first time here-i say hello

G

Hi,
i've actually found a forum on female hair loss and it feels good!
i don't know really how this works but it would be great to speak to others suffering from the same thing as me.
i've been losing hair for a few years now and it's made me quite depressed and life-less i must admit. the best thing about me was my long curly hair and now it's just thin and life-less.
i just put in a hair piece and i don't think i can do this for much longer. it's noticeable, it's annoying, it takes up to 2 hours to wash, comb!!! and dry. it iches. i know i'm not being very positive but i'm just venting.
i just hoped that in this day and age something can be done about hairloss-female hair loss which is so diffuse and spread out and personally think is way worse that male hair loss.
anyways, don't know if anyone will write back, but I hope so.

mick

mayalopecia

Reaction score
Hi there dancingdiva,

Welcome to the forum. I don't know if you've read the sticky about this forum co-existing (well, sorta) at http://www.heralopecia.com, but if you post there, we're bound to flood you with advice!

I had very thick curly long hair just a year ago. Now I have think curly long hair. I have a hairpiece too, but I'm questioning whether it was the right design for me now, so I share your frustration.

Please come and see us again, we're here for you!

-maya

dancingdiva

Reaction score
hair piece

hI there,
I read lots about you!
don't know exactly which site I'm supposed to go to but since you replied here, so will I!

what kind of hairpiece did you get? why long? and tell me your frustrations!

i'm supposed to take it off tomorrow and i'm worried about how much hair will be left. i'm really scared about what i'm going top do to show up at work and function. this really sucks, i feel so stuck and without a solution if tomorrow i'm so thin i can't be seen anymore. one day i have loads of hair and next i'm baldy. of course people can tell but i'll just tell them i took hair extensions off but if i'm baldy that's another story.

anyways, we;ll see how it goes.

where do i post, here or the other site? thanks a bunch!

mick