Flaking from liquid minoxidil?

suicidedude

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it true that everyone who uses liquid minoxidil will flake very badly? Does everyone get huge flaking? Or does this only affect a number of them?

Does rogaine foam and Dr Lee's produce flaking?

And also, if I start flaking, I can just shampoo them off in the morning (after night application) to get them off right? And it won't reappear again when I do not apply liquid minoxidil during the day right?

Cassin

Reaction score
suicidedude said:
Is it true that everyone who uses liquid minoxidil will flake very badly? Does everyone get huge flaking? Or does this only affect a number of them?

No, not everybody sees flaking. I think there is a general misunderstanding that Minoxidil causes dandruff which is basically dead skin falling off the scalp, I think most "flaking" is simply minoxidil buildup.

When I used that garbage I could run my fingers across my scalp and pull off nasty flakes of that stuff. This happened when I tried both generic Minoxidil and brand name Rogaine. When I started using Folligen these flakes would be green..........good times....good times....

This is one of the many reasons I cannot stand the standard solution version of Minoxidil.

suicidedude said:
Does rogaine foam and Dr Lee's produce flaking?

Never happened to me once, nor can I recall others stating so either. At least when referring to Dr Lees item #500 or the Rogaine foam.

suicidedude said:
And also, if I start flaking, I can just shampoo them off in the morning (after night application) to get them off right? And it won't reappear again when I do not apply liquid minoxidil during the day right?

I believe so, yes. Give your scalp a good rinse and let the shampoo sit long enough to do it's job.

Also I must note this flaking was never a huge problem with me, just something that happened from time to time. Maybe I just used too much in one specific area.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with the liquid minoxidil. I have some flakes, nothing to be paranoid about but will switch to foam pretty soon when I finish the product.

suicidedude

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just afraid that when going out, I will start having dead skin from my scalp falling all over me. That would be a nightmare.

I was thinking of using liquid minoxidil at night and foam in the morning because I was afraid of less effectiveness of the foam due to my longer hair blocking the foam from going to the scalp.

You guys who have flaking, do you walk around with flakes falling all over the place everytime?