First Update In Over 11 Years - Irestore/alternative Treatment Feedback

Should I continue using the iRestore Helmet?

• Quit it ASAP

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Continue for 1 more month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Continue for 2 more months

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • See it through for 4 more months - (6 months for a true trial)

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Nizzer

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been over 11 years since I've posted on this forum, and have done a great deal of growing up. I've recently read all of my old cringeworthy posts and found my 33 year old self thankful for 10 years of hair that has graced my head. My 22 year old self was sure I'd be bald by now.

In the last year, things have begun to hit a tipping point. After a rollercoaster start-up lead to a sale, I decided to slow things down and find a solution outside of Propecia/Rogaine to aggressively make up for lost time by using an iRestore Laser Helmet. Propecia has previously messed with my hormones leading to a nipple lump and Rogaine slowed my cognitive functions to a stupor and caused intense headaches (11+ years ago). They were seriously unsustainable treatment options. So, when some money hit the bank 2 months ago, I moved forward on a laser iRestore which has subsequently caused scalp itchiness and a 1.5 month shed of hair.

Things are not looking very good these days. I'm struggling with two directions:

Con: I normally only experience hair sheds when inflammation kicks up in my scalp. This helmet treatment tends to cause minor inflammation and big sheds. I've tried to counteract this with eating an anti-inflammatory diet (no sugar/carbs), but am not gaining very much traction.

Pro: Effective treatments are supposed to cause short hair sheds as it gets rid of the old and welcomes the newer healthier hair. It's definitely done it's job in making me lose hair in a shed. My question is whether it will it ever return?!?

I've attached several images that outline the current state of affairs within my follicles. Definitely noticeable these days. Believe it or not, much more noticeable than 2 months ago.

I've also started the following treatments on a daily basis as of last week:

- Nizoral
- Zinc Supplement
- Biotin Supplement

In reading the threads on this site, I don't see much more love for lasers than I saw 10+ years ago. I selected this option as a last go at a hair loss treatment before selecting a surgical hair transplant surgery option. Appreciate any feedback you can provide on other alternative treatments and welcome you to take part in the below poll. Many Thanks!

Attachments

• right.jpg
    right.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 803
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 688
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 764
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 672
Last edited:

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
You look young.

I'm confused as to when you quit propecia? If it was 11 years ago, I'd try it again.

I put to quit the laser ASAP. I don't think they work.

Nizzer

My Regimen
Reaction score
You look young.

I'm confused as to when you quit propecia? If it was 11 years ago, I'd try it again.

I put to quit the laser ASAP. I don't think they work.

I see your point. Here's my post on my experience with Propecia from 11+ years ago. It's embarrassing, and the person who wrote it is now a stranger to me. However, I will say that I experienced 1) a sizable lump in my nipple 2) generalized cognitive fogginess. Not a way to live.

As a recent cancer survivor (diagnosed in 2016), I no longer see myself as a bulletproof 20 something. Beyond the push to hit goals at work (brain function requirement), I don't want to play mad scientist with my body as a human petri dish relying entirely on big pharma to have my back.

I see your point, and know that Propecia works wonders for some people. I'm just not sure I'm ready to roll the dice with this option again. I hope this makes sense.

Nizzer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback so far! Any additional thoughts on laser sheds or alternative treatments from anyone?