrator

jimmystanley said:
anyway...what i'm trying to say is if HairLossTalk.com was sponsored by mens pharma or who ever sells fluridil i think there would be a lot more posts about fluridil since HairLossTalk.com would be pushing it on us more...as for now HairLossTalk.com's opinion on fluridil comes under "experimental" and is no where near proven treatments like minoxidil and propecia and revivogen. We see posts about the 'big three' and revivogen because those are the products that HairLossTalk.com is sponsored by.
This quite simply is bullshit. I am about to institute a rule that anyone who implies this site's standards and ethics are influenced by financial sponsorship will be immediately banned without trial or jury. In two seconds I could have Fluridil advertising on my site. And hell, maybe I will, because out of about 200 snake oils out there, at least Fluridil doesn't qualify as a full-on Snake Oil.

But lets do a little simple math Jimmy. Between $500 and $1000 a month. This is how much nearly 200 snake oil companies out there are willing to pay me right now to sell their product or advertise it on my site. How many Bentley's could I be driving *tomorrow* with that kind of money? I could buy one bentley a month for one lucky HairlossTalk user just for the fun of it. But I also couldn't sleep at night, knowing that my users were being harmed with misinformation.

So think twice before you imply that anything we say or do is motivated by our sponsors. I recommend products based on information obtained by people who actually research them and their percent chance of helping treat hair loss. That is my only criteria. Merck is the only sponsor on this site and they play absolutely no role in what other products I praise or criticize. If they did play such a role, they would not be allowed on my site as a sponsor. Its that whole integrity thing, go figure.

Your facts are also erroneous. Revivogen is not lumped together with Propecia and Rogaine on this site as a proven treatment. Please read our product reviews section. We are also not sponsored by the makers of Rogaine nor the makers of Nizoral, which is 2/3rds of "The Big Three", so there goes your theory right out the door ... with about 2 seconds of actual thought put into it. We don't even sell Nizoral on this site. We tell people to get it at the grocery store. We tell people to use spironolactone all the time, and I personally use it in my regimen and we don't sell it or receive a single penny in kickbacks from Dr. Lee or anyone for it. Again there goes your theory.

Fluridil has been put under criticism because of its complete lack of properly conducted independently run studies. For someone like you who is so damn suspicious, why aren't you suspicious about the fact that the only studies ever done on the stuff were run by the people who are selling it? Not a single other scientist out there has even bothered with the stuff.

Nevertheless, I do not refer to Fluridil as a snake oil. Im just explaining why its lower on the totem pole than the abundantly studied ingredients found in Revivogen. Leave out the opinion, leave out the conspiracy theories, and focus on the data. I have even contacted the Fluridil people to see if we can work with them. The real problem with a site like this is finding the *legitimate* funding to continue running it since so many companies out there are snake oils.

Admin