Flackos Beginning Hair Loss Treatment Journey 7-19-16

flackojodye

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am 24 and been looking on this forum for a while and now posting my journey. I probably started thinning and receding at 19 from looking back on photos. My hairline has receded and I can live with it but the front of my hair line going into the middle is thinned a lot and you can see through the hair when looking at my scalp from the front if that makes sense, maybe diffuse thinning? (sorry I don't know all the anatomy of the head and such). Anyways I am hoping to regrow/thicken in the front and maybe some hairline where it is not all gone yet and maintain what I have.

About a month ago I started on finasteride 6-13 to be exact. Little over a week later, 6-22, I began Rogaine Foam 5%, and Nizoral. It is a little over a month since finasteride and almost the one month mark of starting Rogaine.

Regimen is 1.25mg finasteride, 5% rogaine foam, and nizoral every 3rd day at the moment.

I have had no sides with finasteride but have seen an increase shed over the last two weeks (I read that a shed is suppose to be a good thing in this case so lets hope).

Will post pics soon when I can I just don't have access to them at this second.

Couple questions maybe you guys can answer for me:
1. When you see you start to see some regrowth/thickening
2. When did your sheds stop (both for rogaine and finasteride to help the maintenance)
3. Thinking of adding the liquid at nights because I read some have had more success when adding this.

Thanks! Wish me luck on this journey and if anyone has words of encouragement I would appreciate it!

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Couple questions maybe you guys can answer for me:
1. When you see you start to see some regrowth/thickening
2. When did your sheds stop (both for rogaine and finasteride to help the maintenance)
3. Thinking of adding the liquid at nights because I read some have had more success when adding this.

Thanks! Wish me luck on this journey and if anyone has words of encouragement I would appreciate it!

Started minoxidil/nizoral March 12, 2016. Started finasteride May 18, 2016

1. Noticed hairs popping up along edge of forelock about two weeks ago...some vellus, some appear to be terminal

2. Approximately 1.5-2 months into minoxidil/ nizoral noticed monumentous reduction in shedding (had not started finasteride yet). Still shed some here and there, but nothing close to the non-stop rain of hairs prior to starting treatment

3. I use the liquid at night, foam in the morning

I attribute success so far to minoxidil, but who knows.

I hope your journey ends with a full head of hair!

flackojodye

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a little over 11 months since I started treatment. Here are a few pics over the months. Appreciate some feedback from someone else's point of view. I know some of the photos hair may be little different length and the lighting isn't the same in every photo (I moved during these months) but it's all I have.

I tried to have similar poses in these pics as some others to relate too. Best I could do.

Pics 1 and 2 are the same week that I started treatment. Pic 3 and 4 are about month 5/6 (pic 3 is little longer hair and pic 4 is couple weeks later with a haircut). Pic 5 is from mid April and pic 6 is couple days ago to try and get a similar comparison to photo 3 with little longer hair.

Still using the finasteride 1.25mg daily. Been using minoxidil 2x day but last week and half have used it once daily with thoughts of weening off it and stopping minoxidil because I do not feel it has done much. My hair in the forelock especially is still very thin and feel like it isn't doing much and I feel like I'm thinning on top more too (especially noticeable when hair is wet).

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5655.jpg
    IMG_5655.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_5654.jpg
    IMG_5654.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_5641.jpg
    IMG_5641.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_5656.jpg
    IMG_5656.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_5653.jpg
    IMG_5653.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_5642.jpg
    IMG_5642.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 355

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are just applying minoxidil to your hairline ? or on crown too?
there is some improvement man! i would'nt drop minoxidil if i were you .

flackojodye

Reaction score
you are just applying minoxidil to your hairline ? or on crown too?
there is some improvement man! i would'nt drop minoxidil if i were you .

I apply it to both. Is the foam or liquid better? I don't know if I am having a set back or what or maybe I don't apply the minoxidil good enough and just sits in the hair but it just bugs me how thin my forelock is and like I said it looks terrible all over when wet.

Like I said in my first post I don't necessarily mind having some recession as it's receeded over last 5 years or so and way I wear my hair and my face it's not a terrible look for me but once my forelock and currentl hairline started to become thinner, weaker, and more transparent that's what I wish I could thicken back up somehow. My hair has always been naturally thin ya it's just thinning more.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and your crown is thinning despite being on fina and minoxidil ? you got crown regrowth ? bcause your forelock have improved man

flackojodye

Reaction score
I mean you can't about the top of my head when it isn't wet. When it's wet everything looks bad. Maybe I am, maybe I am not. Let me post a current photo of it normal and dry so you can possibly see

Attachments

• IMG_5681.JPG
    IMG_5681.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_5676.JPG
    IMG_5676.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_5678.JPG
    IMG_5678.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 241

flackojodye

Reaction score
I use it some in that location but my overall focus was my forelock so honestly I do not have a baseline to judge and I didn't really pay attention too much cause I have been so focused and concerned with the forelock and hairline with the hope of thickening it up.

I'm just hoping I can get some more growth up front.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
huge improvements

CrazyFrenchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Huge improvements but man, don't stop minoxidil, i've seen in a lot of thread that stopping minoxidil even if you keep finasteride will weaken your density !!