First Time Wearing Uts System - Hairline Issues

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I've just bought an UTS unit from Lord Hair. It seems pretty good quality and it's so nice having such a light unit on my head. I had a much more durable unit on before and I wasn't even able to feel the water from the shower with it, so this was a welcome change.

The only issue is the hairline. I've gone very conservative (perhaps too conservative on reflection, but I can deal with that). The hair at the front seems to come out in curls from the base, so there are lots of tiny hairs sweeping out in a very unnatural pattern. It's really hard to cover up as I have gone for a lower density, and I'm really worried that it's a total giveaway.

Any suggestions? I was thinking I could simply pluck the hairs out?

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Here it is. It looks innocuous but when I style it those hairs just will not do anything apart from poke out the front of the ststem. It looks really weird when styled

Attachments

• 9DBE2133-927F-44E1-99A7-CF7E4AE67A1A.jpeg
    9DBE2133-927F-44E1-99A7-CF7E4AE67A1A.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 256

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm I can't say I have the same issues with my UTS but it does look like you might just need to 'train' the hair to fold back on itself (bearing in mind that UTS is nearly always v-looped). Might be worthwhile getting some leave-in conditioner to help style the hair and to give it a light hold so that eventually the hairs get used to be folded back over (for lack of a better phrase).

Maybe also trying blow drying to train those hairs to fold back upwards, but be careful with the heat from the blow dryer.

I wouldn't pluck the hairs if I were you. If the hair is v-looped then plucking will leave a bit of hair in the UTS base and this will look worse, almost like a very visible knot on a lace system. Over time hairs shed and on a UTS this leaves the visible remnants on the base, which make the hairline look worse, so I snip away at the hairline as the system gets older. Not a big problem, just maintenance. And given the Covid situation I've managed to make my current UTS system last 8 months so far!

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Solid advice. Thanks a lot. I'll give it a while and see how it settles.

How on earth have you managed to keep your UTS for 8 months?! I was told this one would last 6 weeks max!! Although my stylist thought that it could go for 3 months. Would love to this I could maintain it for longer.