First Time Wearing, Problems, Help!

ElmoAulen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello dear community, my name's Elmo and I in need for an advice regarding Hair System.

I'm 26 yo, always had a thin hair and recently found that it became very noticeable on the back. Been researching Hair Systems and gave it a chance. Really wanted to have an ability to actually do a hairstyle instead of just 'something'.

Basically I bought two hair systems from AliExpress, one with Full Swiss Lace and other something called Swiss Lace with Npu. Decided to try out the Npu one. The size was approximately 6x8 inches.

So I managed to shave it, it bonded to the scalp with tape on perimeter and glue in the front. Even got cut in and it all looked great and still looks... But..

After some hours I started to have mild headaches, later becoming unbereable. I took it off and thought that's my reaction to the glue, however having tried with tape only, I've experienced the same headaches.

Well... It seems this type of base doesn't 'breathe' properly and it feels hot inside and that's why I have headaches. I put it off and cleaned my scalp and tried a full Swiss Lace one, however it creates itching to my scalp.

The question is... As I understand neither of bases give me the comfort and I have the headaches. Should I abandon my idea of having a proper hairstyle with those hair systems? Is there any way to fix that?

The glue I've been using is Davlyn Green and the tape is Walker Ultra Hold. Maybe another bond needed? All in all it stays very strong, I don't have problems with it moving and I don't sweat much. It's just this annoying headache that I have every time I use it.

Also could you recommend some realible hair system stores for Europe? Maybe it just bad hairpiece?

I would appreciate if you guys could help.

Thank you

Noah

Reaction score
That's strange. It doesn't sound like it's the adhesives. You could try attaching with a strong hairgel like Got2BGlued, to eliminate that possibility.

Headaches like that can be caused by tension. Could it be that your attachment was too tight, and was putting continuous strain on your muscles? Or (I hesitate to say this) could it be psychosomatic - i.e. it's the stress of putting on the system and going out in public with it that is causing you to have headaches?

Where are you based?

ElmoAulen

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's strange. It doesn't sound like it's the adhesives. You could try attaching with a strong hairgel like Got2BGlued, to eliminate that possibility.

Headaches like that can be caused by tension. Could it be that your attachment was too tight, and was putting continuous strain on your muscles? Or (I hesitate to say this) could it be psychosomatic - i.e. it's the stress of putting on the system and going out in public with it that is causing you to have headaches?

Where are you based?

Hi Noah, I'm in Latvia, Baltics. We have 25-30° celsius right now so I'm thinking maybe it's because of the weather I have those headaches.

Anyway, today I tried Supertape Low Profile and Walker Ultra Hold mini tabs, without Davlyn it feels quite good. I'll get through the day and see what happens.

Could you send me some info where I can buy some good hair systems via PM? The one I'm using is quite dense.

Thanks!