First time I heard someone I knew was taking finasteride

jorgedudicoff

Reaction score
Many people might not care about this, but as someone who has felt like no one around him understands hairloss or what treatments are available this was pretty interesting to me. A family friend of mine is a straight NW7, the interesting thing is he wore a toupee most of his life, because as far back as I remember him, he had a ton of hair! I remember a few years back when he decided to give up the toupee I was shocked (I would become more understanding as I eventually started losing). Then one day I met his son, as I swear this guy was basically a NW1 in his mid-40s, with a dad at NW7!

I thought that maybe he hit the genetic lottery and his mother's genes or something saved him. Nope. Was in the car with the guys parents yesterday, and they mentionned that from their trip back from the Philippines their son has asked them to buy some finasteride. I remained as calm as possible when I heard this, because I have NEVER heard anyone in real life mention the drug aside from doctors. She went on to say how their son told them straight up how he was taking it for hairloss even exclaiming to them "see mom, all my hair grew back!".

This blew my mind for some reason. As I have never met a real live person taking finasteride, it has almost felt like a myth to me (of course i know people take it). It seemed like everyone was just fine with losing and no one really bothered, had me feeling like I cared too much. But here's a guy, mid 40s, well established, good paying career, wife, two kids, religious, and even HE was taking finasteride. And I have a feeling, he pretty damn well is fine with the risks, because he's smart and he's weighed pros and cons and decided it worth it to hold onto his hair.

I just wanted to say this to anyone else who feels like they may be the only one taking finasteride, or trying to do anything about their hair loss, there ARE people out there, some closer than you think taking it, and these overemphasized sides are taken much to strongly into account. If you quit your almost 100% sure to recover, so give it a shot.

br1

Reaction score
Many people might not care about this, but as someone who has felt like no one around him understands hairloss or what treatments are available this was pretty interesting to me. A family friend of mine is a straight NW7, the interesting thing is he wore a toupee most of his life, because as far back as I remember him, he had a ton of hair! I remember a few years back when he decided to give up the toupee I was shocked (I would become more understanding as I eventually started losing). Then one day I met his son, as I swear this guy was basically a NW1 in his mid-40s, with a dad at NW7!

I thought that maybe he hit the genetic lottery and his mother's genes or something saved him. Nope. Was in the car with the guys parents yesterday, and they mentionned that from their trip back from the Philippines their son has asked them to buy some finasteride. I remained as calm as possible when I heard this, because I have NEVER heard anyone in real life mention the drug aside from doctors. She went on to say how their son told them straight up how he was taking it for hairloss even exclaiming to them "see mom, all my hair grew back!".

This blew my mind for some reason. As I have never met a real live person taking finasteride, it has almost felt like a myth to me (of course i know people take it). It seemed like everyone was just fine with losing and no one really bothered, had me feeling like I cared too much. But here's a guy, mid 40s, well established, good paying career, wife, two kids, religious, and even HE was taking finasteride. And I have a feeling, he pretty damn well is fine with the risks, because he's smart and he's weighed pros and cons and decided it worth it to hold onto his hair.

I just wanted to say this to anyone else who feels like they may be the only one taking finasteride, or trying to do anything about their hair loss, there ARE people out there, some closer than you think taking it, and these overemphasized sides are taken much to strongly into account. If you quit your almost 100% sure to recover, so give it a shot.

are you taking it?

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, one of my friends who is in his mid 30s was the first to tell me. He has a beautiful head of hair. Dad is a Norwood 100. A lot of people are on the drug, don't believe everything negative you read about the drug online. Not to say side effects don't happen to people, just to do your own due diligence and weigh our own pros and cons before taking or not taking finasteride.

Many people just pop a pill, forget entirely about their hair and go on with their lives.

all

Reaction score
ive never met anyone who i know to be 100% taking it. But one of my friends, who was balding prety bad, seems to have gained a little ground... suspicious.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Norwood one, you're on .25 right? I just hopped back on finasteride at that dose I really don't feel sides. Any higher though from experience j start to get them

diehunnen123

Banned
Reaction score

you should find out how long he's been taking it

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I low key think my one friend takes finasteride and/or uses Rogaine. He had a very thin crown like a year ago now it is pretty filled in hmmmm.