Five/sixth Month Update On Finasteride

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been on generic finasteride for 5 months and my hair has been thinner than ever and gone to sh*t ever since I started taking it, however the shedding has stopped and I don't see any hair in the drain after I shower anymore (or at least much less than prior to finasteride)

My question is does it seem like I've been going through a shedding phase for the first 5 months and now my hair will start to thicken up or is finasteride just not working for me, what do you guys think?

Of topic: it kinda sucks how we now have to have 35 characters in titles of threads, maybe a mod could look into that?

DeadLine

Reaction score
It does indeed seem like a shed, which was also the case when I started taking finasteride.

A lot of people have said it and it's true but it might take up to two years before you see any significant results. The good news is that those hairs you shed will most likely return stronger and thicker than before.

I would recommend following the doctors orders and wait it out for at least a year.

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It does indeed seem like a shed, which was also the case when I started taking finasteride.

A lot of people have said it and it's true but it might take up to two years before you see any significant results. The good news is that those hairs you shed will most likely return stronger and thicker than before.

I would recommend following the doctors orders and wait it out for at least a year.

That's what I was thinking, but I'm not sure. I haven't even had any of the smallest side effects and the "male pattern baldness itch" still hasn't stopped, so for all I know finasteride could be having no effect on me and my hair could have just gotten thinner on it's own in the past few months, only time will tell I guess.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed thickening around month 6.
It's been doing nothing for my hairline though.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You've gotta wait it out. Give it 1 year and if you still see no progress, try something else.