fish oil

Reaction score
i take nordic naturals omega 3 liquid. Funny thing is I had stopped taking it about a month ago as i suspected it could be causing my hair loss, then after a month i decided things were getting worse so i added it back in my diet and man was i surprised at the difference if they could sell this stuff as a prescription they would make alot of money, ok maybe im hyping it up a bit, but it does work fairly well.

When i started up again i took 1 serving everyday, now its like every other day all you have to take is 1 teaspoon as its very concentrated.

Now i think ive narrowed the hair loss down to all the stress i wasnt able to handle since about the past 9 months, 2 jobs and starting a business and every where i turned there was problems i got more sick then i have ever been in my entire life, 1st time ive had to go to the doctor in such a long time that was in march, so i suspect that this has alot to do with it and have since backed away from all that i am not even working right now straight up vacation for next 3 months, and i just had a blood test for my thyriod levels, i have yet to see the results and now im changing my attitude towards life, i was taking things way to seriously, its ok to be serious, but not too serious its funny how easily we can turn the stupidest things into a life or death ultimatum. Which ever way the wind blows, be cool with that.

G

For the people who take fish oil, do you take it along with other supplements as well? Is fish oil known to block or compete with certain vitamins or supplements?

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
sum bald gai said:
For the people who take fish oil, do you take it along with other supplements as well? Is fish oil known to block or compete with certain vitamins or supplements?

No it will not compete, you want to take it multiple times per day I would also suggest adding in some GLA as well at some point.

G

what is GLA?
how about evening primrose oil, is that supplement only for women?

G

oh, omega six, that means it's the same as evening primrose oil
is it better to take fish oil(omega 3) and EPO(omega 6) separately or take those Omega 3-6-9 combination tablets? from what i know, you don't need omega 9....

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
the Last Fight said:
Ive been trying Krill oil which i supposed to be better ..

Krill is far far superior as it is not oxidized at all, so you do not have to take as much and further it has other benficial anti-oxidants

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
sum bald gai said:
oh, omega six, that means it's the same as evening primrose oil
is it better to take fish oil(omega 3) and EPO(omega 6) separately or take those Omega 3-6-9 combination tablets? from what i know, you don't need omega 9....

Usually how you want to do it is take your oils multiple times per day, if you want you can take them seperate or together, your choice.

As for the 9, simply pick up olive oil, or avacado oil, or grape seed oil, etc.

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to take the fish oil supps, i usually will take them with a meal. Just wondering if anyone knows what can max its absorption.

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
You can take it with anything meal or empty, The only thing that you can do is to take more ie up to 6 grams. Honestly thought IMO 2g is a great dose, there is no reason to go overboard unless you are not see/feeling any effects

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
i usually do take it with meal .. i think i might be having a lil allergic reaction to the Krill though, which would suck

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
You have to watch it with the fish oil supps. If you take in too much vitamin A it can be toxic.

oyo

Established Member
Reaction score
Tdevil said:
You have to watch it with the fish oil supps. If you take in too much vitamin A it can be toxic.

this only applies to cod liver oil. Which is cheap and has vitamin D too, but i prefer the pills since they have no taste.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Thats funny. I took fish oil and it did absolutely nothing. Its good for you. Why does everyone always want to believe some food will cure or change your life?