Five Weeks In On Minoxidil And I Have Loads Of Vellus Hairs Popping Up.

PostmanGreen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so I have been on minoxidil for 5 weeks and have loads of vellus hair where there was no hair or very little before and was wondering if this will turn into terminal hair. I have uploaded two pictures. The first one is before treatment the second 5 weeks in. It's all over my head and it wasn't there before I started. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20170902_110349.jpg
    20170902_110349.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 9,127
  • 20170902_110316.jpg
    20170902_110316.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 4,577

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately it will probably just give you the hair you lost recently back to terminal. You never
know. I used it at twenty, and it regrew my hairline. That said, Minoxidil only slowed down my hairloss.
It wasn't until I added Finasteride and Progesterone that my hair grew back.

Histogen will grow all vellus hair back to terminal. So I would not give up on trying to keep your
hair in a vellus state.

Histogen only lasts for one hair growth cycle (two to six years). That said, if you find the right combination of hair regrowth treatment and Minoxidil, you will only need one Histogen treatment.

Last edited:

PostmanGreen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info. So minoxidil on its own won't achieve this then ? My hair has been in this state for just under two years so is there a chance for just minoxidil to transform these back to terminal ?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info. So minoxidil on its own won't achieve this then ? My hair has been in this state for just under two years so is there a chance for just minoxidil to transform these back to terminal ?

The vellus hair that has color in it will probably turn terminal.

There are government studies with combined 3% Minoxidil and Finasteride, and men were able to get
good returns from that.

On it's own the terminal hair will last a few years.

Last edited:

PostmanGreen

My Regimen
Reaction score
The vellus hair that has color in it will probably turn terminal.

There are government studies with combined 3% Minoxidil and Finasteride, and men were able to get
good returns from that.

On it's own the terminal hair will last a few years.
When you say colour I'm guessing you mean blonde right ? And thanks for the information.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Meant the dark hair that is growing in on the hairline, and around the vertex, in the second
photograph from the left.

With both Minoxidil and Finasteride combined, I think you could go down to a Norwood three.
Your hairline will probably completely grow back.

The hair density on the vertex might not grow back completely.

You're definitely a good responder to Minoxidil. There just needs to be something to
stop the DHT.

Everybody is different. If you just started losing your hair recently (within the last five years),
you might be able to get it all back.

Last edited:

Distressed

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is amazing, considering diffused thinners tend to get great results. finasteride would probably boost/keep your results long term, but it's okay if you're willing to wait out on better, upcoming treatment.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@PostmanGreen

My last post didn't make sense.

I think the area covered would go to a Norwood 3 level.

You would get your entire hairline back, but not the entire vertex.

Does that make sense? (Male Norwood 3 is a bad hairline, but complete vertex hair).

Distressed

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is great bro! I am going to start treatment soon and looking for more threads like this. Rclark, are you suggesting that taking both is more helpful than just the one?
That's basically the key. finasteride blocks what's killing the hair, min gives it strength to become thicker/possible regrowth of dormant follicles.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is great bro! I am going to start treatment soon and looking for more threads like this. Rclark, are you suggesting that taking both is more helpful than just the one?

It's definitely more helpful than one.

They did government studies on men. The issue with the studies is they used men who were
just starting to lose their hair.

So the studies give best case numbers. Also, some of them stop at the age of forty.

For men and women who have hair loss for a long time, there recovery probably
isn't as good.

PostmanGreen

My Regimen
Reaction score
@PostmanGreen

My last post didn't make sense.

I think the area covered would go to a Norwood 3 level.

You would get your entire hairline back, but not the entire vertex.

Does that make sense? (Male Norwood 3 is a bad hairline, but complete vertex hair).
Yeah I think so. I think I'm just going to stick to minoxidil for now see how it goes. I am only 5 weeks in and it does say you don't start to see results until 12 weeks so going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. But thank you for all your help really appreciate it.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

You know it bro, it's DEFINITELY better. In fact, there's so much evidence
out their that Finasteride and Minoxidil compliment each other.

I'm gonna post pictures today to prove that!

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so I have been on minoxidil for 5 weeks and have loads of vellus hair where there was no hair or very little before and was wondering if this will turn into terminal hair. I have uploaded two pictures. The first one is before treatment the second 5 weeks in. It's all over my head and it wasn't there before I started. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EARLY Treatment is the key. Believe me, I SHOULD KNOW.

I waited TOO LONG to start Finasteride. Now I spend almost 300.00 dollars monthly
on keeping my hair.

Don't make the same mistake!

Here's my hair now, 280.00 a month later...

20170903_072129.jpg

PostmanGreen

My Regimen
Reaction score
I must admit I am a bit concerned about starting Finasteride as I have heard it can give men problems downstairs which are irreversible. But never the less I know I may need to to get he resluts I need.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I must admit I am a bit concerned about starting Finasteride as I have heard it can give men problems downstairs which are irreversible. But never the less I know I may need to to get he resluts I need.

Than just microdose. It might be a valid fear, it might not.

Remember, half is better than nothing!

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Minoxidil will NOT turn all of your hairs terminal by itself. You will find terminal hair surrounded by bald
spots. That happened to me. Trust me, I know this.

Once your follicles are dead, and DHT will eventually destroy any gains from Monoxidil, it will be harder
to regrow your hair.

Better to "bite the bullet" now, save your hair with microdosing, then to pay lots of money later down the road.

Save yourself the headache.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi :)
How did it turn out, did the vellus hairs become terminal or?

I am wondering since i am at the same 6 week progress as you, and yes plenty of vellus hairs..

PostmanGreen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well some of them did and it has a made a difference but only a small one to be honest. I have had a lot more terminal hairs coming threw but they are very thin compared to what my other hairs are. I have accepted that I don’t think it will get much better than what it is now but it’s a slight improvement.